44 coaches online • Server time: 15:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA Chirpfeed - Opening Night Action Does Not Dissapoint

The CBBA's opening night was a spectacular success, with great ratings across the Old World. While the CBBA drew criticism for not scheduling a top flight school on opening night, the hype surrounding it was enough and even provided some exposure for the smaller programs.

The Axemen fell behind early as the Yhetees came out with a point to prove, taking down anyone they could get their hands on and injuring a few of the Axemen's finest talents. The Axemen fought back in the 2nd half, but the Yhetees held on for victory.

The Bulls got on top of the Confederates early with their typical strong hitting game. They appear to have some talented players at running with the ball on their new look roster and were able to capitalise on their early dominance. The Confederates hit back late with a controversial boot, killing Bull's linemen Busch.
#returnofthegoodtimes #ItsBack #CBBA #Axemen #Yhetees #Confederates #Bulls

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Griffins Respond to Doping Alegations
Debby Demonbreeder – Sports Reporter for the Altdorf Daily

The title of this article is perhaps misleading as it wasn't much of a response from Coach Tomay to the allegations that surfaced in the Stirland Chirper.

"Who?... Oh that team that won a title one time years ago. Maybe the people of Stirland should have been focusing more on the game they lost last night than worrying about what we're doing."

When asked how the Griffins plan to defeat the Falcons, Tomay was much more enthusiastic with his response. "We don't need to plan for the Falcons, the Falcons need to plan for us. We will just go out there and play like the Griffins play, we're not worried about what they'll be doing. I expect they're a little nervous, with their first game in CBBA against the best program in history. Why don't you go and ask them how they plan on bouncing back after the humiliation that is coming."

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

RSU Exclusive - Urslo Bears, Running Scared?

Rumours abound that the Urslo Bears are actively avoiding scheduling of their round 1 fixture against the highly fancied Scorpions. The Scorpion's home ground, fondly known as "The Pit" has been the end of many a team's chances at conference glory.

A source close to Bears' head coach DDS (formerly known as "The Champ") said "He's concerned that his players aren't going to be able to perform under the pressure from, let's face it, THE premier squad in the CBBA."

The Scorpions management team refused to make an official comment, however squad captain Dietrich "The Guru" Gruubenheim (Ed - sploosh!) recently commented, "We're doing all we can to get our fans the game they deserve. The team is ready and we're just waiting on the Bears to come out of hibernation, and into Pit!"
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Boris N @LoudMouse

@Garbler reports first trainign for Gloriuos Stallions great success! Inside scoop - the 'Four Horsiemen' work like seaming team, give Coach Luo much hope for Bowl Success!@CoachLuo @Stallions @CBBA
#CBBA #Apocalypse #RidersontheStorm

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Boris N @LoudMouse

First round matchup against Buckingeers!? Is slight against Gloriuos Stalloins. Coach Luo confident of ease of victory. Wants to know if any good eating establishmnt in Norcsa, says game over in first half.@CoachLuo @Stallions @CBBA @NPUBuccs
#CBBA #RidersontheStorm #Easyriders

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Launched with a Splash

The F.C.U.’s Clipper Bloedige Schoonheid returned from their Training Camp tour of the coast. ‘The Float’ as it is traditionally know take the F.C.U. and entourage through the waterways of Marienburg to be feted by the adoring public from all over the globe and to welcome the re-branding of the famous City's squad of Stars.

On board the new starting 11 from F.C.U., the Executive, the Gilded Lillies, our dazzling Cheer Squad (aren’t they gorgeous) and of course the new incumbent Coach D_Arquebus.

To mark the occasion there was Flaming Chrysanthemums from distant Cathay to light the Stars on Fire, Snacks from the Mootland, Parfumed - au de égout from the Brettons carted through the streets to add a freshness to the occasion. Even the North sent ship loads of ice to keep revels refreshed with cool bevvies.

Reports have circulated of an Overly-Perfumed Merchant mugged for a crate of Bretonnian Bubbly to “Christen” the Team. Bottles of the cheap plonk showered into the river after the vessel as it wound its way past the bridges and islets of the City. Such reckless abandon was to be expected in the high spirits of the occasion, though concerned community voices decry someone could have been hurt!

#CBBA #Clipperscuttingin #Bowlbound #Starsonfire

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

AlbertBurgundyVerstoppensmit@ TheExecutivePen

We the Executive of F.C.U. categorically deny accusations in the “Capital Press" that we were in any way “late” for the season launch. Rumours that the F.C.U. Team would have trouble with some unpleasant winds from the North would only apply after the Northern Team's customary feast of beans before game day.

We are in fact waiting on those horny, tomato-fondlers from down South to tramp up here to Marienburg in anything approximating a timely fashion. Commerce waits for no man! Who ever heard of not using the fastest naval transports money can buy to fly up the Coast or dart along the ‘Golden Stream Highways’ of the Empire to the 'Gilded Mouth' of Marienburg?

Now, while we wait, have you heard the story about how I myself once played for the ole Crusaders, and scored 4 touchdowns in one game?

#Riversofgold #TheExecutive #4TDs1Game #AlBundyClog-smith

Last edited by D_Arquebus on %b %01, %2016 - %11:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The Free Press - Interview with Coach D_Arquebus
**Unfinished Uni Paper report of a media student on the F.C.U. campus. Due to being riotously drunk and presumably sleeping it off somewhere the next day, he failed to turn this in so we have only his notations from the interview itself. As is common from first draft notes the questions are unfortunately missing, and we only have Coach D_Arquebus’ words to try to recreate the conversation with the New Hope of F.C.U. and the City of Marienburg**

[break]

Coach D: You’re welcome. I always have time for the local press.

[break]

Coach D: Failed to meet expectations? Let me correct you there, I didn’t leave Wolfenburg under a cloud. I still hold old Wolfenburg U in the highest esteem. And no, it was not I that failed to meet the Wolfenburg board’s expectations. They failed to broaden those expectations and embrace the true power of the Bulls! The fact they now have a scholarship for Ogres on campus and as such they perform more reliably for the team, well I credit that to my work there and the Binse Bros. for executing my plans so well!

[break]

Coach D: Well don’t get me wrong, the package offered by Free City University was very good, but I resent the notion that as a 'Coach who lives to Bowl' that I can be ’bought or sold’! I mean sure, the florins feather a nest nicely, the Bowl Battle Station on board the 'Beauty' is second to none, and they provided a personal masseuse, Elsie, who helps to relieve the tension and let me really enjoy those games with a "happy ending" but… pardon?... well “winning” of course, what else would I mean by “happy ending”….

[break]

Coach D: Mistake? Of course it’s not a mistake! We are not “missing our apothecary for the first match”. If he is lost, it is I assure you, entirely his own doing… Rumours of his body being dragged from the River reeking of cheap Bretonnian Booze post 'The Float' only reinforce my initial resolve to sack him. After the disturbing word coming from the Wolfenburg Waffler regarding the Bull's Staff's gross medical misconduct and bawdy drunkness leading to the untimely death of one of their new pupils, we certainly will not tolerate that sort of behaviour in Marienburg! Needless to say, the medical fraternity at F.C.U. is being plumbed for one who can be dragged away from their current intensive studies into the freshmen female body and will be with us in time for the 2nd round against the Harlequins.

[break]

Coach D: The Executive? Well yes as a body they certainly do look after the interests.. of the Executive. Funnily enough due to some "clerical mishaps" during the previous administration and shock early exit from the league, many records of the team and past performance were lost. Coincidentally, many of the current grandees who support the Clippers turn out to be "past Stars" of the team. Full of useful advice and sage tactical knowledge for their chosen proteges...

[break]

Coach D: Hmmm? Well yes, naturally one only has to look at the plethora of "core skills" and the exuberant attendence at "Team Training" sessions evident in the new roster to see the "wholesome" influence that they wield over the future of the team...

Bowls are not won by committees. And "the Buck" as they say, stops here. And thus I have the final say.

[break]

Coach D: The Gilded Lillies superfluous? Well of course they cost as much as some teams star thrower talent, but the people of Merienburg love their team and the Lillies have come to represent that love in an essentially very firm, upright, and... energetic way. Besides as the story of Meike can attest, they hold hidden delights for open minds.... from a training “accident” prior to my making my policy on “social fraternisation” clear… one of our initial Lillies, Meike Razernij broke three jaws and also one leg of 3 overzealous suitors in the first 2 days on board. Needless to say I signed her on the spot! And her sister continues to lead the Lillies under my watchful scout’s eye. So no, to suggest that the Gilded Lillies are unnecessary frippery and expense on the University is to suggest that you should not have 'boter' on your 'spek'. And if that is “wrong”, then I don’t want to be “right”.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

BECHAFEN UNIVERSITY STUDENT PRESS

The Season Begins!
Reinhardt Wilhelm

Against the brutal Guisonne Chevalier's, the Falcons were thoroughly crushed, emerging with a 0-3 loss. However, in the subsequent match, the Falcons managed to pull off a great 2-1 victory over the NC Manticores, which was only foiled from being a 3-1 victory by a last ditch rush by Manticore players.

Unfortunately, Lothar Markos was once more injured during the match, and his already injured knee was stomped upon whilst the referee stared at the sun, wondering why it glowed so brightly.

In any case, soon we will be moving into the Food Bowl Conference, where we will face off against the Stallions, the Axemen, and the Fighting Cockerels - of whom the Stallions managed a perfect 3-0-0 sweep in Touring Leg E, the Axemen emerged 0-0-3 from Touring Leg B, and the Fighting Cockerels are currently sitting on a 0-1-1 score. With a 1-1-1 spread for the Falcons, we hope they can emerge overall second place in the conference, seeing as the Stallions would have to lose every game for the Falcons to have a chance - unlikely at best.

Last edited by Wex on %b %20, %2016 - %06:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Griffins Fire Armourer, Honor Teyber
Debby Demonbreeder – Sports Reporter for the Altdorf Daily

The RAU Griffins have fired team Armorer Johan Belkik following their disappointing and shocking draw with the Bechafen Falcons. Coach Tomay didn’t waste any time in attributing the loss to the armorer. “You pay good money for the best equipment, you expect it to work properly. The boys didn’t feel comfortable or safe out there with what Johan put together, so we are going in a different direction. We wish Johan the best of luck in his future endeavours. Perhaps he can get a job with the Axemen.”

Coach Tomay also attributes the loss to his players lack of experience and the lack of knowledge they had of their opponent. “We didn’t know they played that style, we didn’t know what to expect from them. Under equipped and facing a motivated opposition, the boys need to be prepared for that. The experience will come.”

The Griffins have also had to cope with the death of one of their players in Teyber. Thismorning the team paid their respects to Teyber as he was taken out of the capital to regional Reikland where his family reside. "Death is an unfortunate part of blood bowl. It's a sad day for his teammates but it's the reality of this competition," said Tomay.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Extracts from the journal of 'coach' Buuface' - Week 21

Preposterous! These heinous, uncultured brutes apparently also disdain any form of medical attention upon injury, mortal or otherwise! Skaelind is now walking around with his kneecap on back to front and claims simply that 'he'll get used to it'. No wonder the average life expectancy amongst these ludicrous degenerates is only 30!'
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Boris N @LoudMouse

First round win for Might Stallions! Despite quick break to fight Orc raid, Give Norcsan Bucks a tasty pasting. @CoachLuo @Stallions @NPUBuccs @CBBA
#CBBA #RidersontheStorm

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

AVERHEIM UNIVERSITY PRESS RELEASE

Averheim University is proud to announce their triumphant return to the CBBA. This next generation of Stallions look set to carve their names into the record books - they've already started practising on the city walls, after all.

Stallions management also have full confidence in Coach Luo's ability to bring more success and attention (and fees) to the University, despite his inability to attend the opening round matchup. We are assured his comments of 'make sure the Lich isn't drunk' and 'check the spells before kickoff' are merely coded coaching gems for his able staff.

We'd also like to thank our sponsors - Sallinsky's Stables and Saddlery. We're told they are great fans of the Stallions, and have indeed invited them to make use of their fine establishment whenever they have need of new tack...

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA Chirpfeed - Coach Luohghcra Ends 4 Game CBBA Losing Streak

Finally, Luohghcra gets another win in the CBBA. The Stallions actually looked good last night against the Buccs. Let's see if he can keep it up or have the dubious honor of drawing against the Cocks again.
#returnofthegoodtimes #ItsBack #CBBA #Stallions

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2016 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBA Chirpfeed - Falcons Fans Optimistic

Fans in Bechafen are still celebrating their draw with the Griffins earlier in the week. Not quite knowing what to expect from their team, the draw against the CBBAs best is a great start putting them straight on the radar of their opponents.
#returnofthegoodtimes #ItsBack #CBBA #Falcons

Jump to: