19 coaches online • Server time: 08:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking of getting into Stunty but I'm not sure what team to use. Maybe you guys can help. Normally I use Dark Elves, Wood Elves and Chaos Dwarves in the Box if that helps at all.

I was initially drawn to Eshin Adepts because I like the fluff. However, they seem to be a weaker team and I like to win Smile Can Eshin be a top tier team?

I like the speed of Skinks and the Frenzy, Dauntless, G access Raptors. But they also seem to be a less represented team at the high end, ie tournaments.

I like Nurgle, but am a little wary of s1 Snotlings.

Should I get my Stunty feet wet with a more straightforward team like Chaos or Pro Halflings then make my decision?

Any input will help, thanks.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Eshin are a good low TV team, they struggle more the higher they go. However at low TV they win a lot. Personally, I struggle with them and I don't find them that enjoyable. They're also a bit of a one trick pony, with 1 player that dominates their play.

I wouldn't say Pro Halflings are very straight forward, in fact they're a bit similar to Eshin. These 2 and Skinks fall into the same bracket. Good low TV teams that are hard to stop from scoring. And you really do need to focus on the scoring aspect with these 3. I'd say Pro Flings are the most enjoyable of the 3, but I might be biased there.

Nurgle and Snotlings are both very slow, the slowest 2 teams. So right at the other end of the spectrum. Positioning is key again. Snotlings was another team I struggled with, however they've been improved a little since I played them. I think both these teams have good themes, and I adore Mr Fs icons, so I have a soft spot for Nurgle.

Chaos Halflings are the most numerous team, kind of ridiculously so at high TV. It gets a bit boring seeing so many. So I would say don't go for them, try Cheaterz if you want to go down that sort of route.

Personally I'd suggest starting a few teams rather than 1. It really is an excellent division, and so suited to CRP.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Gnomes? They can get beastly at high TV apparently.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input guys.

What are the the teams that can hang at high TV?

What about Cheaters? I've had an itch to play Goblins in CRP lately. If I can use them in stunty and be more competitive that might work.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblin Cheaters are super fun in Stunty. So are most teams. Snotlings are a blast to play, despite being awful. Make a bunch of teams, play, have fun. Don't focus on being min/max/Box efficient.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Play Dwarfs, they should do really well in Stunty Leeg. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You gotta get Pygie with it !
flydd

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I am really enjoying my nurgling team even though they are only 3 games old. Have you considered strigs? They are a tough roster to start however they get better later on as they have 5 players with GS access on normals which means they can reliably take down opposing players easier. You do need to accept blood lust and work out how best to deal with it.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to give Horrors of Tzeentch a try. Again. I did a mass clearout of teams. Was 1/0/0 with them. Laughing

Anyway, anyone with any guides or tips on Horrors, please PM me. Cheers.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
I am going to give Horrors of Tzeentch a try. Again. I did a mass clearout of teams. Was 1/0/0 with them. Laughing

Anyway, anyone with any guides or tips on Horrors, please PM me. Cheers.

Hope you have better luck with them than your Gnomes Smile I struggle to get horrors working, they are very slow and I haven't yet worked out how to deal with it.
Kam

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I like the speed of Skinks and the Frenzy, Dauntless, G access Raptors. But they also seem to be a less represented team at the high end, ie tournaments.

I'm completely biased but if you want to play the running / positioning game, Pygmies may be a good choice. The more I play them, the more they remind me Skavens actually. On average, they don't win the bash war (sometimes they do, but the absence of SW, the relative lack of G access players, and AV6 means they can't be #1 bashers), but MA6+ BG and positionals, 2 Prehensive Tails and mass shadowing means half of your team can completely lock the game while a few players run for the ball.

Downside: your killers (the Jags) won't survive the tourney, and your team will become awfully bloated after their death. That won't necessarily prevent you from winning, but that sucks.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So minmaxing has also hit the Leeg eh? Wink
Kam

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really, but at some point I had a 1800TV team with 2 blockers and 0 tacklers when Strigoyans can "easily" have 4 blacklers at 1300 TV. Wink

That being said, the remark is interesting. If we're talking about inducements, they generally don't make up for the TV difference. However, the number of B/T/MB does make the difference. In the previous example, the Strigs would have the upper hand because of the number of serial killers, not because of the 500TV inducements (a chef could be really annoying, but most coaches don't take one; it's easy to deal with the stars, and the wiz is just as good as in CRP, but once you've played a few games versus teams with 2-4 bombers, you know how to position to stay as safe as possible Wink).

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Play Dwarfs, they should do really well in Stunty Leeg. Very Happy

Good idea. I think that is what I will bring to the Stunty Cup.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Good starting teams in stunty are: chaos flings, squigs and cheaters. But I would certainly suggest starting a good 5 or 6 teams and see what you lie, there is as much if not more variety in stunty than there is in the main races....

See you on the pitch....

Jump to: