39 coaches online • Server time: 14:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2016 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Explosions are heard across the country side, as the coalition of Goblin Cheaters prepares for their annual carnival of mayhem and destruction. Bring your chainsaws, your bombs, your projectile snotlings. The Exploding Cup is upon us once again!

Applications are now being accepted for rookie [S]tunty teams. The tournament starts Wednesday, the 10th of February.

Please check the Qualifiers page and the Main Tournament page for more details.

Please note, all applicants must apply to the Exploding Cup Qualifiers. Only first and second place teams should be applying to the main tournament page, and only at the end of the qualifying window.

Bring your best, or your worst, do your worst, and may the best win!

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on Aug 12, 2016 - 20:36; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Only a few days left to apply.

Reminder that this is ROOKIE teams. A great opportunity to start a new team and join the Stunty mayhem.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Any word on the prize?
And any chance of a prize for the stunty cup?

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2016 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Any word on the prize?
And any chance of a prize for the stunty cup?

The prize will be another unique player. Deciding that now.

I thought the Stunty Cup prize had been done. If not, I will work on drumming something up. Sorry, these last few months have been a blur.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This year's prize has been unleashed by the Cheaters.

Frenzy Fling
6 3 3 6
Stunty, Dodge, Frenzy, Grab

There is a player who is so mean, even his mother is afraid of him. So crazy, flagellants whisper behind his back. So menacing, stone gargoyles shift out of site. So enraged, charging bulls find something better to do.

He punches, he kicks, he bites, he spikes and he's 3ft 7 inches tall. He is the Frenzy Fling.

Woe be to whomever is graced with this monstrosity...

ImageImage
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

A note to all:

This year's tournament had 56 eligible applicants, which led to 7 brackets. As this will leave one bye for an 8-man bracket, one second place team will be drawn at random to determine who advances to take the final spot.

Additionally, if you win your bracket, or you place second, you must apply to the main tournament, and there are no prep matches between qualifiers and finals. Any team playing prep matches between rounds will be disqualified.

Good luck to all!

ImageImage
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Aw crud, I missed the signups for this. Crud Sad
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2016 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

"Never call me Hobo again. I haven't used that name in years. If you call me by that every again I will gauge out your throat........even if you are my kid sister!"
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a player who is so mean, even his mother is afraid of him.

So crazy, flagellants whisper behind his back.

So menacing, stone gargoyles shift out of site.

So enraged, charging bulls find something better to do.

So berserk the Norse sing of his legend.

Hobo Buttkisins wasn't your usual Halfling kid. Firstly, he was unnaturally thin for a Halfling. Secondly, he had a rather unfortunate name. Thirdly, he didn't live in the Moot like most Halflings but in the industrial Imperial city of Nuln.

Hobo's father ran his business in Nuln and was a firm believer in giving his son the best education possible. Something he wished he had had for himself. Leaving his mother and 2 daughters at home in the Moot he left with his son and enrolled him in the best school his money and position could buy.

Unfortunately for Hobo, his childhood was a miserable one. Teased and bullied about his size, weight, name, looks, class.......you name it, children have a name for it. When it came to the 'butt' of all jokes it was always 'Buttkissins'. Unfortunately for Hobo, his father was too engrossed in his work to see his first born son's misery.

One day at school Hobo's pent up feelings finally boiled over. He was being subjected to a particularly cruel joke about his dirty feet (Halflings pride themselves on having clean, groomed feet) and that his name was hobo because he was a street hobo. "Hobo the hobo horrible foot" "Hobo the hobo horrible foot" the children laughed and shrilled. Even the teachers chuckled at the chant; they didn't have much time for Hobo either. Suddenly with a howl of pure rage Hobo lost it. He picked the biggest and most vile bully and charged at him with the fury of a 500lb testosterone fueled bison. The (soon to have a life changing experience) boy (captain and star blitzer of Nuln's Institute of Tireless Twotlocks (NITT) (Twotlock being a Nuln word for gifted child) look startled and wide eyed at the barely 2 foot tall halfling heading towards him at speed.....extreme speed. At the last minute Hobo launched into the air catching the boy firmly in the mid-drift (ok groin) with his head and sent him flying.

Hobo knew straight away he had done wrong. He also knew straight away he was in trouble. It was like the impact had drained him of his anger. He was in as much shock as everybody else (well maybe not as much as boy riving around in pain on the floor, but you get the point). The part worst wasn't the 5 lashes, or the extra chore duties, but the look on his father's face that night at home, the disappointment etched into his eyes. His father was always physically weary from his work; Hobo knew the last thing he needed was to worry about his son unruliness and failings at school.

Hobo vowed that it would never happen again. He would knuckle down, graft out his education, ignore the bullies and finish school. Hobo was as good as his word, for a whole painful 2 years. However the bullying got worse and worse. After losing himself in a rage that time, he was now known as 'Psycho Hobbit'. A name he couldn't shift or the kids would let drop. Even the teachers didn't call him Hobo anymore. If he put his hand up in class they would say "Is that your hand in the air Psycho? I can't quite see that low." Which was met with laughs, cheers and more jibes from the other students. Hobo just had to grin and bear it, which he did for as long as he could.

Unfortunately, it didn't last. And unfortunately Hobo didn't get off as lightly as the last time. By now Hobo was starting to fatten up and look like a proper halfling. One of his few pleasures in life was to go to the local market and visit old Snorri's Dwarf pig meat pie shop. It's not that Snorri liked Hobo, but unlike everybody else he didn't dislike him. On the way to the shop Hobo's mood was light, he was in for his favourite treat. A trotter and kidney Crumble with bacon fat gravy. However on the way a group of kids from NITT spotted him and started to follow. Lead by the (still but now with a rather higher pitched voice) Under 14s Blood Bowl captain they started the "Psycho Hobbit" chant. The story from 2 years ago was well known in this part of town, and even the people of the market started to laugh along. For Hobo his depression once again set in. What was to be an escape from this teen tyranny was turning into just another horrible day. When Hobo arrived at the pie shop he reached to get his leather money purse. Just as he did this, one boy he hadn't seen was so close kicked out, hitting his hand and sending the money purse flying up into the air and down a gutter into the wastes below. This was more than the poor persecuted Hobo could bear. The raging Bull inside returned with more fury than ever before. Before he knew it, the red mist descended and with a roar he was again launching himself at the boy and then........then he was standing there with a shocked, silent crowd circled around him.

This time it wasn't just a head butt to the groin. There sprawled on the floor were several boys. That wasn't the most disconcerting aspect however. The most disconcerting aspect was the blood.....the amount of blood. Blood on the floor, blood on the boys and blood around his mouth. Unable to bear the staring eyes, Hobo looked at the floor, trying to recollect at what had happened and was immediately startled. There by his foot was part of....an ear! Hobo panicked 'Had he lost an ear?' He quickly checked and found his ears were indeed intact. What had he done? It wasn't his ear lying there, nor was the eyelid a few foot away. One thing Hobo did know was that he was in trouble....a lot of trouble.

As I said earlier he unfortunately didn't get off as lightly as before. The reality is, the poor fellow paid a price worse than death. For as he launched into his furious frenzy a curious by-stander was watching and hatched a plan, a plan he'd been waiting for just the right person. And now was the time to act on that plan. "Son, you can't stay here, they'll lynch you." Said the stranger grabbing Hobo by the wrist and hauling him out of the still shock crowd. For Hobo, it happened so quickly; one minute everybody was staring at him the next a man in a dark hooded cloak had grabbed him and pulled him into an alley. Quickly they ran, it was obvious the man knew the back streets. Down this passageway, along that lane and up that stairway until Hobo had no idea where they were. Just as Hobo was about to bring a halt to this crazy flight the man said "Ok, in here...quick QUICK!" as he unlocked an old door and the slipped into the darkness.

A darkness Hobo would never be released from. The man lit a candle and pulled back his hood. For the first time Hobo could see his face. He was old, but didn't appear old......well his face was old but his eyes were young and a strange golden colour. His teeth too were perfectly white. He could tell from the unsettling grin on the man's face. "You can't go back you know.....if you do, you'll be killed. You know that, don't you Hobo?"

Hobo was shocked that the man knew his name. "Yes, I guess so. But what can I do? Should I go back to the Moot?"

"Of course not stupid boy! That's the first place they'll go looking for you, and look for you they will!"

This was all too much for Hobo and he started to sob, a little at first and then uncontrollably. "Shut up rat!" shouted the man "I mean don't give up little Hobo, we can keep you hidden."

"But where? Where is safe for me?" Wailed Hobo.
"Well.....the city is safe for you, you just have to hide, hide in plain sight!"
"How....where...what....what do you mean?"

The man smiled, not a warm smile, not a nice smile but the smile of a plan that had reached fruition. He went over to a cupboard and pulled out a helmet. It was obviously a very well made helmet........an expensive helmet but a helmet that looked evil in every way. "By wearing this. This Hobo is a Blood Bowl helmet, sized for being like you. By wearing this, using your skills and playing Blood Bowl you can stay in the city hidden from everybody. And by the time they find out who you really are, you will be legendary...untouchable....a Star Player!!"

"Try it on Hobo."

The man reached out with the helmet; Hobo reached out too. He knew he shouldn't, but he did. He knew he shouldn't have touched it, but he did. He knew he shouldn't put it on.........but he did. As he did there was a tingle............and a realisation....no a revelation. All of the anger Hobo felt. To the City, to his father for bringing him here, to his mother for deserting him, to the School, to the city and it's people , to the teachers, to the cruel boys.....to life. It all had clarity. The anger he felt had focus and meaning. He knew why he was angry and he knew how to use it. His anger no longer had to be held back; he had reason and now he knew how to use it. He was released......he was born.

"You my boy are no longer Hobo Butkissins, you are THE FRENZY FLING. You will serve me for 3 years in my Blood Bowl Junior squad. You will also pay me 10% of your annual income until the day the helmet finally consumes your rage or soul. In return you will get to keep your new helmet and your new life as one of the most promising Blood Bowl players to come out of the city."

"Do you understand Frenzy Fling?"
"Yes, I understand. I understand everything now."

And so The Frenzy Fling was born. The old man (who Frenzy Fling learned was called Dugby) was certainly not a good person, but he treated Hobo fairly (mainly as he saw him as his future. Dugby's Junior team were scheduled to play NITT's academy team 3 times each season. After the first game against Dugby's boys with The Frenzy Fling, NITT forfeited every game that followed for the next 3 years......until The Frenzy Fling left junior Blood Bowl and turned professional.

On that day The Frenzy Fling was truly born and his life improved. Overtime he managed to patch up his relationship with his father partly; due to his father's love of Blood Bowl. Finally he could be proud of Hobo. However Hobo wasn't Hobo anymore. He was the Frenzy Fling.......a Halfling living his whole life in a furious frenzy.

Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce you to the Exploding Cup winners prize:

He punches, he kicks, he bites, he spikes and he's 3ft 7 inches tall. He is the THE FRENZY FLING

Azure

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks awesome!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2016 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work Harvestmouse.
Who will be lucky enough to add Frenzy Fling to their roster?

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2016 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!

I have a question about the qualifiers...sorry I didn't understand well the Exploding Cup Qualifiers page.
The extra Mvp is added to the roster after the last game of 4th round is done?

Thanks,
tykoon
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to everyone who won their bracket, and congratulations to the two second-place teams who received a wildcard spot in the finals!

"But, wait, wasn't there 7 qualifiers? Wouldn't that mean that only 1 wildcard team was accepted?"

You're right! Unfortunately, we had to disqualify a team going into the finals for not being ready.

The Official Tournament Rules state that all teams must be "Ready" to be eligible for brackets. While we tend to give a little leeway for teams that are still in post-match, we absolutely will not allow a team that has pending skills.

We do not want to be responsible for the (perfectly reasonable) crapstorm that would ensue when the Tournament Staff starts to pick skills for teams, so we don't do it. Not to mention, it's an administrative task only, and very few of us on the Tournament Staff have that capability.

As such, one team had pending skills, and was disqualified from the tournament. It sucks, particularly after a hard-fought tournament, but "thems the rules!"

On to happier subjects, again, congratulations to all coaches who won their brackets, and congrats to the two second-place coaches who have advanced!

Herders of Malice - Squig Herders, Coached by Bazakastine
Ironkid FC - Chaos Halflings, Coached by dieter_h.
Lawntown Lawnmowers - Gnomes, Coached by Burnalot
Me Stab Plenty - Forest Goblins, Coached by The_Demon
mekmekidimek - Eshin Adepts, Coached by mekitsh
Scale Down - Skinks, Coached by PurpleChest
Smeagul Slashers - Chaos Halflings, Coached by Valen
Stikka - Forest Goblins, Coached by Azure

The finals are live, and the first week deadline is March 16th!

Good luck to all!

ImageImage
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait what? I don't have pending skills, I just forgot to ready.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You aren't one of the teams that I was referring to.

ImageImage
 Jump to: