27 coaches online • Server time: 08:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Min0s

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, I'm playing my lizardmen team on the official league in Blood Bowl 2 and I have been lucky enough to get 3 doubles on my Kroxigor.
Obviously I have taken Block with the first then I chose pro for the 2nd to reduce the Bone Head risk.
Now that I get a third double I am a bit puzzled about what to take :
- I could take dodge but I don't really see the advantage because it will only be useful defensively and i don't have that much situation where it could be used. Moreover, I'm getting around 1700 Tv and soon there will be tackle everywhere.
- I could take Guard which is what I planned to take on a single roll because I can feel the need to have it on the frontline (my two other saurii on the front already have it), but I'm kind of wasting my double...
- I could take Stand Firm for the same reason than above but I still think that Guard is better first and think of saving it for next skill

Other possibilities such as BT or tackle aren't really interesting in my opinion.

Overall I'm more into choosing Guard but I'd hate sacrificing a double without being sure, that's why i ask your opinion on the matter Wink
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't see the advantage to a ST5 Blodge Krox?
Next skill Stand Firm, and he becomes a nightmare to get away from.
Add guard after, and he'll control positioning in a lot of games.

Hell Dodge + ST5 + Break Tackle

Heck, take Side-Step and completely ignore the need for Stand Firm
AdyBrooke

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy Very Happy
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2015 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle is nice with prehensile tail

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a boner for your krox.

Dodge is my choice.
Min0s

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

5 answers and 5 different choices ^^
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well to make it easier for you, I am always right and would take Leader before Block.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What jimmy said.

Other than that dodge helps him stay up and also cage break.
Tackle or diving tackle keeps people from getting away from him

Those are the best choices
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle, better than tentacles on a big guy with a tail. Stand Firm next.

Also Dodge because making them hit you with tackle means there's one less on your Skinks, and big guy blodgers do tend to stay up and mobile. Stand Firm again, next.

Also Tackle because there's blodgers everywhere at 170 too, and it meshes well with the tail. Here I'd go Break Tackle, to better position him and blitz the soft targets.

Also Frenzy because you have Block and Pro so it's very safe. Piling On becomes a must.

Want some more answers? There's no best choice, it depends what you want to do with him.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle + Prehensile tail is a really solid combo, but you say it doesn't really suit you...

Jimmy's suggestion sounds pretty amazing and useful to unbloat your team's TV, strategically, it's probably the best choice.

Buuuut... I'd go with the hilarious pick and get Shadowing. A MV6 ST5 Prehensile Tail Shadowing Krox sounds like hell for any opponent.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge
Diving Tackle
Leader
Tackle

Roll a 4-sider? Or just take dodge. Yes the league will have tacklers, they will be hunting your skinks. If they use it to try and knock down your AV9 thick skull, he's doing his job well.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends a bit on what skills your Sauri (this is the correct plural) have.

If you have a tackle/MB/break tackle Saurus then you don't need to build the Krox that way and can use him as more of a road block, in which case you could just skip it for stand firm, though honestly, dodge is just so great on big guys if you give them break tackle (though I'm not sure cyanide handles this the same way as FUMBBL) and stand firm.

They don't go down, and they save rerolls (which is huge for BGs) when they do try something funky.
Gartch

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is also useful for mobility with break tackle

I think I would go for dodge or diving tackle (DT+Stand firm is also a deadly combo)
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2015 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle is pretty underrated, it is great synergy with prehensile tail and now he has block he will be hitting a lot. But my choice is still dodge. Aside from guard and stand firm (which should be next on your list) synergy, dodge will keep him alive for longer, and he has block and pro so that's definitely a good thing!

These are really the only options imo. Do not take frenzy or guard. Leader is a joke.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: