40 coaches online • Server time: 18:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
Handling bad dice: now THAT's what makes a game (un)pleasant.

Many things can make the game unpleasant. The topic here is how people react to the opponent's bad dice handling. THAT seems to lead to more than unpleasant times.

Just yesterday I was being told about a pillar of this website that he got flamed as soon as he started to express any kind of dissatisfaction with the dice. I've observed many times some kind of allergy to venting, to a point where the unlucky one would simply type and type until the lucky one would at last or at least acknowledge the fact. This can take time, as if acknowledging any luck at all would deprive the winner of any skill he may claim on the game.

Whining about (or worse flaming) whiners, while understandable, can become toxic. More welcoming would be to take a deontological position, suspected to increase trustworthiness. Whatever Nuffle wills, a little temperance toward intemperance goes a long way.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It really depends on how the chat has gone so far and the tone of the 'comments'. If you have been chatty then people are likely to respond much better.

Personally, I don't want to hear about dice at all.

If you want to complain about Nuffle, or players having a bad day then great.

But if you have said nothing but "Hi" and then start whining you can expect to get nothing but "Smile".

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It really depends on how the chat has gone so far and the tone of the 'comments'. If you have been chatty then people are likely to respond much better.

Personally, I don't want to hear about dice at all.

If you want to complain about Nuffle, or players having a bad day then great.

But if you have said nothing but "Hi" and then start whining you can expect to get nothing but "Smile".

Mostly agree!
 Jump to: