44 coaches online • Server time: 16:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you fire an undead Zombie (lvl 2) with guard skill if he gets a smashed hip (-1 MA)?
Yes, kick him out of the team.
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
No, the poor guy is already worth his money.
82%
 82%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 41

akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL!

I'd say keep, av8 regen guard to sit in the middle and annoy people, and means you don't need guard on a speedy positional.

Just in case you're hanging around to play on FUMBBL too, I have sent you the Welcome to FUMBBL PM.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Not a reason to fire him per se but a skilled Zombie is a bloat in itself.

frankly, sir, bollox.

skilled zombies rock, and make the difference between a good and avery good zombie team.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for sharing your opinions. It was a hard decision, but I guess I will give him a chance.

I love BB, but I don't like the Cyanide community very much, so I joined FUMBBL (Thank you akaRenton for the guide).
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

yay

welcome

Cyanide is the home of inbred hillbillies.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

skilled zombies rock, and make the difference between a good and avery good zombie team.

A zombie is a pretty decent piece of a equipment. A skill increases his price by 50%. A double increases his price by 66%. After two skills the cost is doubled.

Potential valueable standard skills are Block and Dirty Player, but both don't work well together.

The usability of skills is always limited by a players ability to integrate itself into the game. Zombies main advantage is that they are able to screen and tie up opponents at low cost.
Generally speaking the lower the price for a player the less point in skilling him.

Undead teams are inoperable without their positionals. Sure, an all Zombie team works, but you don't pay the TV in advance.

Developed zombies and undeveloped positionals strongly distort the balance of an Undead team. Disagree if you wish, you're entitled to your opinion.

Guard is another skill that can hold its own on pretty much anyone and isn't wasted on somebody resilient. Do you need a slow guarder? Never. But it alters the setup of the team and can help to make things a lot easier. If you need a guarder like that you shouldn't disregard him because he drops a ma.. You'll still need him.
 Jump to: