20 coaches online • Server time: 02:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Toonie

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep draft is done.
Now we are eagerly waiting to get some ToB games played with our new teams.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Chavo wrote:
Bobs wrote:
Expected RD 1 deadline is 31/8/2015. This will allow us to get 2 seasons in before the summer break.

Season 1 Round due: January 28th (2014), February 2nd (2015).
Season 2 Round due: April 7th (2014), April 13th (2015).
Season 3 Round due: June 16th (2014), June 22nd (2015).
Season 4 Round due: August 25th (2014), August 31st (2015).
Season 5 Round due: November 3rd (2014), ????

An August 31 deadline is not an early start. That puts next season finishing on December 21st. Assuming no extensions, that is really tight.

At the conclusion of this Season (31st of August) there will only be a 1 week break rather than two. We will however keep the two week round one, meaning we finish up on December 14th.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

It'll be a Krampus miracle.
Redgum

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Probably don't need a script. Lets just get Redgum to trawl through every single game played in the SWL.

Script may be more accurate. Wink

LX Awards nearly done. Just waiting on the final two games to confirm.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, shook of some rust from not having played Khemri for ages. Played pretty well but when the dodges are a'working for Ghouls it is going to be a tough day. Won the block count but made a hash of my drive. Got ahead of the TGs and wasn't able to quite get it right.

Slightly annoying to do 51 blocks for no CAS but Southbound Pachyderm got the MVP which is handy.

Still, being without a Blitz Ra with only 6 games left in our allowance (Grrrrr) I might need to just get back in the swing of things and skill some players. Results be damned.

GG Karnov.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2015 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

OK All

The new ToB season is setup with 30 teams. 20 fillers and 10 selected from fringe. Please drop me a PM with the team you are entering Fringe as a blooder or drafter so I can add you in. Or get on to IRC as ask another fringe admin to do it for you.

All the best for the trial

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Folks, hit me up for a trial vs some High Elves.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Redgum wrote:
LX Awards nearly done. Just waiting on the final two games to confirm.

I was talking to Frank the other day. Said he was cranky that he only got 6 games in, pretty much a warm-up in the scheme of things.
Semitence

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Slightly annoying to do 51 blocks for no CAS but Southbound Pachyderm got the MVP which is handy.

Sometimes that happens. Sometimes you do 30 blocks for 5 or 6 casualties. It all evens out in time.
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy to play Trial games with my Halflings. Send me a PM to organise a time.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Halflings?! Pffft~! I think it's clear everyone wants to play my Ogres....

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
DrPoods wrote:

Sometimes that happens. Sometimes you do 30 blocks for 5 or 6 casualties. It all evens out in time.

Oh absolutely mate. No complaints, it was just an observation. What I meant was that it was just a minor quibble. The main thing was that I think I played OK positioning wise. Forced dodges and 1D blocks. Just didn't go my way this time.

None of this takes away from Karnov by the way.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

All-time Champions by race

9 Image

7 Image
6 ImageImage
5 ImageImage
4 Image Image
3 Image Image
2 Image Image Image
1 Image

With the Colliders' 5th title, Chorfs have moved clear at the top of the racial marathon table.

Personally, I think some of the biggest achievements are the 3 titles in a row by lrb4 Nurgle (something their OP crp cousins have yet to manage), as well as the two Vampire wins. Back to back titles with Skaven is also pretty good.
Daudy

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The three titles in a row by LRB4 Nurgle were done by 2 different teams. If someone else picked up the slack before/after when I won two in a row... Still a good achievement though. I also think it could also be tricky for a tandem to emulate those Nurgle teams now with the less stable Prem scene season to season from the new promotions/relegations.

I personally rank your 3 in a row spree as the best that I've seen whilst being part of SWL. I remember gunning for that (and instead flopping and relegating 3rd season as soon as Tomay started predicting me to win), and I'm pretty sure you're the first and only coach/team to win 3 in a row straight. Obviously a couple of coaches (again, including yourself) have won more than that total using one or a combination of teams, but not 3 in a row I think. 2 in a row has happened a few times.

Has anyone won Prem with a perfect 35 points (aka 7-0-0)? My best effort was 32 points (6-1-0, thanks a lot Luo).
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2015 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Daudy wrote:

Has anyone won Prem with a perfect 35 points (aka 7-0-0)? My best effort was 32 points (6-1-0, thanks a lot Luo).

\o/
Sphinxes from Mars: Ruining perfect seasons since 1066!