65 coaches online • Server time: 17:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2015 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Beefy: not a bad idea. That sort of stuff could go in the HoF page (and we have a 'forlorn' section already - this could certainly be expanded).
As you say though, the information would be harder to source than just winners. Coaches themselves would know best as to which of their teams have been the most...underwhelming.
Perhaps a call out to the league to submit your forlorn, feckless and f...rustrating teams?

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2015 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see some records like we used to have on the old website:

Players: (say the top 3 from each rules edition)
Most SPP, TDs, Cas, Fouls, Turns, etc following the twahnlows format but as an alltime number.

Matches:
Highest Gate, Most TDs, Most Cas, Biggest Margin, etc.

Teams:
Most Games, Most TDs, Biggest TD Diff, Most Cas, Cas Diff, Best Win %, etc.

For this though I think we'd need a script to sort it out and punch out the results.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2015 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome. It's been 4 a year since I've been here, nice to squeeze in 5.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2015 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Luohghcra wrote:
Beefy: not a bad idea. That sort of stuff could go in the HoF page (and we have a 'forlorn' section already - this could certainly be expanded).
As you say though, the information would be harder to source than just winners. Coaches themselves would know best as to which of their teams have been the most...underwhelming.
Perhaps a call out to the league to submit your forlorn, feckless and f...rustrating teams?

Malalo-bloody-cide... Easily the most frustrating. Cursed, and generally crap.
Worst? Batmania. But I have excuses...

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2015 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
I would like to see some records like we used to have on the old website:

Players: (say the top 3 from each rules edition)
Most SPP, TDs, Cas, Fouls, Turns, etc following the twahnlows format but as an alltime number.

Matches:
Highest Gate, Most TDs, Most Cas, Biggest Margin, etc.

Teams:
Most Games, Most TDs, Biggest TD Diff, Most Cas, Cas Diff, Best Win %, etc.

For this though I think we'd need a script to sort it out and punch out the results.

+1

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably don't need a script. Lets just get Redgum to trawl through every single game played in the SWL.
Toonie

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember the SWL page used to have all the old records concerning highest totals for a single match.
Maybe if we could have 3 categories, highest for a match, season and lifetime, this would add to the SWL fluff with targets that coaches could aim for.
We would have to split them into 2 eras as well, LRB4 and CRP, as some records in LRB4 would be hard to replicate for example a coach who got get the ref for both halves in LRB4 could easily get 10+ fouls in with a player for a match.
Even with a bribe/s in CRP, the chances of doing the same are slim.
Also the total gate is different, in a match between Woodies Double Double Revenge and Angry Asgardians, the gate was 175000, and that would be very hard to replicate in CRP as well.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the feedback so far guys. about half of you have sent in PM, and some have posted feedback in the forum. much appreciated.

if i can be picky though, id prefer answers to questions in a pm.

after organizing feedback, i will run proposed changes by the ruling elite before a possible updated.
Samaranthae

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2015 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe in ligth of recent events we need a hall of vallhalla where our dead legends can live forever
Dlock

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

What comes to dead legends... they were weak and decided to die... they should be forever forgotten and their names taken off all the records.

- D

PS. My Lady Leaf, what am I ever going to do without you... Sniff (goes somewhere to hide and cry over his dead pixel for a couple of months or so).

PPS. Thanks to people who answered my dice related question.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Drafty, draft, draft, draft. Wheeeeee!

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

balle - i think it is great how it is, just wanted to say

also just to let everyone know that due to my wedding and the sped up timeframe of next season i am going to be forced to park

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Bobs

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Shoulda planned that better !!

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome one and all to the SWL Draft Announcement! It is the end of another long season and some established coaches along with a new arrival are waiting with baited breath as the Commissioner steps to the podium..."

Coach Karnov... Undead!

"Oooh! The first surprise of the night! Coach K has had enough of them high falutin', prancin' Elfy ways and has gone with the big guns!"

Coach Mushoomy... High Elves!

"Well, Mushoomy seemed to despair of his Pro Elves' propensity to fly off the pitch at a rate of knots. Still, is AV8 that much safer than AV7? Only time will tell..."

Coach paradocks - Ogres

OOOOOGGGGGRRRREEEEEESSSSS!!!!! We love seeing the big brutes lumbering around the pitch. Now there are expectations after lolvenom's excellent efforts. Can paradocks do the same?

Coach Poods - Khemri

"OH! I think most in the know realised this might happen sooner or later. Can Poods emulate his decent NBFL performances in the rugged SWL? You know what? I don't think he cares. Look at him! Dancing around the room while Michael Bargen gazes on approvingly."

Coach Toonie - Norse

"Whoops in the audience as the Master Blaster gets his beloved Norse hooligans. Coming in the shadows of the Angry Asgardians, what level of carnage can his new squad do?"

Coach polemarch - Undead

"It's a great night for regen here, folks! Coach poley has done away with the bloodsuckers and has gone old school. Undead are coming back in a big way. Should the living be running scared? We say... Always!

Well folks, that's all from me. Just a quick announcement to whet the appetite. More to come from the SWL Grandstand team as we consider the new kids on the block.

Last edited by DrPoods on Aug 03, 2015 - 13:04; edited 1 time in total
heretek

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2015 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, damn, did I miss the draft? Didn't realise it had started.