39 coaches online • Server time: 10:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Christer wrote:
A failed blood lust roll changes the action to a move action (losing the original action for the turn), and a hand-off can't be done.

You can still Block after a failed BL, I'm pretty sure? I don't play vamps much but seem to remember doing this. The OP said he still Blitzed. I thought the failed BL cancelled the action and allowed you to pick a new one, but you still had all the choices?

Another situation: A failed BL vamp chain-pushes the BC into the endzone. TD or not?

I'm not implying the client does these incorrectly. I don't know the answer from a CRP or client point of view. I should probably jump on the test client later Razz

Yes and no, i would say you do not get the touchdown in your turn, but of course then as it is possible to score in your opponents turn you do so, and automatically lose your next turn to accommodate this.

that's how i would interpret it

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

you can either finish your action and bite (or not), or change to a move action to approach a thrall. You can pass/hand-off before biting, and smart vamp coaches select a pass/hand-off action when they approach the end zone in case BL goes wrong, so that they can give the ball to another possible scorer before biting.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

But you can bite a thrall if hes in the tackle zone, then the vamp scores, I think I have done this once.

A chain-push with the bloodlust, on a ball carrier to the end zone, is a touchdown, since it happens before the bloodlust ends, like when blitzing a sidestepper into the endzone.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 22:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

A vampire has bloodlust. It needs to feed. You send him running towards the End Zone anyway. As he nears the zone he finds himself running straight at the crowd. He sees the crowd, he hungers for the crowd. Just before crossing the line he frees himself from the ball in order to grasp at the throat of the victim in the crowd. Momentum means the ball drops in the End Zone. No touch down is scored.

Fluffwise it works. Mechanics-wise it's part of being a vampire coach that you must deal with it.

Much more frustrating is the end team turn bug.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2015 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree the rule should be changed. The old client the site allowed it as a difference in the rules.

Regarding what you can and can't do after a failed BL. Remember that this has changed dramatically in the last few rule changes. Before it was impossible to do anything bar feed. So that's why it's become so complex. It's not the failed TD that's made it complex, but that you can do so much else.

Still the rules are clear on it, so you know......theorywise yeah worth discussing. Situational, it's your fault for missing it. Easy to do though.

MattDakka wrote:

About the rugby TD: Blood Bowl is a parody of American Football (the BB box says "the game of fantasy football") so the rules for American Football TD should be applied.
I'm not an expert but afaik in American Football you don't need to be standing up in the End Zone, you just need to cross the End Zone line with the ball to score.

It's a fantasy Football game. Rugby is a football game. American Football's routes is via the RFU 'Rugby Football Union'. Blood Bowl actually plays more like Rugby than American Football, bar the passing forward. The only time the game tried to be definitively American Football was late 2nd edition, and that was a huge huge failure. Basically, it was ignored.

Also remember, teams aren't meant to be equal. I know this is a pet bugbear of yours, but that's how it is.

Still bottom line is, I liked that the old client allowed it and think it should be allowed. I remember one or two of the hardcore lrb 4 Vamp coaches though refusing to score on a failed ofab, unless they had the thrall there.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Here you go, a simple video explanation of the Blood Lust rule in effect while trying to score. Class adjourned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU_Dk6aRfUQ

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Here you go, a simple video explanation of the Blood Lust rule in effect while trying to score. Class adjourned.

yup, this sums it up, the idiocy of glorylust

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

Awesome. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If you could score with Blood lust in that way it is not a negative skill you can not score without re-rolling for Wild animal Bonehead or Really Stupid Blood lust should be the same.
Indeed it is less of a problem than the others anyway as you can still score with a thrall in the right place.
Try not to think of real sports here I have yet to see a Vampire playing American Football!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to see that in real time : the vampire is thirsty, the only things that matter to him is drinking blood. So if at the end of his move there is no thrall near (i.e. the vampire go to a thrall to drink) it is treated as if the move have never exists and the vampire go to the crowd to drink...
RollingDice

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok this does make sense and I have learnt my lesson now and am far more considerate with my thrall placement now. Thank you everyone for your responses, it was interesting to see what opinion people had in relation to this topic Very Happy
happygrue

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

RollingDice wrote:
I have learnt my lesson now and am far more considerate with my thrall placement now.

Spoken like a true vampire coach. Wink

I say this to myself every few games!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

in baseball, if you catch the ball, it is an out.

however, if the ball goes into your glove but then bounces out...that is not an out. Same with tagging a base/runner.

A vamp crossing the endzone, not stopping, but immediately going into the crowd to bite has been ruled not a TD by the bloodbowl rules commission.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Also remember, teams aren't meant to be equal. I know this is a pet bugbear of yours, but that's how it is.

Allowing a Vampire to score even when failing a Blood Lust wouldn't suddenly make Vampires a tier 1 team.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2015 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Allowing a Vampire to score even when failing a Blood Lust wouldn't suddenly make Vampires a tier 1 team.

It would make them a fair bit better though. The fact they could take off running like an Elf team with the lone Vamp downfield and know if they do not have food nearby they can still score. A well coached Vampire team in the 180 TV range is a scary sight and often times winning is basically sitting back and hoping they fail. Eventually they always do....right?
 Jump to: