37 coaches online • Server time: 18:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care...this is BLOOD BOWL!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Oh cmon Duke, you know there's a hint of truth in what I say especially if you analogize it to relationships. Nobody likes a selfish lover except themselves.

Actually, there was this one girl I was dating...

Oh you rascally fellow!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Box could use a little variety at high tv. Midlow is really nice and fun. It's weird because i don't think clawpomb spam is really that good for winning... I think it's a chain reaction. I need to protect from clawpombers, go clawpomb! Better still, go regen clawpomb! Then you see 2k+ teams with 0 tackles. I wonder is high-tv box really about winning or is it about bashing?

it's about killin things.

one can win with elfs in high TV boxland, but every few games you get unluckly and yr team gets destroyed, and then you are 30+ games, 1300 TV, and still getting matched vs the monster killers, because stupid 30+ game matching rules.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: would a Blackbox/Random Match Making environment with Resurrectionrules please more people? I am just curious because that concept seems to work well for tabletop tournaments.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It wouldn't please me, although I could be in the minority.

I much prefer the challenge of team building in the box. I'm also a fan of the TV mismatched games the scheduler provides.

I wish high TV box had more variety, and I applaud those that have actively contributed to it. They show courage and fortitude every time they activate.

Join the Human League Premiership!
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

High TV is like it is because CPOMB allows your team to survive longer at high TV. The biggest hurts a team suffers is when they get outnumbered and the fouls and piling on become less costly, and it's really unlikely to get outnumbered like that when you're loaded up with CPOMB.

It doesn't hurt that Chaos, Nurg, and Chorf are all tough teams to start with. Underworld aren't half as likely to stay around. Maybe Claw should work like Chainsaw and when the Claw player is blocked down they are also AV 7. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Question: would a Blackbox/Random Match Making environment with Resurrectionrules please more people? I am just curious because that concept seems to work well for tabletop tournaments.

Like everyone could have exactly 1 team in the box which is protected against development and injuries, and everybody can choose any team lets say between 1500-2000 TV?
I think one improtant reason why bbox thrives is because people absolutely need to create new and new teams again and again. So spamming such option would derail the boon. On the other hand having 1 team per coach could enhance variety at the high TV range.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a Res NAF TT style division that used record as matching would be unbelievably good.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 14:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:

In my opinion: Not a chance. Long-term, it becomes really boring to play the same unchanging team in a "league" environment. Win rating / CR isn't even nearly enough to keep up interest.

Tournaments are very different as they are limited in the number of games you play and there's a trophy at the end to fight for.

Mind you, a set of tournaments running in resurrection mode would very likely be popular but that's more suitable to the League division and not Blackbox.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
mekutata wrote:

In my opinion: Not a chance. Long-term, it becomes really boring to play the same unchanging team in a "league" environment. Win rating / CR isn't even nearly enough to keep up interest.

Tournaments are very different as they are limited in the number of games you play and there's a trophy at the end to fight for.

Mind you, a set of tournaments running in resurrection mode would very likely be popular but that's more suitable to the League division and not Blackbox.

Well if it added something extra, I think it could have more appeal, but yes limited.

I think we should be thinking more out of the box for events. It's become too tournament orientated. I'd like to see more one of events.

We could run something like a resurrection day with a theme, and competition based if you like. Something like where you get 2 certain mercenaries. So plays around with rosters or some such. To make things more interesting than the usual fair. Obviously anything like this is coding you'd have to do though.

But more one day events yes (totally off topic I know).
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think we should be thinking more out of the box for events. It's become too tournament orientated. I'd like to see more one of events.

{snip}

But more one day events yes (totally off topic I know).

Actually it's not off topic in the broadest sense of adding variety to the box. If you can't get variety in team builds, get variety in events. In terms of minimising the coding needed it could be as simple as using some of the existing game options already developed (yes, I may be using the term simple incorrectly here).

I'd like to see the running the proposed PO nerf for a day (the second half of Christer's black box reforms), or providing a free card to each coach, maybe fouling buffs, or spiked ball days.

These would be interesting potential one off one day events, and no more disruptive for one day than the zombies or staff star player Fumbbl birthday events.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I think one improtant reason why bbox thrives is because people absolutely need to create new and new teams again and again.

It is wildly untrue to suggest that people "absolutely need to create new teams". You can also go the other way and take every team beyond 100 games.

Actually, bghandras, if you would stop gaming the system by remaking your teams all the time - and let some of them go beyond 100 and 200 games - you could help make high-TV box more varied as well. I think you have the coaching skills to do so, but since you're clinging to low TV so tightly, I have my doubts that you can win when you've not stacked the cards. #glovethrown #trashtalk Cool
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2015 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
bghandras wrote:
I think one improtant reason why bbox thrives is because people absolutely need to create new and new teams again and again.

It is wildly untrue to suggest that people "absolutely need to create new teams". You can also go the other way and take every team beyond 100 games.

Actually, bghandras, if you would stop gaming the system by remaking your teams all the time - and let some of them go beyond 100 and 200 games - you would also help make high-TV box more varied as well. I think you have the coaching skills to do so, but since you're clinging to low TV so tightly, I have my doubts, and I think you should man up and to prove yourself. #glovethrown #trashtalk Cool

There really does seem to be two tracks of coach in Box - those who rinse and repeat and those who want to have long lived teams with history and character.

Can't wait till I have 100 games with each team.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2015 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Suggestion how to increase variety at middle and high TV:
- If a player dies, then the coach gets its price back. (Only on death, not on retirement, stat loss, niggle, or such. Also not if it has regeneration, and that works. Also not if apo heals it.)

So people will be encouraged to keep injured players, and there will be easier recovery after brutal matches.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2015 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like that
 Jump to: