67 coaches online • Server time: 22:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So how come I'm not in with 7 points in 2nd place? I'll finalise now.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Because only first place teams were guaranteed a spot, and random second place teams would be selected for fillers...which I clearly stated earlier in this thread.

Not to mention, you didn't even apply to the finals in the first place. I had to invite your team to maintain eligibility for a possible wildcard spot.

--j

ImageImage
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Great format and organisation.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Great reading comprehension.

ImageImage
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

So when is the end of the qualifying window? How many hours did I have to apply?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus christ, you are ridiculous.

Qualifiers are over. They were a 4 week window, which is listed on the Group Page, which I have given *multiple* links to.

If you want to look at the raw numbers, finals started the second that I started the bracket, which was shortly after midnight, when I wrapped up the last forfeit. Your match finished on Sunday. If there was *ANY* question that you may be eligible for the finals, *YOU* should have applied. I don't fault anyone for applying if they think they have an opportunity to participate in a final bracket.

In other words, you had 4 days to apply to the finals tournament, and you didn't.

Additionally, I *DID NOT* deny any team who didn't apply to the finals.

So, in closing...

Get over yourself.

--j

ImageImage
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it says you can only apply at the end of the qualifying window. A little bit vague don't you think?

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You were finished with the tournament, weren't you? You played your final match 4 days ago, didn't you? Seemed like you were finished with the Qualifier window, not to mention had plenty of time to apply.

You're arguing an irrelevant point at this stage, as nobody was disqualified for not applying. I made sure that all first & second place teams were invited to the group, so that everyone was properly represented. If you want to continue crying about a completely irrelevant point, be my guest. Frankly, I have much better things to do with my time, than continue this idiotic dialogue.

--j

ImageImage
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I could have qualified (admittedly I would have had to CAS a whole team) but didn't get a chance because the other coach didn't show up.

That is something to actually be sad about.
Jokaero

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats to all who qualified. Well done!

Sad to see that the playing moral was kinda low, at least in my qualifier.
Only 2/4 games wer played in round 3 and only 1/4 was played in round 4. This lead to the fact that a team with 2 forfeit wins qualified.
Maybe the tournament format is not optimal. If you can't win the qualifier anymore there's not really much motivation to play the last round, or is there?
tykoonfranky

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Well it says you can only apply at the end of the qualifying window. A little bit vague don't you think?

Yeah very vague indeed.
So I suppose I am the team who still has a skill to choose before the end of qualifiers window..?
I sent 2 messages to know when should I apply my team and got no answer...

So I can't compete to try to win that fling?
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a good format, granted we had 2 leavers in ours and still managed to be the most played pool I think. I won out on FrankerZ's team in the first round and he was done after that and Nerdbird quit after his first loss because he's well...Nerdbird (WTF do I do with Pygmys?!?).

BLITZ2670 and I played out our last game though we were near the bottom of the barrel and hard up to schedule it, so I'm glad we got that one in at least. (speaking for me at least since my Fae took that one 4-0 Razz)

Last edited by Bluegill87 on Mar 10, 2016 - 18:40; edited 1 time in total
tykoonfranky

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2016 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

tykoonfranky wrote:
Hello!

I have a question about the qualifiers...sorry I didn't understand well the Exploding Cup Qualifiers page.
The extra Mvp is added to the roster after the last game of 4th round is done?

Thanks,
tykoon

Look at the post date of my question... I wasn't ready because with the extra mvp other player could have skilled...
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MVPs should have been applied to the winner's team at the conclusion of the bracket.

It looks like they were not applied, and I'll bring that up with Christer, but *nobody*, across the board, received them. So no team has an advantage that another should have received.

Unfortunately, that's not something that I can fix.

Now, as for skills pending. Official Tournament Rules clearly state(the very first rule) that teams must be in the *READY* phase for acceptance into any official tournament. You should not be holding off on selecting skills for teams due to an error that is unrelated to that particular skill choice.

Unfrotunately, when it comes to participation, this type of format does suffer from "well I have no chance to win, not going to bother" syndrome. This year seems like it may have suffered a little more, but there were some issues where two or three coaches went AWOL from the site after the first round, which skewed the matches later down the road. It really sucks, and I've apologized profusely on behalf of the douchebags who aren't holding up their end of the committment, to those coaches who were drawn against them. It sucks, and I hate seeing it as an administrator. But, the format is solid, and it gives a nice change of pace. This type of format is only used in this tournament, and no other, and I like that this tournament has its own unique footprint on FUMBBL.

--j

ImageImage
tykoonfranky

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2016 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion there is a big difference between being 'ready' to apply a tournament, and playing the qualifier phase before entering the main event.

Again, I posted on this forum to know when would appear the mvp. I sent you a private message to know when to apply in the main event. I was looking in qualifiers page and main event for the same type of link "Apply here"...

I had great fun fighting for first place in the bracket and was thrilled to enter the main event to try to win a major and the nice prize there is to win. It looks like you made the final bracket without giving a look at the forum OR my message and I'm very disappointed. I connect to FUMBBL every day and it wouldn't have taken long to ready my team...

A shame for Exploding Cup IV.
"To win without peril is to triumph without glory"
 Jump to: