54 coaches online • Server time: 16:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Just add luo (bread of gold) and he'll invite you.

Also, add Tomay because he's freaking awesome.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we'll have to work out what games we want to play, I know a few of us have Talisman.
Just wondering what other games are out there in the board game range.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

At some stage we might do another swl rpg thingy, was good in the past before we all got too busy.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
At some stage we might do another swl rpg thingy, was good in the past before we all got too busy.

rpg is one of my trigger words. What are you talking about I want in.
Toonie

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you part of the SWL group on Facebook Tomay?
I posted about a program on Steam where you can play D&D.
If you aren't part of the group, here is a link to the actual article.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/22/8470473/dungeons-dragons-virtual-tabletop-fantasy-grounds

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Toonie wrote:
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/22/8470473/dungeons-dragons-virtual-tabletop-fantasy-grounds

Huge pricing there...

https://app.roll20.net/editor/

Far better alternative.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Total.

War.

Multiplayer.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Total.

War.

Multiplayer.

+1

or Civ V
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... Got through the game against lolvenom and no one died.

A good day. Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

A side project gentlemen...

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=645024#645024

JOIN! THE HATCHET MAN COMMANDS YOU.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 2 itsawrap!

Two rounds in and already we are without a team to take max points which hopefully bodes well for a nice close season. Autumn's leaves bounced back after a scoreless opening round with a convincing win over Relezite's Pro Elves. Lady Maple leaf (resident MA10 MB Wardancer) and Orion of Oak (stock standard +MA S4 blodge thrower) leading the charge putting through 4 TD's. Barre finally stopped Grumpsh from picking up max points, though the Necromantic casualty strike rate still plays way above average, with 5 cas from 56 blocks, vs the Collider ZERO from 48. Steaked are still struggling from being a little underdone (ho ho ho) copping the wrong end of a stiff Erigor Chabot. Nothing permanent at least... Faulcon and Beefy ground out another draw. Faulcon will be disappointed that Shmygeey had to be retired, putting him down to one skink with block or wrestle. Mania Enforcer, Intenstive Purposes is back for round three, I suspect Beefy is pretty keen to have him back.

The Spelling Orcs & PSA had a showdown for one of my matches of the season. I thought Daudy was a little unlucky not to score, but stalling definitely has its risks as he discovered. Solid effort by Dazed on defence to hold out for the draw. Psych Lab again struggled this time against a sturdy Irgy, who showed that getting more than 3 TD's isn't just for these agile teams. Crypt-O-Night decided that the Horrors were a far more palatable opponent. Joe was obviously put out by this and proceeded to cripple Rabid's Block Mummy. Bravo. Joe still lost, but hey, can't have it all. Unless of course you make the rules AND police them. Jevouse has been on to me for a while to stop pushing people around so this time we decided to make every block a casualty and put all 15 Norse either in the KO bin or worse. Whalekillers stalwart, Flippers Jonasson, couldn't escape the ire of the crowd deep in the second half who made their displeasure known to him (albeit briefly) before decapitating him. R.I.P.

Sphinxes have been hitting their stride. This 3rd album is going down a treat. Smegish probably wishes the production could have waited a while. Fontana took yet another permanent injury, both throwers got ruined amongst other injuries. The H.E.R.O.E.S. need help. Luo only managed a dra despite this, but I suspect he was pretty happy with that showing. Redgum ran circles around the Dwarves, who were as likely to get back in the match after the first half as Robert Jordan was likely to ever finish that Wheel of Time series. ramchop played along with the pact in a match where Block faced off against strength, and nobody really got anywhere. The Wanderers are doing a really good job of shutting down opponents for a new pact team. Nice work. In other news Dr "Big Dawg" DiscoStu took home the points against the Sentinels. Keen to see if he's going to continue this solid run!

Edamame Diet struggled after a really poor run of dice... Actually who am I kidding - they gave away 66 blocks! That's a gift when you're AV7. I'm guessing a lot of these were attempting to slow the Blockers whilst on D, but even with a team of blodge that's gonna hurt. Tyra gave the Cavaliers a good spooning, holding score machine heretek to nil and giving the Kiwis very little to celebrate. fynmore has really picked up his game & played a solid match to get ahead of the Snowleopards who, despite 7 TD's in two games are still to pick up any points for the season. My big tip for the Harlequins conference was thwarted by Toonie. Them Darkies can ball!

The Blackwater Fun Police ruined another team in as many weeks. The Greenstars have gone 5-0 for the season thus far, getting it done vs the deities. Jinxed Jesters won the Glee Club lottery and faced a shadow of mushoomy's recovering outfit. Easy Mode is proving harder than originally thought. cdwat decided to reroll from his squishy elves... to Underworld. Kudos on the pyrrhic victory.

The St Killa Sinners were inches from retirement after charger showed them who was boss. Charger's pooncey Elf-huggin ways showed through and he let Poods get away without being totally destroyed. Black stag are enjoying a rebuild picking up 5 points on the way. The Baron's and their Khemrian foes played out an entertaining draw, whilst the other rookie Nurgle team under the guidance of dustbunny got stuck in against the developing Nemesis Demons.

Which brings me to the match of the round. Vamps vs Ogres. Absolutely hilarious match to watch. Full of terrible rolling, decisions a whole lot of Bonehead, and self inflicted casualties. Great match in good spirits. Oh, the Ogres won, but I don't think either of them cared about that.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice writeup mate. Good stuff.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Id play Civ 5 or Beyond Earth multi
Samaranthae

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Gday folks and welcome to Talkin Bloody
The show where we break down the week play by play and cover the do’s and don’ts and the WTF plays from the SWL league.
Premier League at a glance
The premier league is the classic battle of agility vs strength. So far agility has been leading the way with Wings of Condor winning out over both Chaos Dwarves. The Wings haven’t had it all their own way though, unable to stop the Autumn Leaves from making it rain touchdowns.
DO’S
This play is a textbook example of chain-pushing to freedom. For many here it may seem a simple skill but when I was a beginner this was the first lesson I decided I had to master to become a more experienced coach.

Rather than a dodge into 2 tackle zones the Tree moves into the corner and adds his guard to the blitz. Then the Wardancer blitzes corner pushing the player into the ball carrier and the ball carrier into near freedom. The line elf now dodges into no tackle zones for the touchdown.

DON’TS
Bloodbowl is about minimising your risk or maximising your opponents. Every dice has a 1 or a skull on it so every dice you can make your opponent roll is an opportunity. This example is a small thing but when defending against a one turn touchdown if your screening the baseline your aim is to make them dodge 3 times. Once dodging next to the player, the second dodging to the outside of the player and the third dodging free and clear.

By placing the players on the 2nd square from the baseline Beefygoodness robbed himself of a dodge roll. One square further forward requires an additional dodge roll. As it happened Yaeyeynnlmth fell flat on his face and we all laughed anyway.

The WTF’s
This gem from Jamesfynmore is either a textbook example of why slann are overrated or underrated. I can never be sure which. Which coincidentally is how I also feel about Jamesfynmore.

This admittedly Ag 5 catcher handoff play required the following dice rolls.
Leap 2+, dodge 4+, Pickup 4+ (sure hands), 2+ dodge, 2+ dodge, 2+ dodge, 2+ dodge, 2+ hand off.
The amazing part is that he failed the last dodge dropping the ball onto the catcher in the endzone who held onto it for a Touchdown.
Well I hope you enjoyed Talkin Bloody. Be sure to join us next week

Last edited by Samaranthae on Jul 06, 2015 - 10:16; edited 1 time in total
heretek

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2015 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Tyra gave the Cavaliers a good spooning, holding score machine heretek to nil and giving the Kiwis very little to celebrate.

Well no one died or got crippled, so that's worth celebrating. Spoiler alert; the same cannot be said of my third round...
 Jump to: