46 coaches online • Server time: 20:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SidneyKidney

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if that are any tools akin to BBManager or Ones And Skulls that will work on Fumbbl games? I'm always interested to see how lucky I got in my games.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

There used to be a 'luck-o-meter' that posted each coaches luck on the match reports. But, alas it was wildly debated & eventually removed a looong while ago. Not sure about any current tools.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

you can keep track of every roll made by looking at the console. note down the data, plug them in an excel sheet and BAM! crystal clear stats.

paradocks

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh how I used to hate that old luck-o-meter!!
SidneyKidney

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
you can keep track of every roll made by looking at the console. note down the data, plug them in an excel sheet and BAM! crystal clear stats.

That a little more work than I had in mind so I wondered if there were pre-written tools that already did this job. It doesn't look like that is the case at the moment.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The luck-o-meter used to tell you how "unlucky" you were for failing that Dodge roll that required an 8+ to be successful and how "lucky" your opponent was with all of his 3 Dice Blocks and 2+ rolls with built in Reroll. At least that is how I remember it. I was really drunk at the time.
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
The luck-o-meter used to tell you how "unlucky" you were for failing that Dodge roll that required an 8+ to be successful and how "lucky" your opponent was with all of his 3 Dice Blocks and 2+ rolls with built in Reroll. At least that is how I remember it. I was really drunk at the time.

It factored the success probability afaik, but specially at the beggining of the game luck was skewed due to few rolls. If you failed your first 5 rolls at 6+ it would show a 0% luck, but then if you made the 6th it would go to 50%. It also had trouble measuring success on block rolls, since it counted non-failure as good if I recall correctly, instead of the 3-outcome blocks often are (attacker down - turnover, no-one goes down, deffender down). Of course, there are blocks where a push can be counted as a success, while others need to bring down the player to be successful. Luck tended to even out throughout the game, but of course, hitting that halfdice block double pow after losing the first 5 turns on the firs roll and being 6 players down is little solace.
I do miss the luck-o-meter, look at it in order to avoid taking responsability for poor coaching decisions.

On topic, I'm not aware of any such tool.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You can use

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl/?page=home

but it's just for stats, won't help with dice rolls.

Most fumbblers are past worrying about 'luck', that seems to be more of a cyanide thing for whatever reason.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
There used to be a 'luck-o-meter' that posted each coaches luck on the match reports. But, alas it was wildly debated & eventually removed a looong while ago. Not sure about any current tools.

Not exactly removed. We just switched from Skijunkies to Kalimars client and Kalimar never made a Luck-O-Meter. I'd be in favor of adding an 8-ball in the match reports that randomly shows luck percentages deviating from 50% for both coaches. The further the lower the chance to be displayed.

This way we secure fun conversation and controversy on the forum for the next 8 years and can discuss if it better should be removed.
Timetis

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

I'd be in favor of adding an 8-ball in the match reports that randomly shows luck percentages deviating from 50% for both coaches. The further the lower the chance to be displayed.

Lol. Love this plan: p
licker

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well one and skulls is interesting I suppose, at least it breaks out all the different kinds of rolls into their own categories, but it cannot control for if you faced dodge without tackle, or if you were dodging on 2+ or 3+, or if gfis were in the snow...

It basically is good for just showing the distributions though, so you can find the odd match where there was a lot of skew and realize that you had more 1s than expected.

Still, I don't see a lot of value in actually looking at those numbers. I suppose it makes you feel better if you lost and can 'prove' it was because of the dice, but meh, we all know when we roll that quad skull it was because of the dice Wink
SidneyKidney

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

That's fair enough, I'm just a bit of a geek for stats like that.
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you really want to see how lucky you were, compare the number of rolls each coach made. All of them. The one who attempted more rolls was the luckier coach.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the day I used to keep a large set of stats I would track as the match went on. I did about 50-60 of them and then stopped.

Here is an example of one match. How I recorded the stats.

PainStates stat log

I did have at one point a master compiled stat sheet for all the matches.

I stopped doing this just because it does take time to log the rolls while the match is going on.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2016 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a look at a replay file, all dice rolls have [], so you just need a way to copy and paste the log, then an Excel sheet, job done. Copy and paste is the tricky bit though, any ideas?

Jump to: