27 coaches online • Server time: 01:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Use potion on Hauclir for final?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 16 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
Feed him a nice piece of pie instead!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

Bram

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My Raiders and Corsairs are facing LoxleyAndy's Famous Vegans in our Lustrian Challenge X qualifier's final.

I'm considering using a healing potion on Hauclir as I feel a ST4 AG4 MA7 blodge ballcarrier will give me an edge. However, doing so would significantly increase my team's TV, giving up inducements for the game.

My objective is to win the game and qualify for the main tournament. Would you use the potion? And why (not)?
ImpactedAnimal

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Pros: S4blodge and other than the chorfs no tacklers on his team and chorfs will need a couple of assists for a two dicer so could be very handy. Also the alternative is a loner and noone loves a loner.

Cons: Once its gone its gone (i pointlessly used my potion before i understood how awesome the things were) - and if you keep it you may one day be able to save a much more epic player

Conclusion: The Blood God Worshipper inside of me thinks you should go for glory and use it, the part of me that thinks you may one day get an even hotter load of stat boosts (or a chance to use the potion in a main series final) makes me think you should save it.

Overall I am leaning towards saving it even though I initially wanted to advise you to use it - hope this helps Smile
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Do it.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

do it.

win on your team's power...not on the game's charity (inducements)

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Using the Potion on a double AV bust would have some merit by itself. Using it on this guy for a tournament game feels right as well.

However...

I don't like that player Wink I mean you have him, he's clearly very strong, but he's a lot of TV for something you probably don't need that much as DE anyway. In this specific match you do face a ST4 blocker, and lots of guard, there is even a blitzer bull with tackle. He's not really that difficult for your opponent to deal with.

If you bring him back you are also giving a wizard to your opponent (wizard and babe I believe).

If you really like that player, and if he's really key in your ability to win games, then sure, do it.

Else, I'd strongly consider just firing him. Sad but true. +MA line elfs are a waste. +ST is obviously strong on him, but again, lacking any hitting skills you don't blitz with him, he doesn't have sure hands (which doesn't matter in this match) so he's still a strip ball target. I guess the logic goes you can't get to ST5 unless you get to ST4 which is fair.

But specifically for this match, would you rather have him and face a wizard (which is 83% to get the ball off of him anyway) or not have him and not face a wizard?
ImpactedAnimal

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops yes I stand corrected sorry didnt see the tackle on the bull centaur.

Still glad my conclusion was the same as Licker's
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're asking, you probably think it's a better idea than I do.

The thing with the potion is that there will likely never be a perfect time, and even if there is a lot of people still think there is going to be a super-perfect time one rainy day.

If the game means a lot to you, get it used. I suspect you'll be back in this not massively unique situation again, so it probably isn't worthwhile.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Only on +ST +ST players who would otherwise miss a major final (not a qualifier final) AND suffered a serious permanent injury like -ST or niggling injury. I would even wait for a second niggling injury then before using a healing potion.
Bram

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2016 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Only on +ST +ST players who would otherwise miss a major final (not a qualifier final) AND suffered a serious permanent injury like -ST or niggling injury. I would even wait for a second niggling injury then before using a healing potion.

Which is... never?
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Its basically a +st lineman. Surely a multi stat positional is a better choice eventually?

Oscar Wilde
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I would feed him pie because he's a lineman, and linemen like pie.

I just don't think I'd be using a once only thing on a lineman either. He's kind of bonus, especially with all those stats. Seems like monkey logic I know, but I just don't think linemen would rate.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

bram wrote:
Dominik wrote:

Which is... never?

How many more times can you expect to receive a healing potion in your life (on FUMBBL)?
Bram

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'm not gonna use the potion after all. Main reason is to avoid a wizard, and - as indicated by licker - with a tackle bull and a ST4 dorf on the opposing side, it's probably not worth it for the upcoming game.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
bram wrote:
Dominik wrote:

Which is... never?

How many more times can you expect to receive a healing potion in your life (on FUMBBL)?

Saving a last resort for a scenario that is about as unlikely as getting another potion doesn't make that much sense.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I still have 2 Healing Potions. It would take a lot for me to use one. I wouldn't use it on that player. Ive left better players in the dust.

Jeffro
 Jump to: