52 coaches online • Server time: 16:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I am getting an application blocked for security message when I try and launch the client. "Failed to validate certificate. The application will not be executed."

I have tried deleting the client from Java. I updated java. I removed java and then reinstalled it.

Any ideas? My normal laptop is dead and I forgot the charge cable at work so I am trying to get it loaded on this one. Not too long ago (3 weeks ago) I used this laptop to launch the client so I know it works....

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It may be that your firewall settings have been changed, worth checking to make sure.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe some of the steps in here can help you..was from back when there was launcher issues.

https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1882
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried both of those, still not working. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I had that a while back, those things did not seem to work for me either. In the end I went into configure java and changed some security settings so java stops checking for such certificates when you launch stuff. I would only recommend this if you don't use Java a lot though since it's not recommended for obvious reasons. I only use java for fumbbl so have no worries about doing this.

DLE College 7s
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
I had that a while back, those things did not seem to work for me either. In the end I went into configure java and changed some security settings so java stops checking for such certificates when you launch stuff. I would only recommend this if you don't use Java a lot though since it's not recommended for obvious reasons. I only use java for fumbbl so have no worries about doing this.

That worked! Thanks.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2016 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't suppose you could list the steps used to fix this? I also only use Java for Fumbbl...
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2016 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
Don't suppose you could list the steps used to fix this? I also only use Java for Fumbbl...

I just unchecked all the security options. I think there were 2 in the settings. It worked for me.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2016 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If the date's wrong on your computer, the security certs often don't work.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2016 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The date is correct, but I still can't make it work. There are a lot of security settings, not sure which 2 made it work for NerdBird, but I will keep trying.

Thanks guys.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...it's not looking good. Any other thoughts on a fix here? It only just started happening when I updated Java..before that it worked perfectly...
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2016 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a couple of options about running checks, in the Java advanced menu. I think changing both those to do not check will be what Nerdbird did.