36 coaches online • Server time: 00:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2015 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done on a lovely bit of work, nice formatting.

I shan't comment on change a or change b, because it's the principle of NTBB I've always disliked. It's not for me; tiers are an important facet of the game that we love, and they're great where they are. Plus, insert 'con to rules changes' arguments, of which there are many.

But I just wanted to say lovely work. In the event [L] gets to where we want it to be, I hope you get a league going.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2015 - 22:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks goo. I haven't really narrowed the tiers though, just borrowed the name. I think the poor teams are still where they need to be and the changes are mostly based on playability and enjoyment.

@bghandras: I think the woodies 'thing' is being the fastest elves. While it would perhaps be a good change I think it would make them too similar to the pro elves.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2015 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree.
On the other hand - Assuming that perpetual league is among your targets, and seeing proven that a lino of 70k, str3, and armor7 is not viable long term (without another cheap positional), so I tend to believe that there must be an overhaul to elven races.
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2015 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're not narrowing the tiers why call it NTBB?

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2015 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I did note there wasn't loads (although I guess I have it a medium skim or so) of narrowing. But again, blah, no rules changes, etc. blah. Smile

I'm absolutely not going to get drawn into specifics, and I've not read the whole thread. But Woodies not viable long term?! It's an odd world we live in sometimes. Wink

*Runs away at pace*
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2015 - 00:29
FUMBBL Staff

I called it NTBB as it's a familiar term relating to roster changes and balancing. I suppose their is a bit of narrowing as the aim is to make more teams competitive. I haven't tried to make all the teams equal though, or boosted the real down and outs for the sake of it. I agree not all teams should be equal so halflings, goblins, underworld saw very little change. Ogres did, but that was cos I think their current iteration could be more fun with a change.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2015 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I called it NTBB as it's a familiar term relating to roster changes and balancing. I suppose their is a bit of narrowing as the aim is to make more teams competitive. I haven't tried to make all the teams equal though, or boosted the real down and outs for the sake of it. I agree not all teams should be equal so halflings, goblins, underworld saw very little change. Ogres did, but that was cos I think their current iteration could be more fun with a change.

It is a pretty misleading name. With a name like this a lot people will probably just ignore the thread completely.

Wouldn't it be better to call it MyLRB7?

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2015 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great. I will have a look though the team changes you made.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2015 - 02:09
FUMBBL Staff

I can change the name, but as there's only roster changes it isn't really LRB7 either.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2015 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

May I suggest either 'Stupid RNG' or 'lineman 1st skill, normal roll' You'll get plenty of hits with either of those.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 14:25
FUMBBL Staff

I've changed the name on the advice given above.

WhatBall wrote:
Looks great. I will have a look though the team changes you made.

Thanks! I've been back through the WhatRuleBook to see what you did. I think a lot of the themes are quite similar even if the individual changes aren't all the same. Smile
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2015 - 14:46
FUMBBL Staff

It's been a week, so I thought I'd bump this again and see if anyone has any proposals of their own Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2015 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
It's been a week, so I thought I'd bump this again and see if anyone has any proposals of their own Very Happy

I have quite a few, although that would deserve its own thread, I think...
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2015 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Same here. Wonder if there could be any agreement made between the zillion versions that people may come up with (including myself).

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The change to undead skeletons I see as making them only worth having as foulers. With no regen, and decay added to the mix even with only 30k cost they wouldn't work for me as anything else. It would pretty much guarantee firing them if they skilled beyond DP first skill.

Zombies would have to be to tie up players, with a decent AV and regen they're far more durable than the altered skeleton.

Not sure undead actually needed a change, as it's only at higher TV when you start to get Claw appearing more that they begin to struggle.

Possibly put skeletons back as they were. Add 10k to ghoul cost and give them sure feet (although that may make them even stronger for low TV where they are already a very strong roster). I know I've lost dozens of ghouls to GFI permanent injuries and deaths.

Have scanned through the other changes to teams, but with limited playtime on many of the races I'd find it harder to pinpoint potential problems.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
 Jump to: