45 coaches online • Server time: 18:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2016 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyFeyev wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:
JohnnyFeyev wrote:
I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS!!! (sorry for the all cap- but Walter Sobchak wouldn't care what you think about it)

What's a shabbo? Confused

I think it's a Jewish holiday. I don't know, it's from Big Lebowski.

Oh, ok - I get it now Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:
Bloodweiser Babes are great for this reason. They assure you will not get any of your guys knocked out.

Terrible phrasing. Even allowing for that, babes are assurances of nothing. They just greatly increase the odds that you get your knocked out guys back after a tough drive. Especially useful if you get 2 goes at it (i.e. an unsuccessful first half defense).
No, that's the math. The superstition is: "if you take an inducement, it will be wasted." Wasted Babes usually mean no KOs.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

if you respond to a pointless thread you will lose your next 3 matches Smile

and LOTS and LOTS of whiskey... oh wait that's not a superstition, that's just regular practice for most coaches on fumbbl
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I do always pick heads but it's more the opposite of a superstition. It's because it's completely irrelevant and so is asking me what to pick. So it's just one fluent movement with the hand.

I'm sure there are lots of people who believe the randomizer isn't random. I know modern Quantum theories state that randomness exists, yet I feel kinda like Einstein does in that regard: God doesn't play dice.
My theory is that there is a misconception about what space is that has resulted in some confusion over how one thing can exist in two places at a time.
The reason for this is mostly that newtonian physics states that every object has a position, velocity, mass, momentum and enery. The thing is.. although that isn't terribly hard to imagine to be true, it is a hell of a claim to begin with. I think any normal persons first reaction to such a claim that didn't know about it would be to say... wait, hold on a minute there: that's an abstraction at best, hardly a law... and the physicist would answer: no, it's a law, it's always true. Only that it isn't, of course.

What I imagine to happen there is this... imagine you have this construction, whereas c is space, the spaces are matter floating around:
cccccc
c ccc
c c c
cccccc
cccccc
cccccc
cccccc
Now the shift happens:
cccccc
cccccc
cccccc
c ccc
c c c
cccccc
cccccc
The space fills out the void above and by doing so creates an identical void below. While this is happening the matter is neither in one place nor the other. But of course if you were to check its position it would have materialize in one place or another.
Call that a superstition if you like.

And although I do not believe in true randomness I do not understand what people mean by 'a fake randomizer impacts their play'. I in fact did never understand what it mattered since well.. for me everything is random what I don't understand, I guess.
There is really no difference.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If I send out the apothecary for a RIP... I always wait a few seconds for the RNG to shake itself clean of the 6's.

Also - if there is an important roll I have to make, but I have a big guy to move... I will move the big guy first to get rid of the 1 that Nuffle has in store for the critical roll.

OH!... and I insult that dead skunk fellating Nuffle every chance I get. It's fun and I'm positive it makes me a better coach.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 06:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

1/9 gets you every time.

And tails never fails.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:
Bloodweiser Babes are great for this reason. They assure you will not get any of your guys knocked out.

Terrible phrasing. Even allowing for that, babes are assurances of nothing. They just greatly increase the odds that you get your knocked out guys back after a tough drive. Especially useful if you get 2 goes at it (i.e. an unsuccessful first half defense).

No, that's the math. The superstition is: "if you take an inducement, it will be wasted." Wasted Babes usually mean no KOs.

Babes do not prevent knockouts. What you mean is; get babes, suffer only casualties.

Even then it is not a superstition I have ever heard.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

DonnyRainboe wrote:
If i play at work Nuffle allows me to make some outrageously lucky play knowing that I have to stay stone faced at my desk and not react.

Hahahahahahaha
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If you check the number of rerolls you have before making an action you will fail it.
For some reason I always found that rerolling a 2D block that is a pushback+skull results in more double skulls than it should.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

A short break from fumbbl means you'll get great dice when you return.
ianuk77

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Always make sure you complain about the dice less than your opponent. Nuffle likes this when picking who to abuse.

Thrown rocks always hit the key player in your planned drive plan.

Not sure if it is superstition, but Ive decided to always click around in the client, or minimise then max or something, before hitting reroll to force the RNG into updating.
ianuk77

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:

This is the truth.

Never ever rely on 'babe' advantage. All injuries rolls at that point go straight to CAS and you wont have a KO all game.
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

One of my favourites is people running up for fouls to make them more effective.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
One of my favourites is people running up for fouls to make them more effective.

A little momentum is always good for a foul!
Prez

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2016 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Its bad practice to use BG's first BUT if you have to do anything with your BG and its unfortunately the first click of the turn, then pretty damn sure they'll fail their BH/RS rolls.

Got to the point now of moving something else first, even just a simple standing up, before I try and move that all important BG!