21 coaches online • Server time: 01:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

My 2 pence worth is that we run the league exactly as we did last season with 2 changes. I like the idea of allowing simyan and I'd remove the race limits, let people play what they want but aside from that I'd keep things the same.

We're never going to achieve perfect balance across races and I think that by introducing too many special rules for what teams can and can't take then we're going to add complexity to the league and reduce the player base. There is inherent imbalance in a league like this. We can tinker with it all we like but we're not gonna fix it

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

True - but at the same time we don't want the league to lack variety - if the underdog teams are too weak they lose every game and become un-fun to play (unless you are a little masochistic) - and a lot of people will end up choosing from just elves / dorfs / chaos / pact
jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it depends upon the mindset that people approach the league with. I've run an all underworld goblin + troll team in ranked before and really enjoyed it so when Stanley put out the call for the league I was one of the first to sign up, not expecting to win (or even come close) but because I know it's a fun build that I enjoy using.

While I appreciate there would be a chance that people would only play a certain number of races (the ones you've listed, plus norse and zons maybe), I still think that enough people would approach the league with a "relaxed" mindset about team choice.

It could be easy to say that a lot of rosters are redundant if players can choose race (why take humans when for 10k more a player you can have slann, why take underworld when goblins etc) but I'd prefer to have more people playing the rosters that they want to rather than less people playing and maybe people using a roster they're not keen on.
Squiglet

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You make good points. Certainly my rotters will be sticking around even though I don't like their chances in an even slightly developed league - they are fun to play and watch splatter.

I guess there is a difference in mind set between what you and I seem to have - which is play a team cos it is fun / challenging and the power gaming type that I am worried would dominate the league with mass guard / blodge / PO spam.

Just as I'm sick of playing against Chorf in the Box (even in the limited time I've played there) I'm concerned that the league could become a narrow rage of 'top' teams run by players who want to win and a random smattering of other teams by players who want to play for the sake of the sillyness.

Perhaps I'm being pessimistic, perhaps leagues don't tend to go that way. I would certainly be happy to be wrong.

I am interested to hear what others, such as yourself, with more experience of leagues think would happen to the team spread in the long run if there is not some attempt to balance.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2015 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Some good ideas and thoughts have come up here. Many things have already been discussed.

If we keep the one coach one race motto, then some people might be forced to play certain races and might not want to join. If we remove the race limit, then some races will be not be played and some will be overplayed.

If we try to balance the rosters, we would se more race diversity and both keeping the race limit and removing it would work better. As some have pointed out this would not fix the problem with balance, in a best case scenario the bad races will be a little better and fun to play. Worst case we ruin the basic premise of the league. Any rule changes would be as small as possible.

@Squiglet: What would happen in the future if we did not change the rules, in theory?
My guess would be that elfs and teams with starting skills would rule until the other teams got block and tackle. Bashy teams would get bashy skills and balance things out against the agility teams. But teams with no Strength or agility access would be left behind after a while, block if the best skill in the game and they can get sure hands, tackle, wrestle, pro and stuff so maybe they will be fine/ok.

At the moment I'm leaning towards removing the race limit and not changing the base rules. And have Team value based Divisions.

Personally I'm going to play my high elfs, but removing 2 re rolls to make it more challenging.
Swiss_Guard

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys

I deleted my Khorne Goats by mistake. I use smartphone to remove badly mauled team and didn't saw that I hit a wrong team.

It's possible to join with another team?

Cheers.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2016 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, just join away.

Reminder that everyone that wants to continue playing in season two needs to inform me via PM, or write in this thread:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=27457&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
BLITZ2670

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we Skip ahead? Our group is bogged down a little and I'm waiting for a match, but my opponent is a week or two behind me.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to play your opponents in order in this format, so you cannot skip ahead to your next game. Your opponent are one game behind you and on schedule, so you have to wait for him to play his game (or sunday).
BLITZ2670

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2016 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Got it, thanks.
muaddib68

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a little question , my season 2 results are not the same on my team page and on the league results

ive got 7 games ;3 game win ( 2/ forfeit) and 4 loose on the tournament page on fumbll but on my team ive all my game reported for this season and i got 5 defeat and one victory +1 victory forfeit ..
..what is wrong ??
zhraia

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You won against Filth(ier) Tentacles (and 2 fillers) this season. I forgot to give you 3 points for one filler, so you should have 9 points, can't change it now. You have also not written a report for your game against Hobgobla Raiders (your first game in season 2).
muaddib68

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ok thank you very much zhraia , not bad ..my fault :p..see you in season 3 Wink
jdm

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2016 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Post game in the lineman lounge...

Dee drank deep from her mead while Mezikiah cleaned the mud from his armour before setting to work removing a couple of dents.

"What a game," she said.

Mezikiah shrugged. "I think we were all a bit nervous beforehand and that certainly showed on the pitch."

"Well it was the first time we've played as a professional team", Dee smiled, "we'll improve with a bit more practice. The real thing on a pitch is very different to the amateur street bowl we're used to playing."

Lady Bernadette entered the Lounge, got a drink from the bar and came and joined them.

"Where've you been," asked Mezikiah.

"Oh I was next door checking on the poor Lady Wolf that I took out in the game. Wanted to make sure she was ok."

Dee snorted into her drink. "What are you, some kind of elf? If players take to the pitch, they know the risks. Especially when they're playing the Rat Queens! How many times did the stretcher bearers have to run onto the pitch and remove players we'd knocked out? At least 10."

"12 knocks outs," said Mezikiah, looking up from knocking the last few dents out of his armour. "I was counting."

Dee smiled. "With that type of form in our first game, who knows what the future will hold for the Rat Queens."

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2016 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing their first ever League match the Zombies and Skeletons of Can't kill them.. Join them mindlessly wandered off the pitch, left a little rattled as to why they could not catch up to the beastmen of knightsweats. Yes we did lose 2-0, however the overall impression of the match was positive as true to their name, they claimed the lives of 2 beastmen in the first match who will join our ranks of the undead. With further matches to go and free roster boosts to our squad, it is impossible to say which players will prove to be useful and which will be nothing but rotting carcases wandering the pitch. Special mentions go to Knigthsweats for being a good sport and a fun opponent, the dice that Nuffle provided me with, and Rib the skeletong for completing a pass. That is all for now folks
 Jump to: