13 coaches online • Server time: 06:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Just want to thank PC for all the years he's been running the tournaments that make this site great.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL is the one type of tournament that I'd keep seperated. There's so much difference in building races in Ranked and Blackbox that some races would suit ranked and some box. It's not an even playing field.

I think there is call now to look at combining some of the other minors now though.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Differences in builds is an argument FOR merging the XFL, not keeping them separate imo.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Differences in builds is an argument FOR merging the XFL, not keeping them separate imo.

+1

Sure some races will be dominated by Ranked teams but I cant honestly think any disadvantage that a merge will bring to the XFL.
The XFL will be complete and true to its purpose if both divisions can play
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the argument for it to bring the site closer together whether builds are different or not.

I think it is the split that is frustrating.

Give us combined Humans at least. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance we'll see box smacks? Possibly a rework of instant smacks? Currently I think they don't even work anymore...

I was just thinking along the lines... make a 4 player instant smack.. put the finalist on indefinite hold (of course with warning him in advance) and wait for a second group of 4 to complete an instant smack of the same category. Then the two remaining coaches set up a final. (They should have ample time to play this match since the first coach may not be imidiatly available. Say 1 month for the final and 3/4 month for a second group to start a smack. )
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Who wants to be tied up for a month?

I would say combined smacks but I doubt that many Ranked teams would want to go in with the nassssty Boxers. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
sonrises wrote:
Another thing that IMHO is calling for a rethinking is MAJORS qualifiers. At least MAJORS should be timezone friendly. NAF has proved that is possible to engage different timezones if the right format is put in place.

The only problem with this is that it dosn't solve the problem in the main draw where we are back to the existing format.

Hi EA,

First of all, best of lucks in your new position.
I would say that the main draw is not a problem to have coaches from different timezones. The odd cross timezone game when fighting for a big title is an inconvinience that most coaches interested in the tournament scene would take happily IMHO.
In past discusiones in the forums, i recall aussie and NA coaches saying that they would accept cross timezone games if qualifying for the main draw but to go cross timezone for the whole tournament was far too much.
Besides this, we have examples of this already in place in FUMBBL where regular season or qualifiers are played within timezone and playoffs are played cross timezone. i.e. NAF, KPL, OBBA and once in ALL STARS to mention some.

Again, best of luck to you, not an easy job Wink

o/
happygrue

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:

Now the question is... Why have I been reading happygrue instead of EA since one hour? Very Happy

Happy grues are easily amused. Wink

But more seriously, Great job PC. Thank you for your time!

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

Exactly.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I would say combined smacks but I doubt that many Ranked teams would want to go in with the nassssty Boxers. Twisted Evil

People who want to do instant smacks. Look at it like that: You only get tied up when you got a shot a tournament title.

..And I don't see getting 8 people together at a given time. The chat system simply doesn't support that anymore..
Kam

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I like the idea of separated B and R XFL too. But if that happens, we will need a B vs R super final. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
koadah wrote:

People who want to do instant smacks. Look at it like that: You only get tied up when you got a shot a tournament title.

..And I don't see getting 8 people together at a given time. The chat system simply doesn't support that anymore..

Waiting a month is not exactly "instant" though is it? You may as well just play a Brawl.

An alternative is to free up the teams straight away. Maybe say that you need to win three mini smacks for the chance to play another three time winner for a medal.

That encourages defeated teams to keep coming back. Brackets would need to be pretty wide though. If you were going to have brackets at all.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
koadah wrote:

You'd need a separate application space to function like Black Box but make it contingent on 8 people being in the que before starting. In essence you'd have a new Black Box but structured in a tourney format.

Thinking about actually getting this idea to a workable place - maybe if instant smacks were open Friday, Saturday, Sunday people could actually dedicate the time (about 270-300 minutes by my measure) to play if they're big winners.

But to Koadah's point, how is this much different than the Brawls if there is significant lag time between the first game and the last game? Or if there aren't enough people to participate?

If such a thing existed I would definitely play on Saturdays when college football is on and I'm back from foraging in the forest. I can do about 4-5 hours no breaks with Fumbbl but no everyone is an OCD cat like me.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2015 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the role, EA. Good luck, and I'm sure you'll do a fab job. Wonderful innings from PC, enjoy your retirement (from the role, I hope you're not hanging up your BB boots!).

Good luck keeping up with, what I'm sure will be, a super fast moving thread full of hobby horses. Looking forward to seeing what's next. Smile

(Insert my own hobby horses here. Wink)
 Jump to: