32 coaches online • Server time: 13:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

How do people like to skill their Adepts? Standard SS/DT path? What about Catch? Since the Assassin can actually Pass pretty well, having a couple of Catchers to run deep seems like it could be quite good.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

SS/DT. Stick to the run game except in desperation. Any of the MV 7 players make adequate ball handlers until you get an AG4 player (other than the assassin, who shouldn't run the ball so he can snipe opposing players).

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

When I played Eshin I took catch and side step on stalkers and played passing game. It worked very well. They were unstoppable when receiving.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2015 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked some similar question by PM to cameronhawkins, who was a really good Eshin Coach. He hasn't been seen in weeks but I guess he won't mind me sharing his advice:

My question was that with the adepts being so squishy (and therefore likely only to get 1 skill) what was the thinking behind side-step before diving tackle as a first skill?

His answer:
----------------------------------------------
1) Eshin are very fragile. If you have side-steppers on the LOS, you will minimize your opponent's ability to push your rats along the LOS, where they can be blocked.
2) Positioning, in general, is very important for Eshin. For example, when attempting a 2-turn drive, you will need to cage a catcher against the sideline. When defending against players with Frenzy or Tentacles (or both!) it's very important to control where you opponent can mark you.
3) In general, Side-Step is a better first choice for a player trying to mark the ball. For example, consider that you have the opposing ball-carrier (AG3) marked with a Diving Tackle rat. The opponent will blitz off this rat before moving the ball. But–- if they're playing well–– they'll probably still blitz off the rat even if he doesn't have Diving Tackle. Side-Step allows you to maintain that threat.
4) With the absence of Block and Tackle in Stunty, Side-Step just gets a lot more use.

Now, there are certainly situations where Diving Tackle first is the correct choice. One of the scariest teams I ever faced was a Squig team with DT on every herder, which held every opposing player in contact for a juicy Squig block. However, with Eshin, I'm inclined to prefer a different tack.
---------------------------------------------

I've followed his advice since, ignored catch and had good run with eshin until losing 3 of my last 4 through heavy bash.