65 coaches online • Server time: 19:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jdm

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland Eötvögre plays for the Large Ogre Collide[R]s, a subdivision of the Large Ogre Colliders, based in the ranked division for tax purposes.

Originally I started the team becuase my Sabre Mountain Shakers are tied up in the Black Cup (shout out to PurpleChest's Dorfs who I diced the hell out of), I missed having an ogre team with rerolls and having 3 box ogres teams is a bit extravagent. However he's also the first ag4 ogre I've had so I'm willing to put a bit more work into the team, at least until he dies. A bit of search-fu failed to find any advice.

+AG was first 2 skills, he rolled a normal for third (after last game) and I took strong arm to fit his roll as quarterback, lobbing balls up to catch/diving catch snotlings.

Looking at the choices that were available to him, I feel unsure this was the correct choice, but fail to see much else for him. Guard is always great, juggernaut to help him blitz free and then dodge away were the other two choices. And stand firm is always great.

So assuming this guys lives to legend, and rolls maybe 1 double, how would you build him? Would you ask an admin to (pretty please) change strong arm?

Many thanks.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I think Jugg. I also think you'll have to go break tackle on another normal. BT to get through an initial hard tackle zone and the ag4 to keep him moving (if it can be done that way).
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Strong Arm is quite a terrible choice unless you are playing some passing theme. It does help with TTM, but TTM completely ignores the Agility so it isn't really syinergistic, since a random AG2 ogre can do the job.

Ogres never have enough guard, so I'd go with that. BT is also a very good ogre skill, but with AG4 it kinda loses value...

The good choice was to roll doubles and get Sure Hands Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Yeah I think Jugg. I also think you'll have to go break tackle on another normal. BT to get through an initial hard tackle zone and the ag4 to keep him moving (if it can be done that way).

You usually want to do it the other way around, AG4 to dodge away from your marker and then BT into the cage.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I love my strong arm AG 3, best passing Ogre ever.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8070107

But the rest of the skills have worked a treat too, BT isn't needed quite so much with AG 4, but grab and jugg for blitzing folk hiding near the sides pays off well for Ogres, and he's surfed a good few ball carriers (plus, clears his own way for dodging out). I need Sure Hands on Bully's legend doubles, because Strip Ball just kills the game plan, but you should probably just take Block.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If you get doubles i would suggest one of these:

1) pass.. since you already said you like passing, why not get a free reroll for it?

2) if you took pass and you got 2nd double then consider accurate too

3) if you think he will be much in contact, then consider maybe dodge

4) or if there is much contact but you feel there is too much tackle around to counter dodge, then choose block..

5) sure hands might be useful too

On normal rolls:

1) juggs.. helps blitzing out

2) after juggs maybe stand firm.. helps sidecaging and may help elsewhere too

3) if you make lot of cages in far back then guard might help too.. if he is usually alone in back then ignore this

PS: i wouldn't choose break tackle since it only helps during your turn but doesn't protect the ball (like dodge, block, guard, stand firm and surehands would)
Shakall

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go BT on 51 if not double then hope for block on 76 and if not I guess juggernaut is a good option. Hope you get some more ag ogres since you have a real nasty passer now Wink
madvig

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut. no doubt. Had one of those guys once. With a few TZ on him, he can be stopped. However with juggernaut you can blitz your way out of it, and only doubble skulls will stop him.
Mine had break tackle after his first +ag, and to be hornest it wasnt that nessecary when he got the second +.
Sure hands on a double, since he can easyly get a snot assist, and the strip ball is more dangerous on a -2d blitz, than if he had block. (wrestle will get him anyway)
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut, I had one of these guys in a league he was amazing! https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=750519

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts on the next skill choice:

Juggernaut - this route would be best with future skills of Grab, Break Tackle & Stand Firm. Frenzy or Sure Hands for a double. I don't like this route so much as it makes him into an aggressor whereas I'd rather him be a playmaker with the AG4. Also I like to give Piling On to my Juggernaut guys, and I wouldn't want to be Piling On with an AG4 guy.

Break Tackle - leaves the development a bit more open, maybe not such a useful skill on the next choice but leaves the possibility of Block & Dodge (or Sure Hands?) on doubles for an ogre god. Next normal skill would be Grab (useful for getting free from SS,DT or the occasional SS,Tents and other handy work)

Grab - As mentioned above, good for freeing himself up when acting as the ball carrier or freeing others up, and nailing pesky SS elves where you want them, and possibly setting up for a Multiple Block guy (A possible choice on your next normal skill for the ogre blocker on the team?)

Hard to say what my preference would be, I tend to think about long term more than short term and a big fan of Break Tackle on all ogres so I think I'm slightly leaning towards BT, but it really depends on your play style as it seems to differ hugely between ogre coaches.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggs then grab or guard. Never bt its only one better the ag4 not worth it. Obviously dodge on a double as you want your ballcarrier to dodge away if needed especially if you already have juggs.
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
Never bt its only one better the ag4 not worth it.

On further contemplation I tend to agree with this now. Forget BT
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the comments I'm surprised you went for Grab. AG4 ogre is truelly awesome. Definitely jugs if he reaches 76 and gets a normal. Or Dodge or block on doubles.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I knew I wanted both juggs and grab on normal rolls and he's faced a few teams now where he's been marked by sidesteppers. I thought grab would give better use for that and be more useful on drive where I'm defending. Plus I've never really taken juggs on anyone so would make me play in a style I'm not used to.

(And clearly pass on doubles. He's already the joint top passing ogre of all time across all divisions. Now to knock those pesky elves off the top spots).