34 coaches online • Server time: 18:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to do, what to do...?
Big Hand
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Two Heads
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Guard
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Tackle
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Diving Tackle
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
Pass Block
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Claw
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Diving Catch and retire
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The team
The player

In my younger and more vulnerable months, I had initially envisioned the ultimate anti-elf, ball-hawking gutter runner, with SS, DP, pass block, shadowing, DT, the whole works of defensive skills. Basically, I seriously overestimated DP, and wasn't able to let go of the dream when the next double came up. And of course, Nuffle has decided to reward such folly with another double.

So, in short, I suspect the answer here is Diving Catch and a pink slip. I have the cash to replace, and his TV is getting to be monstrous for a good, but seriously bloated gutter. Normally, I'm really not a fan of the healthy retire, and I generally prefer to just revoke apo privileges and let the LoS work its magic, but I feel like at this point it could put the rest of the team in pretty serious jeopardy to be playing that much TV up and throw away a positional.

The question is: is he salvagable? Take Big Hand and add some retreiving ability? Two Heads to let him go anywhere? Side-stepping guard is always appealing. Skip the double, take DT and play lots of elves?

I'm very interested what people would take here (note, even if you vote for an early job on the sidelines, I'm very interested what people think the best skill would be if I were to keep him around, and would love to hear opinions).

But you made up the reasons to fight
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the need to retire, just use him like you planned, and recklessly mark things.

So diving tackle or shadowing for me
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd almost give him VLL and Pass Block. Pass Block will let him move his DP into the Catcher, or Thrower's range, and mess up the pass or catch attempt, and VLL might earn him a few interceptions. DT would be another useful skill, though I've found people are more likely to just take the 2D block or blitz than the dodge. Granted, he's a pain in the arse to take down without Wrestle or Tackle, which makes DT and Shadowing even more useful.

But, I still believe Pass Block may serve better than Shadowing in the long run, if he can get into the catcher or passer's range and smell up the joint. You really don't need Shadowing and DT in most cases, because once DT goes off, Shadowing stops.

Order really doesn't matter, but I'd say DT and Pass block with him. There is some merit to Blodge, guard, side-step, but that'll make him a bigger target than he is, and probably bring about a quick death
Kahvie

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are going to retire him why not put diving tackle on him and stand him beside whom ever you want to mark. If he dies or is injured doing it, well who cares you wanted to gt rid of him anyway. Until then use him to grab the ankles of the other teams ball carrier and hold on for dear life until he dies.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle and tackle will serve him well. A good tool on defence along with your wrestler.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

DT is the coolz

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard on doubles, diving tackle or tackle on normals.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

what could be worse than a nasty mouse humping the leg of your opponent's ballcarrier?

Diving Tackle for me (Shadowing is not so effective)

Jump to: