19 coaches online • Server time: 08:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Seany18 wrote:
Garion, for the Clan Pestilence team it says you can get an Apo on the roster page but there is still no option to for a new team

sorry I am not sure what you mean. I checked the roster and the option to buy an apo is switched on.

are you creating your team from this page - https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10263

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes my bad was looking at my old clan pestilence team
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

no probs Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

NEWSFLASH

Starting on Tuesday (05/07/2016) will be the first Secret league tournament. Image

It will work in the same way as a Rookie Royal Rumble, in other words it is only for teams that have not played a game.

Click on the image to go to the group page, create your team and apply to the group, any questions ask in the Secret League Chat forum thread
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance there will be a SL-league starting soon?
or are you waiting for the rosters to "settle" first?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, just waiting for a bit, people are still getting used to the teams etc... this rookie rumble advertised above should be a fun start though. Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

As you know Matt there aren't going to be any changes to the rosters for a while anyway. But I disagree with your feelings. It is a fluffy team missing 1 possible player does not make it unfluffy.

1 possible player who is an iconic element of the Clan.
Garion wrote:

Packmasters could be the coaches or cheer leaders if they were in the team it would most definitely detract from the teams niche and charm, G access would change the whole dynamic of the team, and push the focus away from the rat ogre.

Then you could remove Plague Priests from Clan Pestilens and Assassins from Clan Eshin, following this logic. After all, Plague Priests and Assassins could be coaches or cheerleaders.

Garion wrote:

The rosters might not be your cup of tea, but not every roster is going to appeal to everyone. also remember the rat ogres have access to cheaper rrs than any stunty teams and M access so they have a lot to work with.

I'm not questioning their competitiveness, I'm just questioning the fact that the roster is not very representative of Clan Moulder, when, by just adding 2 Packmasters, it would be better and I would play it because it would be a Clan Moulder roster, not a Rat Ogre team.
Just change the name to Rat Ogre team and in the future make a proper Clan Moulder roster.
I really don't know why you removed the Packmasters.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Matt you are over egging things. If packmasters were in the team they would have to be a 7338 G player, having 0-2 of that stat line means it would no longer be a team about the slaves and rat ogres, which should be the focus of the team. The Packmasters are the teams coaches. they train and teach them, if i made a team using miniatures, I would have a packmaster as my re-roll counters and a giant rat as a turn and score counter etc...

They are a Rat Ogre team as you say, Clan Moulder make Rat Ogres, they are the most important thing about that clan, its what they are famous for. This is what I want the team to be like, you do not have to like it, other people do. There are plenty of teams for you to try out.

Though you should try playing with the team, you will see why they do not have a G access player. This is true of any of the teams really, give them a go work out their style and then let me know your thoughts. Ultimately it was a design decision made so that the team has a defined play style.

Quote:

Then you could remove Plague Priests from Clan Pestilens and Assassins from Clan Eshin, following this logic. After all, Plague Priests and Assassins could be coaches or cheerleaders.

I do not have to put every single element or unit from a race in to a team, if I did they would all be massively over described and have dozens of positionals. You would have Dark Elf teams with Witch Elves, Dark Elves, Assassins, Black Arc Corssairs, sisters of slaughter, black guard,dark shards and so on. You need to know where to stop in order to have a play style within the team - when developing a roster you need to look at that races characteristics and look at what type of team they will create and thing about the teams cohesion. For me and the other people that are enjoying that race, Clan Moulder is stunty team with Rat Ogres in.

cheers
G
Smile
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a bit of a gander and it is interesting to see some races not having much of a presence in the teams list.

Half-Orcs look interesting. Only one team though.

Any underrated races we should be paying more attention to Garion?

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs also have Savage Orc team. Under rated teams hmm Im not sure, I think Daemons of Tzeentch are a blast

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

16 teams in the rookie rumble so far. and only 1 duplicate race and its Pygmy!?!?!?!?!?! what the....

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 16:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Has no-one made a Strigoi team yet? They'll be mine then Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
jdm

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Two different Pygymy builds though, should be fun to compare my full poisitonals, 2 rr against koadah's more restrained blitzers, linemen, 3rr and apoth build.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I've dropped mine to the second group.

We now need 14 more teams. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, you want to kick one off today koadah?