43 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
uzkulak wrote:
Then, with all due respect to the Gorers, gratz to the Wasters on their blood drenched march to victory!

Indeed, congratulations to the Wasters.

With a lucky 2-0 win (helped along by a very useful wizard), the Gorers managed to sneak a spot in this season's Cup. Although we might not have been the best team overall this season, we had the best defence in the Albion Conference, conceding only 3 touchdowns in 5 matches.

That's indeed pretty good, especially in comparison to the mighty Goldlords, which conceded 5 or more the 3rd season in a row - a number never that high in their first 7 seasons. Seems Uzkulak is neglecting the Goldlords' defence. Shocking. Unfortunately that doesn't stop them at all from winning too many games, especially the really important ones Wink
gjopie

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Meanandugl wrote:
That's indeed pretty good, especially in comparison to the mighty Goldlords, which conceded 5 or more the 3rd season in a row - a number never that high in their first 7 seasons. Seems Uzkulak is neglecting the Goldlords' defence. Shocking. Unfortunately that doesn't stop them at all from winning too many games, especially the really important ones Wink

Absolutely. It would be unfair not to point out that the Athel Loren BBoDT are one of only two teams - along with the Grimjuice Renegades - to concede only 2 touchdowns this season. The Serpents Coast Scavengers matched the Gorers' 3 touchdowns over in the Bretonnia Conference.

Only the BBoDT have done really well because of it - the other three teams all finished third. It looks like it is more important when you concede those touchdowns than how many you concede.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats to uzkulak and gjopie on their Cup places.

Must admit I felt a little embarrassed to secure top spot with a 2/3/0 record... those bonus points really saved me... however it wasn't all one way, we were beaten up and out cas'd by Frostheim United CD's, and on a par with the dwarves of Barak Varr Goldlords.

Crima Clovenhoof only got 3 TDs this time around, and Mivott Bileguzzler made 8 cas's. We're losing our touch! Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2015 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Standings
Albion Conference

Congratulations to the Diseased Wasters for winning the Albion Conference for their second time. They will receive a bye into the semi-finals of the Challenge Cup, where they have been knocked out on two prior occasions. Good luck to them in their attempt to better their previous record.

In 2nd and 3rd place respectively were the Barak Varr Goldlords and Gotland Gorers (all three teams finished with 7 points). The Goldlords are no strangers to the Cup - they've competed in 6 of the 9 Challenge Cups, winning 3 of them - and started the season the highest ranked team in the league, so they will be one of the favourites to do well. The Gorers, on the other hand, have only made it into the Cup once before, two seasons ago, when they were knocked out in the semi-finals. Congratulations to both teams.

The Albion Inter-Conference Shield team are, in order:
4. Castle Drachenfels
5. Elves of Albion
6. Remnants of Kriegfeld
7. Frostheim United
8. Turov's Infected

They have a total of 25 points (tiebreak of 0), which will help decide whether they get first or second choices in the Shield competition.

The Lahmia Undead United will be playing in the relegation playoffs, in an attempt to stay in the big leagues next season, while the Foul Peak Crawlers are automatically relegated and will feature in the Kislev Plate (if they return in time). (All relegations are pending decisions on teams staying/leaving the league)

Bretonnia Conference

Congratulations to Athel Loren BBoDT for winning the Bretonnia Conference for the second season in a row, with another undefeated season. They were the runner-up in last season's Cup, and will want to avenge that loss this time around.

In 2nd and 3rd place respectively were the Scalded Delta Dogz and Western Oblast Raiders Emsk. The Delta Dogz have only been to the Challenge Cup once before (when they were knocked out in the first round), but they have already broken a team record by finishing 2nd this season so they look like a good bet to do better this time. Every season, one team that gets promoted from Kislev seems to make it into the Cup (last time it was the Magpies, and the Gorers before them). This time, it is the Raiders Emsk. It is quite an achievement to get into the Cup in your first major season, so congratulations and good luck to them (and the Dogz!).

The Bretonnia Inter-Conference Shield team are, in order:
4. Serpents Coast Scavengers
5. Marienburg Magpies
6. Wasteland Vagabonds
7. Nidhoggstad Icedragons
8. Palinam Diadochi

However, given that the Icedragons have had to return to Nidhoggstad on urgent business, the OWCC Committee has decided to replace them with the next team down, the Doom Glade Swamp-Risers.

They have a total of 23 points, which means they get second choice in the Shield competition.

With the Swamp-Risers promoted to the Shield team, that means the Arkhan Faraohs will be taking their place in the relegation playoffs. Nobody from Bretonnia will enter the Kislev Plate.

Kislev Conference

The Zhaar Doom Bringers won the conference in an unbeaten season - they will be going up, and will get to choose which conference to enter next season. Joining them in automatic promotion are the second placed Orgrimmar Hammers. Congratulations to both teams.

Finishing in the two playoff positions were the Grimjuice Renegades (3rd) and Barak Varr Ironshields (4th). While the rest of the Conference takes part in the Kislev Plate, they will be in the playoffs with Undead United and the Faraohs, with the top two teams guaranteed a place in the Major Conferences next season.

The remaining teams finished as follows:
5th: Clar Karond Exiles
6th: Green Tide Yoof
7th: Greenleaf Gladiators
8th: Sabre Mountain Titans

They'll be in the Kislev Plate, and will probably stay in Kislev next season. They'll be joined in the Plate by the two top teams - the Doom Bringers and the Hammers - as well as the Crawlers and the Icedragons if they return.

Giant-Killer Award

The winners of this season's Giant-Killer Award are the Barak Varr Ironshields, with 751 points. Congratulations!

Runners-up were the Gotland Gorers with 600 points and the Greenleaf Gladiators with 445 points.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2015 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice write up as always gjopie!
Question: Do the Player Records also include the Cup?

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2015 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
Nice write up as always gjopie!
Question: Do the Player Records also include the Cup?

Thanks.

Yes, they do. But the seasonal records don't include the post-season tours.

But the all-time records do (because its easier that way).

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, thanks gjopie.

Minor questions tho:

- the giant killing award is a cross conference award? Meaning the winner made the most CAS'/ damage in all of the OWCC's divisions?

- should a team win the playoffs or end up 2nd, can it still choose to play Kislev for another season?
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Giant Killer means you had the best results while playing up in TV.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
Awesome, thanks gjopie.

Minor questions tho:

- the giant killing award is a cross conference award? Meaning the winner made the most CAS'/ damage in all of the OWCC's divisions?

- should a team win the playoffs or end up 2nd, can it still choose to play Kislev for another season?

Easilyamused is right: it's a cross-conference award for the team who won the most against teams with higher TV than them.

Yes, I suppose you could if that happened. I don't think anyone has ever tried.

Post 14 Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for getting backing.

- How naive to assume it was for CAS with all the highly developed teams in the upper divisions.

- That rocks! Will try to play full force and win the playoffs now! Getting drafted from Kislev without winning it, isnt in line with the goals i had when the season started.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It's OK, I have no intention of leaving Kislev this season anyway Very Happy

It would be the kiss of death for the team.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

We would always encourage more reliable coaches to play in the top divisions. Kislev is intended as a feeder league, giving coaches the opportunity to get used to OWCC (prove their reliability) and grow their teams to a reasonable level before playing in the big leagues.

It is of course your choice - at gjopie's discretion (and if you win!), but I would hope that people would take the chance, accept the promotion and take on the challenge of the bigger leagues, as we want to see the most competition for the top prizes.

Otherwise we may end up having to promote teams that finished lower down in Kislev - as we will start season XI with 10 in Albion and 10 in Bretonnia. NB: we have had some dropouts this season so will definitely need quite a bit of fresh blood from Kislev, although I think there are a couple of coaches who took a sabatical in season X for vacations and may come back for season XI.
albinv

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, to make it clear: i would only decide to stay in Kislev for another season if it is within the rules and if it doesnt compromise the normal league procedures. Lets see if i can win the damn playoffs and what the situation is we have then shall we?

(Of course my goal was to win all divisions, climb from the gutter to the top plot. If i get drafted the shot at the Kislev trophy is messed for good. Which would lessen the glory of winning the other divisions a bit. I hoped to finish 5th after it was clear i messed the season completely. Unfortunately it didnt happen.

Gratulations to Patator still of course who played a great season and who i had seen as clear favourite early on, turned out i was right [ofc].)
albinv

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Solved. Lost big time! Laughing
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2015 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick match report:

Semi-final
Barak Varr Goldlords 1 - Athel Loren BBoDT 0

A loss that feels bitter. Direct after the woodies had stolen the ball early in H1 the stealing WD suffered a mng casualty, despite sending in the apo. However, the elven a turn later again managed to pick up the ball and ran away towards the endzone. Another turn later they could have scored, but chose to stall a turn - a fatal mistake as it turned out. The Goldlords managed to get next to the bc with some successful blocks and gfis, the woodies failed a +2 dodge with rr to block away the opposing player, and failed 2 more +2 rolls one turn later (after they once mored had managed to pick up the ball). And to add injury to insult a turn later a skilled lino was fatally wounded after being blocked.
H2 was less spectectular and the BBoDT, with wiz and ball possession still had all chances to win. But they made some ill-advised decisions, lost a few more players, wasted the wiz - and lost.
Immediately after the game key player Nuramon Wildfire, a truly gifted (+AG. +MA, guard, SB) wardancer that suffered a serious permanent injury (-ST) last season, announced his retirement. A difficult decision that is to be respected. However, it remains to be seen if BBoDT will ever regain the strength and extraordinary skills the team has demonstrated over the last two seasons.
 Jump to: