29 coaches online • Server time: 13:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there!

My most honorable Order of the Cherry recently got 2 Saurus Skillups!
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=693148

Kenthis2, the S5 Saurus rolled normal, and will very likely take Block. While S5 BT on a non big guy is generally pretty cool (and gives him more SSP because he will become a funny ballcarrier), Block also helps a bit with ballcarrying and lets him do more things otherwise.

CarloPellegati also rolled normals, and here it is a tossup between guard, MB, Tackle or Frenzy (team does not have Frenzy yet, and with both an AG4 and a MV9 present it certainly looks like a valid investment).

Or I could give him Fend and put him on permanent LOS duty.

Opinions?
cdassak

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would rule out tackle (you need MB to at least one of your Tacklers btw)
Can't go wrong with either Guard or MB (usually prefer MB to get to 3rd skill faster) but you do lack a surfer / space creator so I'd say take Frenzy

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Deffo block on the St5 one, the other I would go MB personally. it will make it a quicker journey to skill 3.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Block for the St5, MB for the other.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

KenThis2: I would take Block, no doubt. It adds just so much reliability. BT with Str 5 is really good, but the player would still be vulnerable in -2d blocks and would be not as effective as a cagebreaker.
CarloPellegati: I'm not a big fan of Frenzy on saurus as it can screw up positions. Usually I just go with Guard or MB as second skill on a normal roll if I am not in desperate need of Tackle or BreakTackle.
(Frenzy could be fun on a dedicated blitzer)
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I have it nailed down to Block on the S5, and Mighty Blow or Frenzy on the other guy. The thing is, eventually I really want Frenzy, and would be somewhat tempted of taking it on the Wrestle BT Tackle Dodge guy (5SSP away from a skillup) who would normally be a big MB candidate.

I could go Frenzy on either Blodger, but that would leave me without Tackle MB longer, Frenzy on the Guard Sauri would be sub par, and Frenzy on the S5 downright bad.
Kalessin

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You have a skinks with +AG and another with +MA. They both create their own spaces, you don't need frenzy to do that.

St 5: Block, for reliability.
The other one: MB. You already have 3 blockers and lizards tend to dominate the strength game anyway. Another Guard can wait. Frenzy tends to take away reliability, and when you are stronger, a misposition caused by a unfortunate frenzy can create opportunities to your rivals that they would otherwise not enjoy.
delusional

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok 2 sauri with BT, go block. I guess you can't go wrong.

Take Frenzy on Carlo. It will mean more tackles, meaning more blocks. But more importantly it will add diversity to your team, if you need to cage break, crowd surf a player, etc you can.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I concur with mighty blow, although (and i have not played a lot of ranked for years and year) I have found it harder to get games with a lot of it, so getting other skills like frenzy might be better.

PS. My blog has a lot of discussion for lizardmen skills, entirely written for 4.0 and probably irrelevant now, you still might find it somewhat helpful.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Always Block. I tend to go Block/Guard on them all unless they roll doubles (Diving Tackle, then Stand Firm next so you can't just push them away without serious help).

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If you call a player after Carlo and not take damage skills you do not deserve the player. The other guy needs block.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm. Key lime pie.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The St5 saurus is not a ball carrier. Don't even go there. Really. I mean it. Anyway, give him block.

If you can still get games with 4 MB then give that to the other guy. Otherwise either guard or frenzy for sideline surfing fun but frenzy is probably better saved for one of your bt tackle lizards.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

All my Sauri are Ballcarriers, some just more so then others.

The naming convention in the team is that the team started named after Cherrypickers (like me), and anyone who is killed is replaced by the coach that killed the player. Special regards to Jan-Erik who managed to murder his own minime!
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Picked Block and Frenzy in the end!
 Jump to: