32 coaches online • Server time: 14:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to get the Skink who has it all?
Dauntless
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Strip Ball
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Frenzy
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sprint
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Guard
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Piling On
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Fend
42%
 42%  [ 18 ]
Wildcard Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 42

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Leader is a good shout. Kick could be an option seeing as it's very hard for Saurus to give up a skill for it.

I love Kick and yeah, it's hard to find the right player to saddle with it on Lizards since the skill access/skilling dynamic are pretty disparate between the 3 player types.

Lots to ponder.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 18:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Strip Ball. 2d uphill blocks that ball is comming lose 2/3 ish. Then with sure hands u can swoop it up 1/3 ish and away with stunty they will never catch you and if they do? u have blodge.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Given the skills he already has got, Sprint.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
Strip Ball. 2d uphill blocks that ball is comming lose 2/3 ish. Then with sure hands u can swoop it up 1/3 ish and away with stunty they will never catch you and if they do? u have blodge.

Blodge is a 70% win 30% lies.
mrbibitte3

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend would mean he's taking a hit and I don't like that. It's mostly a linemen skill.

If you're looking that way, instead of Fend, Wrestle would also provide some protection (wrestling instead of taking a second hit -or- wrestling on the opponent's turn then getting back up and running away without a dodge roll, etc)... and the skink could act as a safety on defence as Wrestle on a Saurus is a rare occurence. I find this more versatile.

Leader sounds good.

Kick Off Return would sometimes let you get a free shot at catching the ball... and if not, put you back to safety behind your Saurus quicker after grabbing said ball. Moving 11 squares on your first turn is useful, especially when you're in a hurry to move the ball !
okostomi

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2015 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

kick or leader
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

To those proposing kick or leader, you guys don't mind having to field your ball carrier on defensive drives??
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I would get kick myself, and no I never mind fielding my carrier on defense. To win a game you often need to pick up and move the ball after knocking it loose, and the best suited player for that is......

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I took Strip Ball because I am an elfballer at heart and that's just how I play the game. Also, I want to metagame punish people for not building ball carriers with surehands.
 Jump to: