36 coaches online • Server time: 13:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Season I, Day 10

Current membership: 18

Racial identities: 9 Dark Elves, 3 Wood Elves, 3 High Elves, 3 Pro Elves

E.L.F. games played: 53

Races played:

8x Chaos
7x Skaven
5x Undead
4x Orcs
3x Dwarf
3x Khemri
3x Lizardmen
3x Necromantic
3x Nurgle's Rotters
3x Ogre
2x Chaos Dwarf
2x Halfling
2x Human
2x Norse
1x Amazon
1x Chaos Pact
1x Goblin

This means the most commonly played race is...CHAOS!!! Don't tell me about how elves will never face them, because all E.L.F. members are given the option to play whichever race they desire for points...and more have CHOSEN to play chaos than any other! Multiple dwarves, khemri, nurgles, orcs, chaos dwarves, even ogres--the classic "basher" teams, yet we're showing them the elven way of bloodbowl! Sure, we don't win every game, but that's not what the group is about. We're on a mission to spread elfdom far and wide, to let some teams play elves who otherwise never would in open format...and in that, I think we've been a resounding success to this point!

I'm very proud of all members for stepping up and playing vs a variety of opponents, and I hope you're finding you can have fun in these types of games as well as in classic elf v elf matchups.

If anybody has any questions regarding the E.L.F., whether to join the group or simply wanting to learn more about it, click here, or send me a PM.

Again, congratulations!

Last edited by AFK_Eagle on Jan 20, 2005 - 22:10; edited 2 times in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Low level chaos are probably the easiest team for the pointy eared pansies to beat Wink

If they're still playing at TR 200+ then muchos respectos.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2005 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Season I, Day 20

Current Membership: 20 (+1 Retired team)

Racial Identities: 11 Dark Elves, 4 High Elves, 3 Wood Elves and 2 Pro Elves

Last 10 Days
E.L.F. Games Played: 58

Races Played:

8x Lizardmen
6x Chaos
5x Chaos Dwarves
5x Humans
4x Khemri
4x Skaven
3x Amazons
3x Dwarves
3x Ogres
3x Orcs
3x Undead
2x Halfling
2x Necromantic
2x Norse
2x Vampire
1x Goblin
1x Nurgle
1x Old World

----------------------------------------------

Season I to Date: 111

Races Played:

14x Chaos
11x Lizardmen
11x Skaven
8x Undead
7x Chaos Dwarves
7x Human
7x Khemri
7x Orcs
6x Dwarves
6x Ogres
5x Necromantic
4x Amazon
4x Halfling
4x Norse
4x Nurgle
2x Goblins
2x Vampires
1x Chaos Pact
1x Old World

Don't tell me elves refuse to play vs the "bashy" teams!

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Season I, Day 31 (Halfway Point)

Current Membership: 22 (+1 Retired)

Racial Identities: 11 Dark Elf, 4 High Elf, 4 Wood Elf, 3 Pro Elf

Last 10 Days: 36 Games
Season I Total: 149 Games

We've slowed down a bit, but I think that's as teams become more careful in choosing whom to play. Yes, we play all races, but that doesn't mean we blindly play whomever of every race. We're brave; not stupid. Sure, brave for an elf might still appear cowardly to a Kaos coach, but each to his own. Kaos likely wouldn't even know what an elf looked like were it not for groups of coaches like this.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

TEMPORARY THREAD HI-JACK

Theres a new competition out there at the moment called Stable

Its basically a competition where a group of 4 coachs group together and have matches against the 4 coaches of another stable ,

The Reason for this temporary Hi-Jack Is that I want to create a stable and I need 3 other coaches to join me in an Elf Stable , which will consist of 1 team from each of the ELF Races, it will be tough going against some bashy Stables so I need some good elf coaches who know how to roll with the punches .

If your interested PM Me

TEMPORARY THREAD HI-JACK OVER
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Returning the thread to where it belongs... Wink

With two weeks left to go in the inaugural season, games have started to pick up the pace again! Many basher teams have faced elves which otherwise might never have w/o the league. Then again, they might, but I think the league has been a terrific success in proving to the BB world at large that not all elves are afraid to take on non-elves.

We are still recruiting, with currently 23 active (and 3 retired, to be dropped once next season begins) members, broken down to 8 Dark, 6 High, 5 Pro and 4 Wood elf teams. Yes, the score for the leaders looks quite daunting to try to overcome in just two short weeks, but come one, come all! You'll be a part of the league right-away for season II to start immediately following the completion of season I!

For current league members, I will soon be sending out a questionaire via PM for potential rule changes which I want a vote for. Yes, the group is diplomatic--already several issues have been decided by majority vote from group members, rather than the group staff making an arbitrary decision. YOU get to help decide which way the E.L.F. will lead in the future.

And before I get more PM's from chaos coaches telling me how pathetic the group is, or that we're not facing "true basher" high-TR killer teams, lemme say this:

TALK TO THE HAND, BABY!!! CAUSE I AIN'T LISTENING!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

One quarter of the way through Season II, and the E.L.F. is still proving that elves can and will play non-elves! Sure, compared to the sheer volume of games out there our small contribution may not seem like much. But every little bit helps, and we're slowly making a name for ourselves--I've even heard our group mentioned in casual chat for all to see, so whether basher coaches are laughing at us or taking us seriously, they at least have heard of us. And that's a start!

After allowing for more teams per coach for our second season and a very successful recruiting drive, we are now up to a record 38 members, including 12 Dark, 5 Pro, 11 High and 10 Wood Elf teams. Not all have played E.L.F. games for credit yet, but I'm sure they're just dying to start!

Since the creation of the E.L.F. a little over 3 months ago, we have played a total of 350 games vs non-elves, and not all humans/skaven. In fact, the most popular race for E.L.F. members to face is orcs, with 36 games played thus far. Throw in 31 games vs Chaos, 21 vs Khemri, 20 Chaos Dwarves, 18 Dwarves and 11 Ogres, and I'd say we've played our fair share of the brutes. Only 2 games vs EMU teams, thanks to them cancelling their season 5, but now that their season 6 has commenced we already have a couple EMU games under our collective belt. In addition, 5 members of the Kaos clans have been blessed by playing vs elves.

How many of these games would have occurred were it not for the existence of the E.L.F.? Impossible to say, but now we have a little proof to dispute the theory that all elves are cowards. Bring it on! There's no race too scary for us to dodge around!

Jump to: