43 coaches online • Server time: 16:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skip double on Callisto?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
No
56%
 56%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 25

C3I2

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Skip double? Yes/No +explanation please. Also forcing the vote,no pie.

Callisto
Gartch

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Since Callisto already has Stand Firm, I would choose Diving Tacle, but I think it's debatable, Tacle or Pilling On would be also very good on a Frenzy player.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Skip and take Piling On to hurt seriously.
Best synergy with Mighty Blow.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

...thought hard to give a proper answer to go along with the precision and length of the question so:

pie

edit: this is to be understood as answer aswell as an explanation
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't know what to do with her, quite frankly.

You want POMB, Guard, and Tackle on Zon Blitzers, period. Once you have all that, it's really up to you... Pro can be surprisingly good on TPOMBers, Stand Firm could be another option, or Juggernaut, or Frenzeh...

But really, you want at least one TPOMB Blitzer asap, and as many Guards as possible. She shouldn't have picked Frenzy and SF as 2nd and 3rd skills in the first place.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It is of course an intentional choice to not go PO on the blitzer, just like I chose to have two support blitzers with G+SF in that order. Since my st4 blitzer died, the only stat/double is one guard linewoman. Note that guard on those is cheaper then blitzers :-9

A double here is probably, jump-up, followed by piling-on; and is a bit boring choice.

The no PO choice is probably, juggernaut followed by tackle. Not having tackle is also a choice, to get more opponents (they tend to avoid tackle but not avoid Frenzy and Pro) exactly like forgoing PO is.

Clear fellows? Obviously you could go PO+Tackle, rather then the Jump-up - to get it faster, but it is a very similar choice, is it not? Hence the explanation is more important then the vote.
Kahvie

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut is really the only choice I think. Then dauntless.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the problem is you're explaining that you're willing to take sub optimal skills (no Tackle, really?) and you're asking us to explain why sub optimal skills would be the best choice. They're not.

I totally respect your choice if you wanna try something different (less so if it's not to scare cherries on GF), but that means you have something in mind and must follow your "vision". Don't ask us to explain why Juggernaut is better than Guard, Tackle, or PO: it's not. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Control sidelines, not damage. One is playing ball, the other is playing to injure. Its not the cherries, but the mid-experienced players that prefer that type of opponent by the way. The cherries all try to play some team with Frodo, Merry and Pippin on it and get fouled to death.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, lets be clear. The no PO choice is Guard.

The doubles choice is diving tackle, but it is inferior to either PO or Guard.

Oscar Wilde
Sainthropee

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

sidestep or guard I think

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Why you no tackle???

At least one of those pro players should have had tackle and given you have zero players with tackle that is your best option.

Fend would be much better on those linewomen than pro since you have tons of block, dodge and RRs.

And no sure hands?
Winni

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Take Dodge.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Catch

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Take Sidestep. Anyone touches you on the wings, they're going in the crowd. Lead the cage tight up the sideline with your Stand Firm teammates and crowd surf everyone who even looks at you funny.

Next up, Grab. Endless hilarity. Crowd push anyone from basically anywhere.

Alt: Jump Up, but you probably don't ever get knocked prone often enough to care. Other Alt: Guard, your team's already full of it, supporting you, it's fine. Other other Alt: Piling On, nonsense, just take the crowd pushes all night long, get ahead in the score.

You do need someone else with Tackle and Strip Ball to get it off the other team too, but you'll have their numbers down and be making it easy for your side to clean up.