70 coaches online • Server time: 21:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What am I to do with it?
Implement all CRP rules and integrate with Fumbbl
46%
 46%  [ 53 ]
Use it as a test bed for new LRB
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Make variants like Rat Ogre Bowl & Deathroller racing
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Add Secret League rosters
15%
 15%  [ 18 ]
Eat a tasty pie
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 113

arry

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is there's new version with most of the skills working. Of course they might be buggy in certain cases, because I tested this thing only haphazardly. The most certain indicator of a bug will be that after you click something, the top bar goes blank and there's no other response. In this case you might describe the problem to me (preferably with a screenshot and game name, which is in the URL) and I might fix it.

The bad news is that I'm going to discontinue work on the project pretty soon in the future. I'm going to implement the basic inducements, star players, and probably the ability to create custom rosters. I decided to stop there because I've got another project that can benefit from my attention, and this one was meant as a fun diversion from that one, and has already overstayed its welcome.

Since the code is open-source, somebody might take up the flag and work further on it. Or be inspired and makes his own. I'll be available to answer any questions.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work arry!

I'm not seeing the opponent's moves though. I have to refresh the browser to see the updated game state.

Chrome 44.0.2403.157 vs FireFox 40.0.2

Windows 8.1

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2015 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, arry. I have used your client for a lot of "test matches", and found it really enjoyable.
bmceldowney

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
I've uploaded the new version. It got fixes for Chrome (and probably other browsers, because I gutted Flexbox completely); login/register and playing vs. other users. Uploaded code to Bitbucket.

I've been scanning this thread but I can't seem to find a link to the Bitbucket repo. Is it still being hosted?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

His server side is written in pearl tho while yours in java... not sure if that's an issue ^^
koadah

Post   Posted: May 14, 2016 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Third row from the bottom

https://bitbucket.org/arry/cff

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Onl;y jsut seen this, it lokos awesome! Just tried in a test game, works really well. Is there nay more news on this project? It would be great to be able to use this alongside the main client
arry

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, it's abandoned. I understood that I didn't like BB enough to see this project through. (But I've written another boardgame adaptation in the meantime, and now working on a secret another one.)
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh sad. I had some hopes we could combine it with the GrodBot...

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Grod&id=14742

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait it's open source and almost fully featured! This sh#$ just got interesting!

Oscar Wilde
greenishtinge

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing a few games with the java AI(GrodBot) since I'm entirely new to the game, so I'm using it to learn the rules(tackle zones and blocking(no. of dice etc)) are tricky when you're a noob to Blood Bowl.

Just wanted to say, both the AI bot and the online client mentioned above are especially useful to me while I'm learning so thanks for those chaps. I'll look forward to anymore developments with your bot too Grod. Combining it with an online client that doesn't require java would be fantastic. Good luck anyway, whatever you do. Great stuff.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

the user interface for creating teams is way friendlier than that of fumbbl

/me likes

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2017 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Wait it's open source and almost fully featured! This sh#$ just got interesting!

Is it touch enabled?

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2017 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I used it on my kindle fire(just messing around) and it worked fine with touchscreen, although my kindle has a habit of auto-zooming at every touch due to the small size(of the player icons etc). I'm not sure how much fun it'd be to try to play a proper game on a tablet the size of my kindle though.
steelers_wales

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2017 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Really good, but it didn't allow me to setup after a TD. I could only place 8 players (the rest were injured), but it kept saying I had to place 11.
 Jump to: