52 coaches online • Server time: 13:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My team right now

So... right now I only have a +St, Block Saurus, as the only other that had skilled up (Block) was one of the 3 Saurus deaths I'm still recovering from.
I'm pretty new to BB, and the only thing I know is that I should get Block in every one of them, the rest is pretty hazy.

What I was thinking about was giving Guard and probably Break Tackle to the +St, if he lives that long, Block + POMB for another one and for the other 4 I don't have any idea what to do with them.
For a balanced team I was thinking about 2 with Tackle, but as the league has very few teams that rely on Dodge I don't know if it's worth the investment.
And other than that, Block-Guard-Stand Firm looked like a good idea for the ones on the LoS with the Krox.

Like the quote says, "No plan survives first contact with the enemy", and from what I've read here it should be "No skill planning survives dice rolls", and I'd have to adjust depending on if I get some interesting stat-ups, but I like to have some planning about the kind of direction I want my team heading for.

If what I want to do with the Skinks has any weight on my choices, I plan to have one with Diving Tackle, Wrestle, Jump Up, and for the others probably Block, Sure Hands and Sure Feet (tho I'd need 2 doubles for that and I'll probably have to spread the tasks a bit more evenly).
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6LizardmanSurvey

home screen. help icon.

Racial Strategy and tips

all races there. and tips for them all Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've read that, it's great for a general idea on the most picked skills, but not so much on specific builds and what they're good for.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You need tackle. Remember the halfling and goblin players will be better coaches. You'll be handicapping yourself by not taking it. In fact I'd say it's a bit of a priority. There's plenty of Slann and DE teams as well.

A lot of the Lizard boys like a tackle/break tackle player.....I'm a block first ask questions later type of guy myself on any of these unskilled ST4 players.

AV8 AG1 is horrible. Try not to put any spp on that guy and cut him asap. As it's an open schedule league, I'd keep him until you can replace him though.

ST4 guy, I'd go break tackle before guard. He can be your mobile blitzer and a ball carrier if the ball is kicked out on kick off.

edit: ST4 = ST5 guy.

Last edited by harvestmouse on Oct 04, 2015 - 14:15; edited 1 time in total
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

My strategy is Block/Guard on all of 'em, Diving Tackle on doubles (who then get Stand Firm so they don't get pushed around while doing their job). One gets Frenzy to blitz/clear the path. I am one of the few if any who give +AG if rolled, on the off chance they manage to roll another.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, planning builds ahead of time is kind of an exercise in wishful thinking.

That said, Lizards are pretty easy in general.

Skinks pray for doubles of stats, else at 31spp and 3 regular skills you start thinking about firing them, because after side step and diving tackle there really isn't anything else that makes them good.

Sauri are great to start with block, then you alternate guard and mighty blow, and then you want tackle and break tackle mixed in. Doubles are good as well for diving tackle (I take it less than dodge since my skinks always have it), dodge, and even side step can be funky.

An AG2 sauri can make a good ball carrier too, but it's entirely reasonable to skip it if you prefer to use use the skinks.

Also don't forget about adding frenzy somewhere at some point, and as others noted, depending on what matchups you expect you can prioritize tackle over MB and guard, but it's really nice to have a break tackle guy early too.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a good lizardmen guide http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/Lizardmen.pdf

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow first on all the big lizards. They'll skill up so much faster. After that block. Then you want two with tackle/bt, the others with guard. And if you ever get past that then you start looking at frenzy (or grab) and piling on. At least that is my approach at the moment. First double on a saurus is normally dodge because block/dodge/stand firm/guard is a great combination.

Skinks are always sidestep then diving tackle unless they roll doubles or stats. Personally I prefer a wrestle skink or two before I take a block skink because they make for excellent sweepers when the big lizards can't get there.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

That's in a fixed league, and a perpetual league. He's in an open league where teams can refuse to play him, and it's a one off season.

Winning games now is what is most important rather than building a future.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I go Block first on all but one who who goes Tackle first.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2015 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, what an avalanche of advice! Thanks everyone!

I'm about to start reading the playbook. I've also got DrDiscoStu's blog posts about Lizards, and I'm really liking the way he writes his thought process.

Harvestmouse, you're absolutely right, that -AV Saurus is going to go ASAP, but I've had some roadbumps in my team's developement, my next match will be the first since my 2nd in which I have all 6 sauruses, so I need to save for a bit to have some spare cash before firing him. He'll do for now.
Also, I forgot the halfling/goblin teams, thanks for reminding me.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The important thing is learning how to score with Sauri.
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mightypeon wrote:
The important thing is learning how to score with Sauri.

Scoring is easy... getting them to pick up the ball is the issue.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The most important thing is learning that the plural of Saurus is Saurus Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2015 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if there was an official way to call them, kept going back and forth between sauruses and saurii Razz
 Jump to: