27 coaches online • Server time: 10:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: Is this tournament for our regular SWL teams? Fringe teams? Or a choice of either?

Oscar Wilde
tussock

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
For the first time since the Gentleman’s Picnic way back in Season 7, SWL’ers will be able to use their league teams to compete in a knockout competition. Yes, that’s right – your SWL teams!

That's your SWL teams, not your SWL Fringe teams, which is a different League.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
I'm struggling to finish my trial of blood.

Ditto. Since you hit the eject button for the Raiders' nice cosy - and safe, did I mention safe? - seat in SWL, I've had absolutely no games at all.

Mind you, by around 8 each night I've got so utterly bored just hanging around that I am usually watching Oakland Raiders vids & throwing the odd irrelevant and totally banal comment into the chat.

(And it won't really bother me if this particular trend continues, as the first few seasons in Reggies will be the Raiders' version of a very protracted Trial of Blood. Let's just say that the learning curve is obviously quite steep, and that expectorations could not be much lower.)

Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I did offer to help your froggers too!

Did you buy the blitzed?

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
DustBunny

Post   Posted: May 27, 2016 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if the pre-draw placeholder numbers are anything to go by, I'd like to extend a hot iron poker to the wizard of Necromanteia for killing my tackler.

In fact I'd like to extend one for each of the following:
Amazon
Highelf
Woodelf
Goblin
Lizards

Semitence

Post   Posted: May 28, 2016 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance of Prem and Conf going up over the weekend so we can get a start on planning and organising games?
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: May 28, 2016 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick shout out to all in the Southern Wastes...

Eucbowl the biggest and bestest Table Top tournament is coming to Burwood RSL, NSW on 2nd & 3rd July 2016!!!

Come be a part of one of the the consistently biggest gatherings of coaches in Oz and NZ! Oz's longest running Resurrection tournament.

RULESET
REGO
AUSBOWL Subforum

We now return you to your regularly scheduled league Smile

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

And, cos I know you all need a good giggle, my Slann won't be playing at EucBowl.

I've decided to power up.

(It's sad, but it's true.)

I'll be playing Goblins.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Power Rankings and Spectating Guide updated.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay informed me about the Bob Borc cup, which seems like a cool idea.

I'm wondering though, is there an official ruling regarding parking limitations if you participate in that cup? Obviously it isn't intended to just do a cup or single season and then dash for another while, but I was wondering about it in case people have to. A) Does it count towards resetting your 4 season limit? B) Does it count as a 'season' within that 4 season limit? (i.e. say Season 65 is the last of my 4 parked, would I have to rejoin at the cup or at Season 66?)

EDIT: Turns out lolv has already asked similar also!

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 07:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Wastepac draw made and opening post entered.

Legends post up on the front page too. Only 5 active Legends!
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT - deleted for the moment.

Last edited by Tomay on May 29, 2016 - 07:37; edited 1 time in total
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcing!

Swansong for a Sphinx

The Death Rattle, Last Gasp, Final Farewell, Swansong March to end all Funeral Marches

Brought to you by the Good Folks at the Regeneration Army
All proceeds go to charity*

This is it, folks! The final, never-again, after-this-we're-done Tour for the Sphinxes From Mars!

The First Round of Final Shows announced below**

1. Eau de Toilet - High TV Nurgle. Repeat of MMM last season? Hope not!

Ziggy's Lowdown: "On any given Tour, there is inevitably that one mob of smelly layabouts, yeah? Mostly it's the roadies, sometimes it's a band of Nurgle nutjobs. For a while, this lot have wallowed in some pretty dodgy venues, right, but now they get to play with the Sphinxes in what is (basically) a Stadium more-or-less-Sellout gig.
Yeah ok, so the last couple of times they featured on a bill with us, they may well have outperformed, but we've come along way and I mean who has the best selling records here anyways? I reckon if that Messure fellow is off his game, we'll get in there with some high class hits and get the boots really stompin'. That outta do it."

2. Winers and Diners - The game that got away from us. Revenge?

Thoughts from Jack: "Well, last season we were really taken aback by this lot. I would agree with the pundits that perhaps we should have won, but in the end, we didn't. I think if we manage to stick to the set-list and avoid any ad-libbing (not looking at anyone in particular here, but Bones? He's a freakin' maniac sometimes, and not in a good way, yeah?) we should get the crowd on our side.

3. Prancing Unicorns - A Pearl up for grabs! Will we let the game get away while hunting the rebel scum?

The Coach: "Who? Unicorns?! Gods, they let anyone play the game these days... oh it's the team name? Why didn't you say? Sorry, Luke who? Look, is this someone's idea of a joke? I thought we were billed against a team of orcs, this sounds like an elaborate fantasy to me. Excuse me, I need to see a man about a droid..."

4. High Elvis - First of the elves. Big enough (if they don't get thrashed) that we shouldn't see a wiz. Knock on wood...

Debaser waxes lyrical: "Elves! Let them come. Let them come without wizards, and we shall see who the biggest show in town is. Well might they ask 'Don't be cruel', but there will never have been a fool such as I if we gave them any sort of mercy. Karma Man will get his Satisfaction. I hear he's ordered special boots for the occasion. Yeah, blue suede..."

5. Psych Lab - Rats! And rats. Ugh. I hate rats.

Karma Man (stoically): "Well. Rats. Can't say we enjoy playing this lot. All it takes is for one to lay under my boot though. One after the other, anyway. Can we arrange that?"

6. Freezy Trees - Again! Will the Norse get up this time? They'll be playing hard, but traditionally do not like a late season game against the Sphinxes...

(You can't stop the) Ziggy: "Hah, this lot can't get enough! Look, we love to play these guys, they always make for a top gig. I reckon they can't match us though, and will never be anything but a support act, right? Good on 'em for trying though, I mean really. Nah, I mean it, you gotta love 'em, they're like I dunno, puppies or something, right?"

7. Snow Leopards - More elves. Greenies, too boot. Would I like green elves to play? I would not like green elves to play. Not in a box, not in a league. Something something Sam-I-am... (Ed - This continues for a while. Did we break him?)

Debaser's analysis: "Dunno what they're doing playing a Sphinxes gig, genres are a complete clash. Who booked this gig anyway?
This lot do look crunchy though. I mean they keep track of their own deaths? Bit obsessive, maybe. Anyways, we're more than happy to help them with that..."

There you have it folks. The first stage of the Sphinxes final farewell. Get your tickets now, and receive a signed, sealed and notarised statement from Coach Luo himself guaranteeing that there will NEVER be another farewell tour, EVER!***

*All moneys raised in the Tour to go to the Retired Sphinxes League Club Communal Holiday fund. No refunds on any ticket purchases, even in the event of the Sphinxes not providing fun/music/entertainment or even showing up at all.
**Management reserves the right to change any venue/date/show/lineup/bill according to the whims and vagaries of the Head Coaches left eyebrow.
***Guarantee not valid in any State, City or Territory, except during Underworld Goblin Mating Season.

Last edited by Luohghcra on May 29, 2016 - 12:48; edited 1 time in total
DustBunny

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
Tomay’s Power Rankings

16. Madness Mountain Misery [-5]: Expected more, maybe rusty?

While I agree the power drop happened, I resent the rusty sentiment!

I too expected more but that devil Ramchop and his unhurtable Norse set the tone for the season.

Looking at the draw - If I can survive Wex (you'll note the only MB I have is on the Beast thanks to a RIP'd NW) and get some tackle before playing the elves (goddamn wizards) after Stonetroll's demise, I might be able to make a decent go of this season.

I hope.

D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: May 29, 2016 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, got lost and posted in Channel BB... now deleted

Question - do the top 8 of the Konck Out get into Prem season 67? Or does whoever makes Prem this season auto go there in season 67 please?

Jump to: