51 coaches online • Server time: 15:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you like your BloodBowl?
Just the way it is. I LOVE IT, leave it alone.
18%
 18%  [ 30 ]
I love it but it could use some minor tweaking.
60%
 60%  [ 97 ]
I like it but it needs some major changes.
13%
 13%  [ 22 ]
Needs a complete overhaul. Scrap the current ruleset and rewrite it.
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
I don't care as long as I can kill your pixels and shirtcopter as you ragequit.
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 160

koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
tmoila wrote:

- Word of the league commish trumps over the rulebook, so in effect perpetual leagues can be house ruled in any way we want. This includes, but is not limited to, enabling/disabling some/all optional rules and telling coaches to jump in the air.

- The problem is that our League Commish, Christer, is not going to introduce house rules, so we need a new official GW ruleset as soon as possible.

Though the new rules could be worse. Wouldn't that be just dandy. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ideas:

Mutations should be actual mutations. I.e. You get Claws, no hands. You get prehensile tail, great -1mv. Two heads, Pro + Bone head + +1 to dodge. Basically you end up with freak players.

I like the idea too of set rosters or limitless reserves. i.e. you can just pick your blitzers/team layout at round 1. So what about rerolls?? Humans could be given 3 rerolls (fixed), while goblins/halflings could be given 5 out of the box. The number would be fixed by race with the more sucky teams getting more?

Skills are undervalued. I reckon rerolls should be allowed to stack on skills. ie Dodge, dodge fails <reroll/dodge> that fails <reroll/team>. Why because if you have an elf with ag4 they get a +1 that they can also reroll. While humans with dodge don't get to use the reroll on the critical move. If the reroll meant you could dodge again suddenly skills are more valuable.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Yes, they could be worse, but a try is better than being stuck with CRP forever.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
koadah wrote:

Yes, they could be worse, but a try is better than being stuck with CRP forever.

Not based on what I've seen from the efforts of any non Fumbbl coach. As much as I hate to admit it, I've become an utter Fumbbl snob and look down on any rule changes that don't take Fumbbl's vast wealth of experience, data and discussion into consideration. That a fanmade version of the game is superior in everything regard bar the social experience of TT, I'd rather go down on a sinking ship of CRP than be bound to a stunted rule set cobbled together by people with no experience playing here.

By the same token, a lot of ideas proposed on Fumbbl would make TT needlessly more complicated for the sake of invoking more opportunity cost decisions. One of the reasons I love BB is I don't usually need the rulebook in front of me to play the game.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently CPOMB is fine. It is only whiners and noobs who think any different.

If 'official' rules are important to you good luck.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Make all skills randomly assigned.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2016 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

they probably should just stop making it a board game and go full computer. Madden football meets Lord of the Rings.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Apparently CPOMB is fine.

Iam going to stick my neck out on this one.

Yes, CMBPO is perfectly fine.

why? what da heck? are you drinking some of Brasky's whiskey? are you in cahouts with the CMBPO crowd?

Some coaches like to talk about meta's, Oh the meta of Blood Bowl.

Iam very old school. I do not mind blood, dead pixels and massive insanity on a Blood Bowl pitch, in fact, I cheer for it. That is what makes the game FUN.

In my hubris my attitude on this subject is make the CPOMB goons pay for their sub optimal team build.

Why wallow in self pity and post endless post on the CPOMB thread about how it must be nerfed beyond belief?

I have the answer.

The majority of coaches do not want to face the fact they have numerous skills and tactics to take the fight to the CPOMB threat BUT refuse to do it!!!!

They want some rules lawyer to come in and change up the rules!!

Yes, I said it!!!

You anti-CMBPO coaches are weak in the knees, putz boys, slackers and elf ball lovers!!!!

Iam going double down!! You guys are a bunch of Ranked Div pickers, game dodging and pixel loving cry babies!!!!!

CMBPO is only a issue in most coaches mind in the R/B divs. Why?

Well, I might get drawn into a R/B major and face a CMBPO abomination!!!!

Oh, well, Iam sorry, if your team is built up not to face that? I, really do pity your dead and SI pixel players. But you do not want to look into the mirror and realize that it is a "you" problem and not a "CMBPO" issue.

What? You want me to pick up the pitch fork in a frenzy rage that your team lost in a R/B major against a CMBPO team? THE INJUSTICE OF A STUPID TEAM BUILD!!!!!

the masses are now roaring in rage

The problems with CRP, IMO, have nothing to do with the "Skills" players and teams can take BUT rather how CRP has totally nerfed and ignored leagues such as FUMMBL in the CRP rule book.

CRP's main and only focus is on TT Blood Bowl and "we" on FUMBBL have been strapped with a sub optimal rule book for "our" league.

The masses are now grumbling

YES!!! FUMBBL needs it own FUMBBL LRB!!!!!

the masses are silent for a moment and realize the brilliance in front of them cannot be denied!!!!

The roar can be hear all over the continent!

Last edited by PainState on Feb 10, 2016 - 03:30; edited 3 times in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
they probably should just stop making it a board game and go full computer. Madden football meets Lord of the Rings.

This is one of the things that I really think a lot of people miss when adding in additional layers of complexity into the game - what is easy for a computer to keep track of differs from what a human can keep track of.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

A Madden version of Blood Bowl if done right would be a beast!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, let's bring back aging
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

lovely fat kid. what's yr point?

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

I can't believe I'm the only person on this site that enjoys player building for the sake of itself.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

I can't believe I'm the only person on this site that enjoys player building for the sake of itself.

oh, so do i. but i think a limited return of aging would help non-clawpomb player building, as there would be fewer monsters eating all the fat juicy hairy children.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2016 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO, CPOMB isnt that much of a problem if we buff Sneaky Git a bit to balanced it out.

and by leaving CPOMB as is and buffing Foul, I don't think we need aging that much. Laughing
 Jump to: