69 coaches online • Server time: 23:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill for the little legend?
Leap
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Sneaky Git
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Jump Up
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Diving Catch
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Snot Pie
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 31

garyt1

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Little Lord Lucan has finally made it to legend. He rolled a normal so only has a choice of 4 agility skills. Block would have been lovely.
Since becoming superstar I have mainly used him for TTMs, but now he made it to the big time so it would be nice for him to have another string to his bow and maybe let the ogres try and carry occasionally like when the team started out. Slim skill pickings to choose from though.
Jump Up would be cool but he has av4 and stunty. He does occasionally get the chance to get up again..
Retirement is not an option by the way!

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8230879

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm .. yeah, it's not a hugely appealing skill choice Smile . Leap could be useful if he lands next to someone with diving tackle/shadowing (pretty remote), or diving catch could be useful in some situations. Might even give you half a chance with some stunty passing, if you're in a tight spot?

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That is an awesome achievement! Well done that man! Razz

I'd suggest Jump Up. Yeah he may be KOd or worse, but that is true for any snot all the time. He's lasted long enough to make Legend, and move up to 8 from the ground is wicked! Smile

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll never foul with him, and if you do, it'll be cos you want him off the pitch. With +AG & catch you're only getting value out of Diving Catch if your little guy is being marked, and for whatever reason your only option is a passing play.

Leaving Leap & Jump Up. 5/6 at minimum he's being beaten on armour if he goes down. So Jump Up is most likely used when people are getting caught by DT... in which case they would normally punch you, or you're already in an excellent position because of a failed dodge roll.

Leap gives you some options when you have already used your dodge reroll, or when you're facing tacklers, letting you move 2 squares for the same 2+ roll. It also lets you escape DT or a player wall.

I'd go leap.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump Up for if he ever successfully uses DT on the ball, so he can pick it up and hide well away from the scene of the crime surrounded by Ogres. Just make sure he's not blitzable, as you have no doubt done for 103 games thus far.

More importantly, get him Strong Arm on a couple of Ogres. Smile

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Diving Catch, mainly by a process of elimination.

Jump Up - I can see the link with diving tackle but I'd question how often you use diving tackle. If you want the Lord to remain alive then he's not gonna be standing next to players to use DT. Plus I'd guess that if he goes down, he's getting hurt.

Sneaky Git - You're not gonna foul with him unless in the most dire of circumstances.

Leap - He's dodging on a 2+ and even dodging away from a diving tackle on 3+ (assuming I've worked this out correctly). He gets to use the dodge roll on this (unless they have tackle too). Leap is still a 3+ roll but no inbuilt reroll. Sure I can see it being useful when you've used your dodge reroll but I think 2 2+ dodge rolls with a team reroll is very similar odds to a 3+ leap without a team reroll. Same scenario without the team rr.

Diving Catch - makes him a bit more helpful catching a kick off, but I think the real use would be mopping up scattered ball. If there's a nice mess of players and you blitz the ball carrier then Lord L will be catching a stray ball on a 3+ with a reroll even if he's in 2 tackle zones. Seems pretty maj.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think jump up for this beautiful bloaty little monster.

This guy is gonna fall over for a number of reasons (blocked, failed dodge/landing) and yes his av will likely break but remember he will be stunned quite a bit too so he can use jump up then. Also for the odd times when he can use diving tackle he can use jump up too, so overall there are multiple situations per game where it can be used.

All the other choices are even more situational.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The journey is often its own reward, which is probably going to be the case here, because I personally think all the choices are pretty garbage in their own way Sad Shame the little blighter didn't roll doubles or better.

Jump up: Well, it'll give him full movement from the ground, but... Let's face it, he's got -av, and if he ever gets hit on the flush he's off the field most of the time given the World of Wrestling usually float around the mid-high (when not cpombed into the ground) tv box. The -av also makes it much more likely he's rolling for injury when failing a ttm as well. And lastly the synergy with DT isn't as great because you have currently, only 2 snots with DT, both of which are -AV (and therefore, only really likely to have one on the pitch a lot of the time)... which means getting hit and leaving the field.

Sneaky git: might be the fluffiest choice of all time (It's lord lucan! A sneaky git if there ever was one!), but well, you don't foul really. It's a desperation move for the WoW, and it's usually done to get your own players off the pitch. Sneaky git is actually counter-productive for you.

Leap: Mostly pointless, doesn't even give you a better chance of getting through tacklespam for ttm. 3+/2+ (leap and 2+ dodge away) is actually 6% less likely than 2+/2+/2+ (3 dodges) according to elyoukey's action calc if you have a reroll for either action.

Diving Catch: at the moment, Lucan gets the ball on a hand-off and Lucan never relinquishes the ball until he scores or leaves the field on the medic wagon. If you're going to change this and let some ogres carry, it might be handy for a desperation pass attempt, or for a snot to snot pass... But it's really not a great option either.

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Diving Catch - makes him a bit more helpful catching a kick off, but I think the real use would be mopping up scattered ball. If there's a nice mess of players and you blitz the ball carrier then Lord L will be catching a stray ball on a 3+ with a reroll even if he's in 2 tackle zones. Seems pretty maj.

Diving catch doesn't work on bouncing balls, eg. failed pickups, scatters from non-passes that aren't kick-offs, or crowd throw-ins. Otherwise it'd actually be pretty good for mitigating failed pickup attempts (just mark the ball with a DC snot, and attempt to pickup with an ogre, if he fails and it scatters into the snot's TZ, he's got a shot at it).

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

No retire option? Razz

Oscar Wilde
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Some great arguments for particular skills there which others then quickly argue against. No clear favourite. I do foul a bit more on occasions when I have a sneaky git or dirty player option but yeah Lucan probably wouldn't unless he will not be receiving again. Leap could help with diving tackle but as jdm mentions those dodges should be 3+ anyway due to titchy and ag4.
He does get blitzed every so often by the way as the rest of the team often shrinks in numbers around him. Or when he drops the ball.
I think I will go for Jump Up to help him occasionally(!) pull off a legendary recovery play.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Has to be Jump Up in my opinion. Sneaky Git would be a good shout, but I guess there could be times where things are going so badly you want him to leave the field healthy. Sneaky Git could be a thorn in the side in such situations.
jdm

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Diving catch doesn't work on bouncing balls, eg. failed pickups, scatters from non-passes that aren't kick-offs, or crowd throw-ins.

Yep, sorry, you only get the +1 to catch if the Little Lord is the target. You still get to try and catch if the ball goes into an adjacent square though.