32 coaches online • Server time: 10:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you like your BloodBowl?
Just the way it is. I LOVE IT, leave it alone.
18%
 18%  [ 30 ]
I love it but it could use some minor tweaking.
60%
 60%  [ 97 ]
I like it but it needs some major changes.
13%
 13%  [ 22 ]
Needs a complete overhaul. Scrap the current ruleset and rewrite it.
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
I don't care as long as I can kill your pixels and shirtcopter as you ragequit.
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 160

NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
NerdBird wrote:
Most of us are aware that a new ruleset will probably be coming out next year for BB. Whether it is a rewrite, complete new batch of rules or tweaking the current rules is still unbeknownst to all of us.

So what are your thoughts?

Didn't you mean:

"Most of us are aware that a new 'BOXED' set will probably be coming out next year for BB." Question

As far as I've read there is NO mention, of any kind, of a new rule-set coming out. Are you confusing their recently announced 'tournament' rule-set as the basis for your speculation of a 'new' rule-set Question I'm only asking because I'm now wondering if I missed something that came out recently on the subject? As I stated, in another thread, I took the tournament rule-set that was announced as just for that one tournament & not as a replacement OR as the base for a new rule-set. Can anyone shed some light on this w/ solid facts Question

In one of the threads someone linked to Twitter a game designer announcing that he is writing the rules for BB's rerelease.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:

I am really interested to hear from someone that thinks the game is fine the way it is and leave it alone. What is your argument to leave it alone? Fear it could be worse? You truly believe it is right where it should be? Just curious.

Since I skimmed through 3 more pages of arguments that I don't care about, I figured I would answer NerdBird's question.

I think the rules are fine how they are and I can't really think of any rules that are that horrible that it ruins my game play experience. Too often the arguments are made by people that want to change rules to fit their own particular play style or to compensate for a weakness in their own game.

The game is unbalanced and that's what makes it great. There is a basic rock, paper, scissors quality to the game and it proves the old adage true, "any given Sunday, any team can beat another."

The problem I see, and I forget who mentioned it above, is that you have a game that is popular on multiple platforms and the official rules aren't adjusted for each platform or type of play. What works in a perpetual league, doesn't work for a short league or tournament. You're using basically the same rulebook to cover vastly different types of play, and limited tools to customize the experience to the audience of the coaches. Outside of table top, you can't really change the game to meet your very specific needs as a league administrator.

Anyway, I'm fine with the rules how they are. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i heard a rumour that they are going to make Skaven gutter runners 3st, but reduce movement to 8. Apparently they are too easy to one turn with, and Cyanide doesn't like this.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyFeyev wrote:

The game is unbalanced and that's what makes it great. There is a basic rock, paper, scissors quality to the game and it proves the old adage true, "any given Sunday, any team can beat another."

lfg. your 1000 TV elfs vs my 2300TV Chaos?

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2016 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote]

lfg. your 1000 TV elfs vs my 2300TV Chaos?[/quote]

I've played those games before. Maybe I just don't care that much or I'm just not good enough to care about my pixels, but I honestly just like playing even though I know I'm going to lose. You never know when Nuffle will smile on you. Plus, kill my 1000TV elves... I'll just make another, and another, and another. And if I kill one of your Chaos, you can just make another, and another, and another. Smile

That is about the only thing I would change about the Cyanide version and the thing I love about the FUMBBL version, you can choose not to play those games in a perpetual league.
tussock

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I heard a rumour they were going to make us buy randomised boosters to get the team positionals, with included unique IDs to allow online play, and then make Nurgle Warriors a rare.

Or I just thought I'd start one to that effect, whichever.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyFeyev wrote:

lfg. your 1000 TV elfs vs my 2300TV Chaos?[/quote]

I've played those games before. Maybe I just don't care that much or I'm just not good enough to care about my pixels, but I honestly just like playing even though I know I'm going to lose. You never know when Nuffle will smile on you. Plus, kill my 1000TV elves... I'll just make another, and another, and another. And if I kill one of your Chaos, you can just make another, and another, and another. Smile

That is about the only thing I would change about the Cyanide version and the thing I love about the FUMBBL version, you can choose not to play those games in a perpetual league.[/quote]

You have mostly new teams. Go invest 100 games or so in a team and then have them completely ruined by a cpomb team and tell me you feel the same. As I said the game is pretty good at low tv. But the game was designed for more and I see no reason why we can't balance it at all TV's.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyFeyev wrote:
NerdBird wrote:

I am really interested to hear from someone that thinks the game is fine the way it is and leave it alone. What is your argument to leave it alone? Fear it could be worse? You truly believe it is right where it should be? Just curious.

Since I skimmed through 3 more pages of arguments that I don't care about, I figured I would answer NerdBird's question.

I think the rules are fine how they are and I can't really think of any rules that are that horrible that it ruins my game play experience. Too often the arguments are made by people that want to change rules to fit their own particular play style or to compensate for a weakness in their own game.

The problem I see, and I forget who mentioned it above, is that you have a game that is popular on multiple platforms and the official rules aren't adjusted for each platform or type of play. What works in a perpetual league, doesn't work for a short league or tournament. You're using basically the same rulebook to cover vastly different types of play, and limited tools to customize the experience to the audience of the coaches. Outside of table top, you can't really change the game to meet your very specific needs as a league administrator.

Anyway, I'm fine with the rules how they are. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

+1

Very well said and I completely agree.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I also agree with JohnnyFeyev. Except for that last bit about "The problem I see...", because I don't see that as a problem. And I have plenty of teams with over 100 games, that have been destroyed by Cpomb, rebuilt, and destroyed again. I still don't see that as a problem either.

None of the things that other people see as problems lessen my enjoyment of the game.

The only problem I see is the constant complaining about it.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

bring on LRBFUMBBL

That's Trailer Park Life.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Nightbird wrote:
NerdBird wrote:
Most of us are aware that a new ruleset will probably be coming out next year for BB. Whether it is a rewrite, complete new batch of rules or tweaking the current rules is still unbeknownst to all of us.

So what are your thoughts?

Didn't you mean:

"Most of us are aware that a new 'BOXED' set will probably be coming out next year for BB." Question

As far as I've read there is NO mention, of any kind, of a new rule-set coming out. Are you confusing their recently announced 'tournament' rule-set as the basis for your speculation of a 'new' rule-set Question I'm only asking because I'm now wondering if I missed something that came out recently on the subject? As I stated, in another thread, I took the tournament rule-set that was announced as just for that one tournament & not as a replacement OR as the base for a new rule-set. Can anyone shed some light on this w/ solid facts Question

In one of the threads someone linked to Twitter a game designer announcing that he is writing the rules for BB's rerelease.

How do we know this wasn't a joke account?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

aw, come on man -- if it was on twitter, it must be true.... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a joke I would make because I've solved the issue of Piling On so elegantly.
Temporis

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Linemen not being Average Joes. Orcs/dwarves having 9 armor...Elves 4 AGI. Dwarves having Block/Tackle, two core skills. They'd have been so much more fun to play with Wrestle. Create a skill group for linemen with the average skills as options.

Guard. This skill removes any fun from a match and do not allow a team to stack it across their linemen.

Reduce "skill player" positionals so teams need to run more than 1 linemen. (Looking at you Orcs on this one)

Reduce benefit to caging. Possibly no more than a -1 penalty to dodge into tackle zones to encourgae ball movement and prevent people from standing still for several turns as they fight back and forth to break the cage/move it forward.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
JohnnyFeyev wrote:

lfg. your 1000 TV elfs vs my 2300TV Chaos?

Tbh, I'd fancy my chances with Morg, Eldril, Hubris, a wiz, an extra rr and about 5 dirty trick cards .. Wink

(although, then again, I haven't seen your Chaos team ..)

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: