61 coaches online • Server time: 23:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs are a good starting team? There are a couple of teams that I'd say are much better starters than those 3.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I made Eshin, Cheaters and Strigoyan teams. Going to give those 3 a try. See you guys out there Smile
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The best starting team is Forest Gobbros. Gnomes look like they would be the strongest at high tv to me.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Angmarred wrote:
I made Eshin, Cheaters and Strigoyan teams. Going to give those 3 a try. See you guys out there Smile

I've played a couple of games as Eshin and can't say I understand what is their strong side. From most angles it's just an average stunty team, may be even below average. Shadowing can't be employed to its fullest without MA significantly better than that of shadowed player (and MA7 of Stalkers is not). Yes, it's quite a fluffy team, but not very interesting or effective. 3 stabbers on a team is good, but isn't something you couldn't get by playing some other team. Most of the team have standard AV, ST and AG. The only trump card of the team - Assassin - have AG4 and AV7, I give you that, but he is a lone irreplaceable positional and AV7 just isn't enough to protect him from being removed from pitch first-first. He also has got Claw, which is great, but, again, he is the only one in the team so the moment he will try to use it as it's meant to be use - to attack something big, mean and heavily armored - will most of the time be his last action in the match as he will be blocked to hell or fouled, being the only valuable asset.
They don't have big guys, either. They appeared to me as significantly under-powered, relatively to most other teams.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Their gimmick is that they're fast. The problem is is that Skinks are not only faster but have better AV, too.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah their gimmick is speed and the best all round player in stunty. MA7 AG4 GA access player........he's phenomenal. What you have to do....which admittedly I failed is to balance the team around him.......it's all about him.

Speed, Stab, Runner. Get the balance and you win. It's one of those teams though where you only want to run 14 players and get stars for the other 2.

The shadowing argument isn't fair. Average speed in stunty is 5, so an ma7 shadower is fine (it's whether the skill and +1 ma is worth 20k, the player is much more worthy than he used to be though. So I think he is).

Stunty is so topsy turvy though, you shouldn't worry too much. Just watch out for the blockle MB.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

This is something I have often wondered and would like the input of experienced stunty coaches...

If looking to dish out massive pain (results be semi damned), which is the best race? I suppose a race that gets lethal rather than tapers off if I had to choose between two extremes.

Just a few options really, I like the Horrors and will run them but I want a race that is a kill frenzy. However, reliability is useful. I tried Squigs and even though they can dish it out, the amount of times they totally imploded made them lose their lustre.

So, super killy. Who is it and why?

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

For me if you want a reliable super killy team then the best is Strigs. With just normal rolls you can get 5 players with Block, Tackle, MB, PO. One of these will be ST5 and have Claw. If you want to keep your TV low as well you can fire every thrall that skills and just go for a rule of 5 style roster in stunty.

Other rosters can have a higher killing potential but they will generally not be as reliable for me.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

flydd wrote:
For me if you want a reliable super killy team then the best is Strigs. With just normal rolls you can get 5 players with Block, Tackle, MB, PO. One of these will be ST5 and have Claw. If you want to keep your TV low as well you can fire every thrall that skills and just go for a rule of 5 style roster in stunty.

Other rosters can have a higher killing potential but they will generally not be as reliable for me.

This is true. I considered Strigs but bloodlust concerns me a bit. I have hilariously awful bloodlust rolls. Then again, B/T/MB/Pro could mitigate this a tad. Nice thought mate.

Anyone else? Options, people... OPTIONS! Laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
So, super killy. Who is it and why?

Considering you won't have time to build a team: Cheaters or Forest Goblins. Stab'em all!

EDIT - Oh, I take it's not for the Stunty Cup?! Yeah Strigs are a good choice then.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely Squigs are the killer team. You only have to look at what Azure has done with them. I think it takes time to build your team though, and they do take a lot of skill and patience.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs are killer at high TV, but not as much as they used to be with the Hopper changes.

Strigs can be very nasty at high tv as well, but highly unreliable.

Gnomes can be nasty, as can Nurgs. C'Flings too, if you can develop some nasty Spawns.

ANd of course, Skryre. The two mechas and a doomwheel can control a game.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs for the clawpombers!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Squigs for the clawpombers!

Claw ftw!
All that Stunty armour has no chance!

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're looking for win % at low TV, Skink, Forest Gobs and Eshin are the shiznit.

If you're looking for high TV bash dominance, CFlings, Nurglings, Strigs, Herders and Gnomes are all scary.

If you just want to play and have fun while still being competitive, Albion Fae, PFlings, Pygmys, Horrors, Gnoblars.

The teams I don't recommend to anyone (for a variety of different reasons), Snots, Cheaters, Slaves.