46 coaches online • Server time: 14:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

New Rules for Season 4

(see detailed rules summary below)

The NSL commisioners were gathered in the League's longhouse. The awards ceremony had finished, and they had withdrawn to a private room, as the season-end party continued in the main hall.

The chief commissioner spoke first.

Chief: Men, you have proposed rule changes to the league, upon revision I have agreed to some of them. Will you inform us of them please. Torkel Trolljägare, the table is yours...

The veteran Troll-Hunter, and Chieftain of the Trollheim Trixters emptied a hollowed out skull of mead, and spoke:

Torkel: Good news for the NSL. After hard negotiations, bribery and admittedly some threats of violence, I have persuaded the SPU (Star Players Union), to allow some of their members to play regularly in the league. This means Halfling, Goblin, and Ogre teams may now always hire Star Players.

There were some disgruntled murmurs in the room (many perhaps remembering when Torkel tried to field 11 mountain trolls on the field) - but in the end there was an overall tone of acceptance.

Chief: Right. Next point on the list...... There have been popular demand for more bloodshed from our fanatic fans. Lôk the Half-troll, tell me of your proposed rule.

A big, long-nosed humanoid with greenish skin, well-kept long black hair, and gold rings in ears and nose spoke.

Lôk: League is soft. We must more blood. Referee allow more fouls, and not ban pile-on player. This very good rule.

Chief: Good. Next, Olaf will speak. Please Olaf, control your temper this time.

A big, burly norseman with intense eyes and hair that grew in all directions spoke up through his massive beard.

Olaf: Some teams have taken too lightly on their responsibilities to provide entertainment for the fans.

He slammed his fist into the table.

Olaf: So there will bloody well be point penalties for concessions and forfeits. Both the season it happens, and the next. One concession, and we will take 6 of your points and your best player, as he obviously can be a more useful thrall elsewhere. Two concessions and we will not help stop the lynch mob, and that will be the last we see of them, mwahaha.

Chief: Yes, calm down Olaf. By the way, we needed to give two strikes for concessions because of the weakness to cold that some of the lesser races have.

Grimdog: Nothing else to expect from Elven thralls Chief, the Norse Dwarf interjected.

Olaf: Also, if a team is at fault for forfeits, they will be penalized by -1pt the current and following season.

Chief: Tough but fair.

Chief: Finally, as the chief commissioner it is my pleasure to announce that I have decided to grant all teams participation in the ANNUAL GOAT RACES held every mid-winter.

Olaf: A fine Norscan tradition! Skull!

"SKULL!!", the commissioners raised their drinking-skulls and toasted.

Chief: Yes, we would like to award the teams who give their all for the league a chance at prestige and prizes as well.

Olaf: League participation should be enough a reward in itself chief...

Chief: Be that as it may, the league will allow a number of goats on the starting line roughly equalling their endured sacrifice that season. And the winning goat's team will be awarded a Deportation Decree. The decree allows a team a one-time move to a different division before they play their first match of the new season. Sending a team of our choosing the other way.

Lôk: Ach, good idea.
Grimdog: For once I agree with the troll.
Olaf: I still think its too soft.
Torkel: Don't worry, it's going to be good Olaf. Just imagine goats with bombs.
Lôk: Mmm, burnt goat taste good.

NEW RULES SUMMARY:
    - Star Players allowed for Goblin, Halfling and Ogre teams.
    - Upon joining the league, you may chose to play a stunty team if available, before the random draw takes place (Danish_Dan chose to play halflings this season).
    - Fouls are now made at +1 to armour rolls.
    - Piling On does no longer cause Knockout and Turnover. However, Piling On may only reroll armour rolls.
    - Teams may enter a number of goats in the annual goat race as follows: 1 goat for every overall negative casualty and touchdown suffered that season. E.g. if you are at -5 TD and -5 Cas for the season, you may send out 10 goats on the starting line. In game terms, each goat serves as a ticket in a raffle. The more goats, the bigger chance of winning the raffle and getting the main prize: A chance to move to a division of choice at the start of the next season (sending a random non-champion team the other way).
    - Concessions are penalized by a -6pts in the current AND the following season. Your best (most spp) non-permed player will also be removed from the team, and you are ineligible for any awards and prizes that season. Two concessions and team will be removed from the league, by an angry mob.
    - Forfeits are penalized by -1pt in the current and following season. This will only apply to teams which didn't do enough to get their game played (admin's discretion).

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

This league looks quite fun; though I'm not very good at fluff-ing things. When's the next season start? is it going to be largely full from people who were in the previous season?
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Zlefin wrote:
This league looks quite fun; though I'm not very good at fluff-ing things. When's the next season start? is it going to be largely full from people who were in the previous season?

Season 4 is about to start, but unfortunately its filled up. We keep a waiting list, and I can put you on this if you like. There are usually a small handful of new coaches each season.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

when is kickoff date?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

no thank you, I'll more likely end up joining one of the various custom roster testing groups instead. I'll leave the wait list for those who are more tohroughly interested in this particular group.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
when is kickoff date?

Today!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2016 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 4 of NSL has kicked off!

This season we welcome five new coaches to the league:
Danish_Dan Halfling (Filler)
Throweck Chaos Pact (Filler 2)
Subs Lizardmen
Azure Khemri (Filler 3)
deyempe Dark Elf (Filler 4)

DIVISIONS (Coastal champions in BOLD, rookie teams in green)

SEA OF CLAWS
ELF
, Ogre, Norse, Amazon, Chaos, Chaos Pact

SEA OF CHAOS
Wood Elf, Human, High Elf, Nurgle, Khemri, Halfling

KRAKEN SEA
SLANN
, Underworld, Orc, Chaos Dwarf, Goblin, Undead

FROZEN SEA
Necromantic, Vampire, Dwarf, Skaven, Lizardmen, Dark Elf

SCHEDULE
Because of summer holidays, the first 3 rounds will be played at 2 week intervals, but please play ahead if you see your holiday crashing with the schedule.
Round 1: July 10th
Round 2: July 24th
Round 3: August 7th
Round 4: August 17th
Round 5: August 27th
Regional Finals: September 3rd
Grand Final: September 10th

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Danish_Dan

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,

I will be taking over the Halflings for the next season. I am happy to be joining the SEA OF CHAOS, and look forward to throwing flings at you guys all season long.

-DanishDan
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

...can I swap with Nurgle in the Sea of Chaos? no eh?

LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

leave the Nurgle alone, they're good where they are Razz
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
...can I swap with Nurgle in the Sea of Chaos? no eh?

I suggest acquiring your team some goats for mid-winter!
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ginnungangap Invaders starts the season with a surprising win against last season's runner up.
The game started with a fast score for the kicking team. Winter Sammakko failed to catch the ball, and Bjorn the (well-fed) troll saw a chance and tossed Blade far and true. Blade landed steadfast, snapped the ball from within a toad's reach, and ran into the EZ without any trouble.
During the next drive, Tmoila had learned, and didn't let the ball touch the ground after picking it up. However Shraaaag had a wizard up his sleeve, and eventhough the fireball only hit 1 guy, it opened up a horned blitz, followed by a throw in, and the underworld could secure the ball. At this stage Tmoila was cursing at Nuffle, and started injurying the poor skaven. What will I do with a 2str skaven lineman? Up against LoS, with block and foul appearance coming up next I guess.
The underworld secured a second TD in the first half with 1 turn left. The last turn was eventless.

In the second half, the invaders received the ball. They really hate going on offense, cause that usually ends up as a very defensive play. The toads were jumping everywhere, and had several chance (both failing and succeeding the ballcarrier. But I played safe, and after a few toads leaving the pitch, I walked the ball in. I had ofc. failed to consider my opponents 1TD ability, and he manage to score one in the end.

I have 3 players missing next game, one skaven lost a strength and one goblin was niggled. Maybe I'll get the most perms this season. I wouldn't mind seeing someone killing of that skaven. Whoever does, I owe them a beer.

I have enough gold in the bank to fill the team, so no worries to my next opponents, the chaos dwarves, you'll get your chance at goblin stomping Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The Order of the Snow King 2-1 Trollheim Trixters

The fourth season sees The Order return to the Kraken Sea Conference with hopes of improving on their 1-3-1 record last time through. The opening match was against the cheeky group of goblins known as the Trollheim Trixters.

The Order brought six perms. The Trixters brought two perms, a full complement of weapons and a few bribes, courtesy of 240k in inducements.
The gobs kicked off and immediately began to misfire. Four gobs failed to take flight, the bomber blew himself up (twice), the ball and chain tap-danced his way into a very precarious position and the trolls refused to move to his aid. About the only thing that went right for the Trixters was a successful regen when one of the trolls appeared to have had his eye gouged.

The Order scored on turn 8 and the gobbos set up to attempt the one-turner. Before they could get to it the crowd stoned the only non-niggled hob-gob off the pitch. The flying gob then landed in easy range of the score and the teams went in for half-time oranges all tied up at 1-1.
A blitz kick-off to begin the second half allowed the chaos dwarves to get some early pressure and after surviving a few saw attacks they secured the ball. After that greenskin casualties began to mount and they had little option other than to launch a hail of flying gobs at the ball. It wasn't to be and The Order brought in the defensive score for the win on turn 16.

A respectable start to the season for The Order with one player skilling up and a permed blocker sitting out the next game after a vicious gangfoul.

Onwards and upwards...
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Order of the Snow King 2-1 Ginnungagap Invaders

Game two of the fourth season for The Order brought another new opponent. For the first time the chaos dwarves faced Jarl Shraaaag, Keeper of NSL stats, Source of the NSL Curse and Mother of Goblins. His Ginnungagap Invaders were fresh off a Brexit-inspired thrashing of some frogs and were expected to bring both the bash and the boot.

The Underworld won the toss and opted to receive. They quickly set to work, with the bash and the boot removing two hobgob nigglers in the first turn. The Order bashed back but after they failed their third GFI in two turns the gobs were home and dry.

Only nine players returned from either side after the score and with a "Blitz" kick-off the short-legged dwarves were under immediate pressure. The Order were fortunate to retrieve the ball and, after a few perms, made it in for the equaliser.

It was 8 v 7 as the dwarves received after half time and a snaked pick up looked to have cost them. However the Underworld responded with a snake of their own and The Order was off and running.

And cas'ing.

During the game the Invaders overtook the The Order for the title of "Most Perms". When the dwarves weren't bashing the gobs the troll was eating them and the bloodshed was so severe that after the go-ahead score the Invaders were unable to field a single gob to even attempt the one-turner, saving The Order from the ignominy of conceding three one turners in three consecutive games!

Two skills, no MNG and The Order marches on.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

After 3 seasons fighting against dwarves and chaos, I finally managed to escape that group... ironically I end up in a group with the combined forces of dwarves and chaos... the chaos dwarves. However, having won against the dwarves last season, and beating the last season's runner up in the first game, I joined this game with hope... delicious, juicy hope...

The game started with me throwing away all tactics I considered before the game, and I ran straight into the wall of chaos dwarves. I cleared away some hobgoblin rubble, and did a switcheroo, and outran the stumplegged dwarves by changing sides. The bull centaurs obviously hadn't played against our kind before, and got so distracted they tripped over their own hooves. Before I got too greedy, or tried to stall, I walked in the first TD. I also got a chance to foul the great Thorleif Gunlaug, but the goblin who fouled were just not into it.

Second drive started with a Blitz!, I tried to get through with as many players as I could, but it was not enough. Having committed too many players, I had left a too big opening, which the chaos dwarves took advantage of, and scored before the first half was done.

Second half were full of desperate attempts of stopping the ballcarrier, however none of the 1db worked against the blodging bastard. Several other 1db worked later though, but to no avail. The troll had nothing else to do than eat a goblin.

I've reached 7 perms on my team, I really hope someone can help me out with those.

Next up, first season champions, and allround scary team, the Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids