19 coaches online • Server time: 07:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 Purplegoo.

Playing with the blitzers can be great fun and quite successful too. I started my one and only Slann team with 2 blitzers, 1 catcher (no krox) and 4 rr, tried to skill the blitzers as fast as I could, and added more catchers/blitzers after the first had skilled up. That has worked for me, due to a) being lucky with skill rolls, b) no or few critical losses in the first 10 or so games and c) the team plays in ranked.

Edit: Sorry guys, not sure why, but I completely missed that this thread is 7 pages long. My post refers to what was written on page 1 ...
VonManson

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

So in October I am playing a real life blood bowl tournament. Although on here I am preceding the build with the krox and blitzers at the moment I feel that for a tournament I might need to go catcher heavy as there is a limit to one skill per player and I feel that to do well I will need the ag in this format.

Thoughts between the difference in the long team development and the tournament scene would be great.

Ps this will be my first tournament.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Resurrection tournament? Catchers are really suited to that Wink

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to FUMBBL Oozy.
On your last match v ORcs why did you start your setup with Slaan next to Black Orcs when you were receiving, and then leave them there? That goes back to the advice on not leaving players in contact, especially not deliberately against stronger players. Unless you really want to hold them away from other players which probably wasn't the case then.
In 2nd half t5 where did you not put anybody inbetween the carrier and the opposing Orcs?
Of course it is easy for us to criticise afterwards. There was definitely some good suggestions on a previous page.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it is resurrection. I was leaning towards some catchers as the skill selection variety of the blitzers seems to carry less weight than the ag4 in that format
VonManson

Post   Posted: May 31, 2016 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So another slann game in the bag. This time with a rookie team in the box, but sticking with the two blitzer kroxigor build. Managed a draw against some orcs which I am quite happy about. On paper with 4 black orcs and 3 blockers I just thought I was going to be out skilled and out muscled.

Things that went well

1) I thought my positioning of players was smarter. I was not basing unless it gave me an advantage, I was setting it up to try and spread his players waiting till I had a good shot at his ball carrier.

2) Getting the krox in the right place at the right time. On turn 5 in the first half I managed to nick the corner of his cage and get the krox based up with his ball carrier. Ultimately this lead to his score but he had to bring players out of position to swing at the krox. This meant had something gonewrong with his dice I would have been in a great position to attack his ball carrier. Also it forced him to score as he was out of position I was swarming the area and this gave me two turns to try a score, not easy without the ag4 but it was a chance none the less.

3) Use of leap. I only pressed the dreaded self destruct button when I had to, usually to jump past defenders into his back field or to base up next to someone in traffic.

Things that were not so great

1) Offence is still a bit of a mystery to me. My score was stupidly high risk involving a leap a dodge a block and two go for its all with my ball who then had to sit for a turn on the sideline with a chance for an orc blitz, but I felt I was being squeezed and this was the safest way to get my ball carrier out of there. Luckily nuffle helped me out by letting my dice roll hot for this sequence and his orc failed his dodge roll.

2) Bone head. This happened I think 4/5 times over the course of the game and causes a nightmare hole in the line. Not sure how to mitigate it other than not activate the krox, but sometimes you need his tail in a certain spot.

Anyway enough of my rambling, have a game with the queens pond rangers this afternoon against undead so will be moan my loss as I cannot figure out that damn team ha ha.

Happy leaping all
VonManson

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2016 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all,

So another game and a frustrating loss for the queens pond rangers. I played a chaos pact team with an awesome blodging dark elf. Going into the game I knew that this piece was going to be key to which side won or lost. As such I had made my mind up to get him down and foul him off.

The opportunity to do this never arose during the game however.

Most of the positives and negatives from my previous game apply, I felt the krox was a star as was my strip ball line frog, he is rapidly becoming my favourite player. I think that my control over pitch positioning was good, helped by nuffle of course until the last two turns where I suffered from bone head. Had the chance to break tackle and put my krox on his ball carrier but instead blocked a troll and both fell down. Then on the last turn, desperate to stop his dark elf I focused on getting tackle zones on im by leaping away leaving support players unmarked who then ran in and cleared my blitzers off for the walk in.

I genuinely feel that had I been switched on the game would have been a draw. Take nothing away from subs though he is a great player and often pushed his elf out of trouble like a pro.

Still missing throwing the ball around. sigh. I do get to leap though which is pretty special.
 Jump to: