45 coaches online • Server time: 11:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The Order of the Snow King 2-0 Sunborn of Sarl

Before its fourth match of the season in the Frozen Sea Conference The Order were nervous.
The omens were not good.
The "Curse of the Shraaaag" had recently been unleashed when Jarl Shraaaag spoke of the unbeatable power of the Graennae Long-Tails. This led them to immediately implode, losing their first game and a couple of players to boot. Learning that Jarl Shraaag had also tipped The Order for victory sent a shudder through the team.

The Order would be taking on the local Norse heroes, the unbeaten Sunborn of Sarl
Due to some excessive violence in their prior matches neither team was able to bring any substitutes to the game and so much would depend on the quality of their armour. And the quality was poor, with six armour breaks in the first seven blocks. The Norse doctor came on to the pitch early to fix up the team's giant furry pet before the Sunborn rallied to sack The Order's ball carrier. The ball was recovered and The Order scored, but not before one of the teams centaurs was badly hurt.

However the ironically named Sunborn were unprepared for the sweltering heat and only six came out for the second half. It wasn't long before the numbers advantage got fully out of hand as both the pet and the Sunborn's star +MA Norseman were carried off to Valhalla.

One skill and the MNG returns as The Order returns to full strength for the final regular season game: a rematch against a celebrated group of Philosophers who caused five cas in a brutal first game of first season.
Arcayn

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there anyone out there that can help me out with a team logo? I'd like a black symbol of Khorne on a red shield or vice versa meaning a red symbol on a black shield. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometime between second half trash-talk between coaches of Winter Sammakko and Sunborn of Sarl exploded and Mage Priest Chichi heard one taunt "I hope your Kroxigor learns how to be more agile!" (Unsure how this was a taunt, but doesn't matter.)

Chichi didn't take this as an insult, but formed a thought experiment: If he adjusted the fine-mechanical servos and added some balancing counterweights... then maybe the Kroxigor could be more agile. Quickly he took notes of some of the other players on the pitch and drew a crude diagram of proper adjustments.

Later, after the 2-0 group stage final match, he took the Mecha-Krox for a test ride and well, what an agile monstrosity it was.

With the victory Winter Sammakko secured the second place in the Frozen Sea division. An unfortunate setback for the monetary situation of the northern Expedition. But perehaps after a few more seasons there is enough money gathered to invest in some more permanent solutions. Unless the great northern portal is found before that...

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcayn wrote:
Is there anyone out there that can help me out with a team logo? I'd like a black symbol of Khorne on a red shield or vice versa meaning a red symbol on a black shield. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Balle2000 has helped many of us with our logo, ask him Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Krox rolled +agi

Haha - predicting powers:d
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am rubber.

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab your rightfully earned winners banners here:
ImageImageImageImageImage
The smaller ones are for the division winners, and the big one should be self-explanatory (they all should, really).

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2016 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

very nice! thank you again for the amazing work
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Some random stats from season 1, finals, welcoming plays and so far in season 2.

2 players have reached Emerging Star level (31+ spp):
Thorleif Gunlaug - Order of the Snow King (35spp)
Chieftain Krig - Ginnungagap Invaders (31spp)

3 teams have yet to lose a game:
Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids (7/2/0)
Clan Microdorf (4/1/0)
Vestligkyst Valkyries (2/1/0)

2 teams have never fouled, but only one of them are still active:
Blizzard Lizardz

The team with the most recorded kills is Graelings Philosophers with 6 kills (9/7/6)

The player with the most turns played without getting spp is Ganga-Hrolf with 133 turns played.

The player with the most blocks and no casualty is Týr Gunnarr with 64 blocks

The team with the worse cas-difference and the most dead players is Sjoktraken Oilers with -18 (3/3/1-13/5/7)

The team with the best cas-difference is Durfang Draugr with 21 (14/9/4-2/3/1)

The team with the best relative TD-difference is Clan Microdorf with scoring 5 TD scored per TD conceded (10-2)

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks you again Balle for your amazing work.
Great stats Shraaaag. Some interesting stuff there.
Very enjoyable league.
Now how to put banners into my team bio?Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to the 'resources' tab on the League page; from there just copy and paste the codes: )
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

grand, thanks

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Only player to surf a tree afaik:

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11060130

Smile
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2016 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Those banners are brilliant. Great work Balle.
And surfing a tree? I have to watch that replay!
Kharon

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2016 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

"Wife! Cancel your plans for tomorrow! We're taking the kids to the match!"
"What match? Blood Bowl? Tomorrow? What silliness is this, man? Have you gone mad?"
"Wouldn't it be great? Doing something with the whole family and all? And besides, it's the Jarl's order. Everybody from the village must be at the match."
"Well, has the Jarl gone mad then? Why is he doing this? Isn't it enough that all the men participate? And isn't the team doing terrible this season?"
"Ah, well. The Storm hasn't won a match this season, they're really struggling. The chief wants a big crowd to encourage the players. And they're playing the half-men of the mountains, the Jarl figures there could be a chance this time. Altough the norsclings haven't lost a match yet, but still. They're small and all.."
"Oh well. I suppose we can go, then. Are the tickets free?"
"Yes. And there will be a party after the game. Celebratory feast if we win, and a celebratory whipping of the coach if we lose."
"Fine, fine. We'll go. But you will hold back with the ale, and it's bed-time for the kids right after the whipping."

Storm vs United Norscling Guild on Thursday, 21:00 bbtime! Undefeated half-men against the un-winning pointy ears! Come and see the slaughter! (Rocks and riot gear sold at the venue.)
 Jump to: