25 coaches online • Server time: 10:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdm

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I made quite an elaborate (for me) creation in my notes. It has clickable buttons to open and close certain tabs, some of which contains images, some of which contain tables.

I had it all working well in notes, and the code was only slightly modified from some of Woodstock's example code, but when I pasted it into a blog post it printed a lot of the code rather than using it to create tabs or tables.

Is there something I don't know about adding code to blogs or is it more likely to be my incompetence.

Cheers Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Hi all,

I made quite an elaborate (for me) creation in my notes. It has clickable buttons to open and close certain tabs, some of which contains images, some of which contain tables.

I had it all working well in notes, and the code was only slightly modified from some of Woodstock's example code, but when I pasted it into a blog post it printed a lot of the code rather than using it to create tabs or tables.

Is there something I don't know about adding code to blogs or is it more likely to be my incompetence.

Cheers Smile

Those two options are not mutually exclusive! Laughing

However... I don't know how to answer your question either...
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers Smile

I think I saw that one. There was probably an error somewhere. Copy paste perhaps. Can you put the entire text into [bbcode][/bbcode] brackets and post it here?
edit:
As it turns out you have to work with [code] instead in the forum. It follows different bb-code rules since it wasn't created by Christer.
Or make a note, set it to public and wrap it in [bbcode]

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %30, %2016 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
jdm

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreckage. I can but I warn you it's a whopper

link

Last edited by jdm on %b %30, %2016 - %21:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, perhaps just paste everything into a note and link it then. Razz Now we only see the code that isn't supported by the forum or supported differently.

edit: yeah that works too...
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have never seen toggles in a blog, so my guess is they probably don't work there...
edit: I stand correct they work... lets see...
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to paste it in my blog and it worked fine.
So probably was just a bit of code getting cut off somewhere. Should work. Try again.
jdm

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2016 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Should work. Try again.

Well shoot, whaddaya know. I tried it a couple of times and msut've been cutting off a bit of the code each time. Thank you so much for your help Wreckage.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2016 - 23:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, it's possible to view the bbcode on notes pages by adding an &code=1 suffix to the url.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 02, 2016 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
For the record, it's possible to view the bbcode on notes pages by adding an &code=1 suffix to the url.

Wow, awesome. This just improved my fumbbl experience by about 500%. Now we only need this for Blogs and Team Bios and the world is perfect.
 Jump to: