58 coaches online • Server time: 19:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Sainthropee wrote:
There is not available the option to custom rosters no? only lrb 6.0 and stunty right?

Not at this time. This will be added at a later date (and it will take a while because I need to do a lot of work on this aspect of the system).
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Roland wrote:
will all admins of a group be able to edit the ruleset?
or just the group founder?

The people who can edit the ruleset are the managers of the ruleset.

Will it be possible to add managers to a ruleset?
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:45
FUMBBL Staff

Roland wrote:
can the existing teams of a league be fixed so that they are also shown as teams created within the league?
I mean "League teams for..." on the coach page.

Teams are grouped by "league" but not by "meta group". It would be problematic to group by meta group as a team can be part of multiple meta groups at the same time.

Once I add support for transferring teams into a league, they will be sorted into the corresponding section automatically.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:46
FUMBBL Staff

Roland wrote:
Will it be possible to add managers to a ruleset?

Christer wrote:
I will probably add this at the same time as the ability to add more managers to a ruleset.
Sainthropee

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Sainthropee wrote:
There is not available the option to custom rosters no? only lrb 6.0 and stunty right?

Not at this time. This will be added at a later date (and it will take a while because I need to do a lot of work on this aspect of the system).

Thanks!!

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret League custom roster leagues soon?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
koadah wrote:
Will we be able to move teams between leagues with different rulesets?

This is a tricky thing. For now, this is not possible (in fact, you can't change league once the team has been created).

I will certainly set up some form of transfer system, but to begin with it will likely only be between leagues using the same ruleset.

The core problem here is that transferring teams between rulesets will cause strange issues, in particular if progression settings change.

That being said, I will likely come up with a system where league owners can enable transfers and simply leave those issues in the hands of them.

Ooh. Interesting.

So if we create a non progression league group at say 1700 max TV , teams that transfer in would be non progression while they remain in the group?

That would be very nice.

I am assuming that tournament options override league group options.

The way I work at the moment teams don't belong to leagues. They just play in whatever event suits them at the time. 145 Club, O[L]C, All Stars, FCME or whatever.

Will this still work (easily) with the new system or would we need to stick to the old system?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 11:57
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
So will leagues & tournaments be able to use different options to the main group?

So, am I right in thinking that teams will eventually be able to move between different groups & rulesets?

Yes, teams will be able to move between leagues at a later date.

The terminology here is a bit confusing, so let me clarify what I mean with the different terms:

Ruleset The custom rules that can be set up by coaches. This is the settings you can change in the /p/ruleset page.
Meta Group This is essentially the new name for groups are they used to function. Meta groups do not have a ruleset connected to them, and you can not create a team into a meta group. Also, teams can be part of multiple meta groups.
League This is what a meta group becomes when a ruleset is connected to it. This allows teams to be created within the context of the league (the new create team link on the group overview). Teams can only be part of a single League.

One slightly confusing part of this is that a league is, by virtue of being a group, also a meta group by design. A team can currently join the meta group (by simply being invited to the group) without being connected to the league itself. Conversely, a team part of the league does not have to be part of the meta group. Ie, if you create a team using the link on the group overview page the team will be part of the league, but will not automatically be part of the meta group (ie, they won't show up on the group members page).

I realize this is confusing and will try to come up with ways to deal with this at some point. For now, I will simply state that this is a technical alpha test of the system to make sure things work at all.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:
It's weird but it still doesn't work. Everything else on the site works fine for me (gamefinder, speccing, playing, etc...), except for that page.

Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox. I use that browser as my primary one, and it certainly works on my end. The current version is 42.0.

Firefox 42.0, Java runtime environment 8.0.66... is there some more plugin needed to make it work?

Either using Firefox or Chrome (and Explorer too, but I rarely use it so it's not so updated) I go from http://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset to http://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset# without any change in the page, and I'm stuck there.

One of the best updates ever so close to me and still so far, makes me go mad! Very Happy
LaxonHrull

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to allow the league commish to award bounties on a player in a league, so that whoever kills that player will get a predefined amount of gold? Teams could pay a bounty to kill your player even. What about an option for the commish to award spot prizes to a team.

Another cool option would be to automatically set the player with the most SPP / Cas / TD etc in the group to have the skill Fan Favourite
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
Christer wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:
It's weird but it still doesn't work. Everything else on the site works fine for me (gamefinder, speccing, playing, etc...), except for that page.

Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox. I use that browser as my primary one, and it certainly works on my end. The current version is 42.0.

Firefox 42.0, Java runtime environment 8.0.66... is there some more plugin needed to make it work?

Either using Firefox or Chrome (and Explorer too, but I rarely use it so it's not so updated) I go from http://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset to http://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset# without any change in the page, and I'm stuck there.

One of the best updates ever so close to me and still so far, makes me go mad! Very Happy

It started working... without any reason!
Christer's magic? Shocked
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 12:14
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
So if we create a non progression league group at say 1700 max TV , teams that transfer in would be non progression while they remain in the group?

Moving a team from a league with progression into a league without should work like that, yes. However, once the team moves out to a league with progression again, all the SPPs (and maybe injuries; don't remember exactly how injuries are applied off of the top of my head) will be retroactively added to the team.

koadah wrote:
I am assuming that tournament options override league group options.

Correct.

koadah wrote:
The way I work at the moment teams don't belong to leagues. They just play in whatever event suits them at the time. 145 Club, O[L]C, All Stars, FCME or whatever.

Will this still work (easily) with the new system or would we need to stick to the old system?

For now, it would not work because the site absolutely requires teams to be part of the same league in order to play games against each-other. At a later date, I will allow leagues to open up external games like this. Most likely, it'll be in stages where the first iteration will require the two leagues to use the same ruleset. Beyond that, there are some issues to solve in terms of dealing with differing client options and a technical problem with handling differing progression settings. We'll see how much I'm able to open up, but it will certainly be possible to play cross-league games if the rulesets are the same as that's an easy thing to do.

Depending on how those "events" are set up, you might be able to use the new system as-is. Assuming the 145 Club is your "main" league, and the other ones are meta groups set up for tournament purposes, it's certainly possible to create the tournament in the meta groups and have teams in the 145 club league play in that tournament. There is no restriction where tournaments must be within the same league as the teams; only that teams must be in the same league. So if that's how those other groups work, it'll be fine.

Note, though, that without the ability to transfer teams into a league (yet), it will be problematic to convert an existing meta group into a league. You'd end up with a confusing setup with two separate sets of teams which can't play against each-other (ie. cross-league).
Tomay

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give this a good old test out and run through soon. If there's a kink, i'll find it.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 12:17
FUMBBL Staff

LaxonHrull wrote:
Would it be possible to allow the league commish to award bounties on a player in a league, so that whoever kills that player will get a predefined amount of gold? Teams could pay a bounty to kill your player even. What about an option for the commish to award spot prizes to a team.

Another cool option would be to automatically set the player with the most SPP / Cas / TD etc in the group to have the skill Fan Favourite

I wouldn't hold my breath on an explicit bounty system. It's not impossible that I will implement something like that at some point, but for the moment there are other things I'd rather focus my dev time on.

Prizes are on my todo list.

Adding (or removing) skills is sort of a prize, and is likely to be part of the prize system.
Christer

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2015 - 12:18
FUMBBL Staff

Tomay wrote:
If there's a kink

Oh, there will be. More than one even.
 Jump to: