55 coaches online • Server time: 11:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the first FUBAR cup?
VTS
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Sons of Brutus
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
American Gladiator
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Battleforgs
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Counting on the Count
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Generic Elves
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Other (ARR)
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Other (HLP)
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Holiday in Gombodia will steal the trophy and go on a holiday
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 36

Reisender

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2016 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

FeARR the Frogs vs Talabheim BanH(LP)ammers will kick it of tomorrow (monaday) 20:00 server time. Banhammers plan to serve some snacks at halftime
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2016 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Harad turned back to the blackboard and drew a sweeping arrow. 'Marv, that's when you loop round and close the circle.'
There was a long silence as the squad of Counting on the Count stared at the web of arrows, crosses and circles that nearly covered the huge blackboard at one end of the old dressing room.
'Umm, coach.' Jake spoke up from the back.
'Yes, Jake.'
'Thing is.' He hesitated then plunged in. 'They're coached by Reseinder. They'll have seen this coming.' There were murmurs of agreement from round the room. 'They will have a counter'.
The murmurs grew louder and an occasional 'yeah' built the noise. Hidden amongst the hubbub another voice was just audible. 'Yeah, and he's better than you.'
Coach Harad whipped round trying to find the offending voice. The room was suddenly quiet, even the vampires were worried about Harad's famous 'hairdyer'. There were rumours that the normally soft spoken coach had once made a troll cry by methods other than asking him to count. Coach Harad was starting to twitch ever so slightly and his eyes reddened.
Quickly trying to avert the crisis another voice spoke. 'We could just, you know, do what we always do.' Dom hazarded from the front bench and all eyes turn to him. 'You know, give it to Outloud.'
Outloud was quietly taping his hands but looked up at the mention of his name. He seemed to consider it for a moment and then spoke 'Yes, I can do it.'
Again the noise level grew 'Yeah!' 'Outloud!' heads nodded and eyes were expectant.
Harad subsided, his shoulders shrugging forwards 'Oh what the hell.' He threw his chalk into the bin. 'Give it to Outloud.' His voice was lost in the shouts and crashes of helmets as the team rose and charged out onto the field of play.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I want me some fubar! Any word on when the helf vs human match will be played?
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they're building the tension to unbearable levels Wink
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
I think they're building the tension to unbearable levels Wink

Rather unbeARRable Very Happy

We count on the Count for the final but the Hacienda Heights Drifters are looking for their 4th win against the ARR elite to secure a Human team in the final.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2016 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be a HLP vs ARR final with DonnyRainboe's Hacienda Heights Drifters representing humanity, and Harads Counting on the Count standing for ARR.

I'd have liked to say it would be my team in the finals, but the Contenders won't be playing at full strenght for some time after meeting the Drifters.

Best of luck to both coaches, and may the best human win!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Timetis wrote:

I'd have liked to say it would be my team in the finals, but the Contenders won't be playing at full strenght for some time after meeting the Drifters.

I didn't drop as far, but with -st on the krox and perms on my best two players after meeting the 'Drifters, I feel your pain.

Now we really ARR counting on the count! Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2016 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The Final is set for tomorrow at 15.00!
HLP vs ARR for the first FUBAR Cup, the end is neARR Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2016 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Count, we are adding up our numbers to rely on you to make the most of it!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2016 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Stonetroll wrote:
Go Count, we are adding up our numbers to rely on you to make the most of it!

I told you, it wouldn't be easy! [/retrothrowback]

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No pressARR HARRad old chap, but we all ARR now Image

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats to Donny the winner of the first FUBAR Cup! A fine win for humanity in a one-sided final.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

All good things must come to an end, sometimes a happy one, sometimes not Smile

Congratulations to Donny, the Drifters and the HLP for their win, we'll come back strongARR!

Big thanks to OL for having this great idea, Big C for letting this happen, EA and Azure for running it and each and every HLP/ARR lover for taking pARRt in the 1st FUBAR Cup.

Was great fun and I hope next yeARR it will be a not-to-miss FUMBBL event Cool

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to the Hacienda Heights Drifters. Taking home the inaugural FUBAR Cup for humanity.

This was a great event, and I'd like to echo cdassak in thanking all those responsible for doing so.

Join the Human League Premiership!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, fun to watch! It was great to have an ARR-HLP showdown at the end, even if I was counting on a different result. Wink

Jump to: