22 coaches online • Server time: 04:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Burnalot

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, ok
thought it is vs best opponent

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy
Burnalot

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean the result vs the one below them

Post   Posted: May 26, 2016 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, for a minute there I thought the former champions were tooting their own tuba.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Burnalot

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

no, not with that performace this season
for some reason i thought the tiebreaker would be reasult vs eachother, then results vs the opponent who had the most points after the in the group

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

so, who goes to the playoffs?

there are 3 dives, no? how does that work? or is there 4?

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

4, but is already played(lizards advance), one is decided(chaos pact advance), undead vs wood elfs will be played saturday(if woodies win they go through, otherwise pro elfs), and the last one will be played tomorrow, humans vs slann for the playoff participation. If humans win they go through, otherwise it's the slann

Post   Posted: May 28, 2016 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Storm vs Draugr at 21:00 bbtime tonight!

Special one-time offer from Jarl Rego: tickets at half price, if you bring your own torch, pitchfork or set of Stakes! Rocks and ale sold at the venue! Victory feast (or public flogging of Storm's coach) at the Vinnskor Town Square afterwards.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: May 28, 2016 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Public Flogging it is! Tough hard fought 1-1 draw lets the elves win the championship for Sea of Claws.

The Gods (Clearly on commish Balle's orders) Wink decided to bless the Draugr for this result by giving the scorer of the equalizer increased strength.

DLE College 7s
Kharon

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

...and my scorer got sidestep on a normal roll.

It truly was a tough match, and I'd say the 1-1 was a fair result. First half I chose to recieve and scored on turn 2 in order to start defence with a full squad. Defence went well, and I was able to sack the lone ghoul attempting a desperate run for the td.

Second half I again managed a decent defensive play, but as I was unable to put pressure on the carrier the undead marched in for a slow-but-steady equalizer. My last-ditch OTTD attempt started well, but failure to hand-off sank my dreams of divisional championship. (After the hand-off I still would've needed couple of dodges and a pass&catch.)

In hindsight I can say I made three mistakes that contributed to my loss:
1) hiring and fielding the tree. Due to it rooting and/or getting knocked down by the mummies I effectively played with 10 active players on the field. Without the tree I might have had Wiz, which could've done wonders.

2) not understanding that I was the only one playing with my back against the wall. I hoped that the undead would've opted for a quicker scoring attempt in 2nd half, which would've given me a better chance to sack the carrier or more turns to get in my second td. But as this was the last game of the regular season and the Draugr had no chance to win the division, they had no reason for risky plays.

3) not pressuring the ball carrier enough in the 2nd half. As I lost my ST4 dancer early (by not apoing KO) in the half I also lost my best asset to attack the ball in the midst of all that guard the undead had. But I still should've tried some dodging-leaping-roll 6's or die -type of woodie wonders. With all that AG2 around the ball It might just have bounced and scattered somewhere safe. I still had my tackle-strip balling WD, but chose to protect him instead of truly pushing it for the win.

The last point makes me sad, since normally I'm not too shy to try high risk - high reward - no sense at all -plays, but this time the self-percieved importance of the game made me play too cautiously.

In the end of the season I stand at the second place of my division (or the third if the loathed delfs beat the 'flings), with the second highest TD score of the whole season and a positive cas-record. Not to mention that I have a fully intact team to start the next season. Could've gone a lot worse.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2016 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The 4 coastal champions have been decided, and they will go head to head and fight for a place in the Final.

Remember: The Star Players Union allow the use of star players in all playoff games. Including the Casualty Cup.

Image――――――Image

Winter Sammakko VS Frostheim Ravagers
――― tmoila / Slann ――――――― Zeke73 / Chaos Pact ―

Image―――――Image

Sjoktraken Oilers VS Skeggi Dragonfolk
―― Balle2000 / Elf ――――― jdmickleburgh / Lizardman

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2016 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Kharon wrote:
...and my scorer got sidestep on a normal roll.

It truly was a tough match, and I'd say the 1-1 was a fair result. First half I chose to recieve and scored on turn 2 in order to start defence with a full squad. Defence went well, and I was able to sack the lone ghoul attempting a desperate run for the td.

Second half I again managed a decent defensive play, but as I was unable to put pressure on the carrier the undead marched in for a slow-but-steady equalizer. My last-ditch OTTD attempt started well, but failure to hand-off sank my dreams of divisional championship. (After the hand-off I still would've needed couple of dodges and a pass&catch.)

In hindsight I can say I made three mistakes that contributed to my loss:
1) hiring and fielding the tree. Due to it rooting and/or getting knocked down by the mummies I effectively played with 10 active players on the field. Without the tree I might have had Wiz, which could've done wonders.

2) not understanding that I was the only one playing with my back against the wall. I hoped that the undead would've opted for a quicker scoring attempt in 2nd half, which would've given me a better chance to sack the carrier or more turns to get in my second td. But as this was the last game of the regular season and the Draugr had no chance to win the division, they had no reason for risky plays.

3) not pressuring the ball carrier enough in the 2nd half. As I lost my ST4 dancer early (by not apoing KO) in the half I also lost my best asset to attack the ball in the midst of all that guard the undead had. But I still should've tried some dodging-leaping-roll 6's or die -type of woodie wonders. With all that AG2 around the ball It might just have bounced and scattered somewhere safe. I still had my tackle-strip balling WD, but chose to protect him instead of truly pushing it for the win.

The last point makes me sad, since normally I'm not too shy to try high risk - high reward - no sense at all -plays, but this time the self-percieved importance of the game made me play too cautiously.

In the end of the season I stand at the second place of my division (or the third if the loathed delfs beat the 'flings), with the second highest TD score of the whole season and a positive cas-record. Not to mention that I have a fully intact team to start the next season. Could've gone a lot worse.

Well my incentive was to not finish with a losing record and come top half. Once you stopped me scoring first half that meant my best chance of getting that aim was a draw. Get a draw, stay 2/1/2 for the season and give me half a chance at 3rd. I would not be too hard on yourself with point 3. I think the higher % play once the ST4 WD went down was to make T8 for me as hard as possible knowing that was my plan. The only real problem you could have really done better was the tree. A rookie tree is no real threat to Undead. Even one with just break tackle is far more of a threat.

DLE College 7s
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't believe I only guessed 1 out of 4 finalists this season. Maybe it IS a curse. I should figure out a way to make it work for me.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

More random statistics:
Overall
Order of the Snow King has the most permanent injuries in their team (6, half of the injuries are on av9 players)

Jari Danglemildew Toivonen of Kärsämäki Critters has taken over as the least effective blocker with 77 blocks and no cas

Ferrestial 'Ice Comet' Bluetower of Sjotraken Oilers is the most experienced player among the dead.

Kraka Drak Ash of United Norscling Guild is the hardest hittin player with 16 casualty

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl/saves/liq9ozcozT3s.html

Season 3 group play
Winter Sammakko has the best record of season 3 with 4 wins and 1 draw. The only other team with no losses is Skeggi Dragonfolk with 3 wins and 2 draws. It seems to have been balanced in the top.

On the bottom, with no wins and no draws (and only 4 games played) we find Trollheim Trixters and Iceclaw Terrors II

Frostheim Ravagers has the best casualty difference in season 3, with 13 cas ahead. Note that even if they brought the hurt, the also received it. Of the 8 casualties they received, 7 were SI or worse, while themself only caused 9 SI of worse out of 21.

Winter Sammako had the best TD difference (7), but there were 6 teams with better defense (less TD conceded).

Zephyre Flashwing of the Sjotraken Oilers earned the most spp in season 3 (group play) with 30 spp

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2016 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah! Nice to see Danglemildew Toivonen get another record! Smile
 Jump to: