52 coaches online • Server time: 19:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2016 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL will accept new teams until WED. I will then close out the NWL until Season #2 and we kick off season #30 on Thursday.

GET APPLIED!

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2016 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yo Painstate I applied in this cool league too , am on EST time
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2016 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am here and ready to drink beer.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2016 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Westies are besties.

Best coast vs. least coast, we all know whats what.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2016 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL after almost 2 years has come off of life support and WE ARE BACK!!!!

NWL season #30 kicks off today.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2016 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work PainState!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2016 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState sits in the NWL HQ, located 200 miles north of Erengrad in the side of a mountain. The torches are lit and the light can be scene far and wide over the plain of bone in front of the mountain. It is a signal to all in the wastes that the NWL is rising once again in power. For in ages past the NWL ruled this valley with an iron fist and all knew of its power. Teams would beg to join the NWL to bask in the glory of victory, raise the trophy on high and declare themselves the greatest Blood Bowl team of the Wastes. Such a glorious past, now rotting, dust covered and in decay.

PainState found the last stand of the old guard one night. He walked down a flight of stairs to the very bottom of the mountain fortress. He stood before a large reinforced wooden door, the lock was cut off and the door was bolted from the inside and wedged shut. After a few days of some deft axe work he was finally able to gain entrance. The door opened up, more, like fell off the hinges, and the smell of a crypt, ancient and not opened in years poured forth. PainState recoiled for a moment, gained his senses once again and shined the torch light into the crypt.

Littering the room was the mummified remains of the former members of the NWL. Some of them he was familiar with, his battles on the pitch with them come back to his memory but that was a long time ago before he headed south. He notices coach Celas corpse sitting on a chair, in front of him the tome of the NWL. PainState blows the dust off and checks the last words.

“My God, this is what it has come down to. Heed my words of wisdom who ever reads this.”
PainState thinks to himself, should I really read this?

“Never, ever, for the love of God and Blood Bowl let other coaches take over the reins of power for the league you guided to glory. They are all fools and idiots. I curse them to the ends of the earth and with my last dying words……………cat scratch nonsense……………………”

Well. that was anti climatic, I wanted to read the last dying words.

PainState turns to leave, he is planning on installing an iron door on this bottom room and make it into a tomb and come up with a good story to scare the kids and adults alike. When he notices on the wall, behind a book case someone has written in blood a message.

He grabs the book case and shoves it aside, it crumbles into shards of wood, books go flying and destroy two corpses of former NWL members. He keeps clearing out the remains of the book case so he can get a good look at this message on the wall. He shines his light on the wall and reads.

“CRP stands for CRAP!!!!! Never, ever convert to CRP or your league will forever be lost.”

Well, mmmm, too late for those words of wisdom it seems. Ah, but there is another message from the past written under those warnings of CRP. PainState has to get on his hands and knees to read the last message from the past, some idiot wrote it in 6 font.

“Trust Gorjo, he will guide us to the promised land.”

Gorjo? Who in the hell is Gorjo?

3 Hours later PainState is sitting in the comish office. Going through work orders for hobgoblins to uncover 3 pitches that the NWL played on back in the day, covered over now by 2 years of dust, dirt and bones. He also reviews the updates about the construction of the grand stadium he has planned to build for the NWL. 100,000 seats, luxury box seats for all the greater daemons and lords of the wastes to attend. He sits back and has dreams of glory, gold and he is basking in the glory of CHAOS!.

Outside the warpstone infused storm still rages. Pelting the fortress of the NWL, raging against it’s rise to glory once again, the storm is slowly etching away the fortresses stone work, slowly changing its surface and eventually the corruption will take hold, once again.

A solitary figure trudges towards the fortress, guided by its torch light. He covers his face from the raging storm but he will not be stopped, step by step he comes once again to take his seat of power and whoever is in that fortress will feel his power, rage and insanity.

PainState stands in the window looking out into the storm, grabs another stein of ale and figures he needs a serving wench or two and some staff to run the NWL. He turns and sits back down at his desk looking over all the forms and costs necessary to get the NWL back up and running.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Season #30 kicks off with a bang. 2 Matches in the West Coast conference kick off and the blood is flowing. Flowing so hard in fact that the warpstone infused pitches of the NWL start to glow once again with their infernal power.

7 CAS average in the first two matches.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

My rookie vamps just got crushed by MrNomad's Undead in the first game for the East Coast. The dark lords must have been a bit groggy having just risen from their coffins for the first time in 3,000 years. We took about 4 cas in the first 4 turns (5 total) and lost 1 of our two vamps in the first half. We'll be hoping for a better performance in the next one!

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Keeping with the manly amount of (in this case, one-sided) casualties, just look at the ridiculous game mrt1212 and I just played: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3811323 Haven't played a match where my opponent could only field 2 players for a good portion of the game in a looong time.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2016 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The only explanation is that the chaos gods have been deprived of Blood Bowl related carnage for so long that they have used their powers to make every player hit like a CPOMB for the new season.

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2016 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow - so far only 2 games have been played on the East Coast .. where's the buzz? Where's the excitement? :O

I should be playing my second one later this evening (starting 10-11pm EST), if anyone wants to come and laugh at Catalyst32 beating up my Vamps .. Smile

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The thrall wakes up, his vision blurry as he tried to take stock of his surroundings. He can't remember how long he has been unconscious, or, in fact, much at all about the past 48 hours. As his vision slowly clears, the view that emerges is of a dark, damp cell. He feels a dull ache in his wrists and, as he attempts to move, realizes he is chained to the wall by rusty manacles. He is also almost completely naked.

He looks up to his left to see a small barred window, which provides the only source of light in the cell. It is dark outside, which suggests night must have fallen (although, he cannot remember the last time he saw daylight).

As he turns his head the other way, he jumps in fear at the sight of a face, only 2 inches from his own and staring, unblinking, straight into his eyes. He has no idea how the figure got there - he heard no sound of motion, nor of a door opening. The face is humanoid, but hideously deformed, with a bald head; pale, dead-looking skin; and big, pointed ears jutting out from the sides. As it spreads a fang-filled mouth in a wide grin, it's eyes betray no emotion, only a sadistic evil that transcends the depths of human depravity. The face is one he has seen many times before, and that he had prayed was only a nightmare.

The creature flicks out a forked tongue and licks him slowly on the cheek.

'Fletch ..' it croaks in a strangled voice. 'How nice it is to see you again.'

'Grrooooaagghhh!' In the terror of the moment, eloquent speech evades him as he struggles at his chains in panic.

'Yesss ...' says the nightmare. 'You did well yesterday, my little pet. Very well.'

'Unngh?!'

'Perhaps you don't remember, but you scored our only touchdown, which stopped us from losing the game and gave us our first draw in the league!'

'Marthster?' Fletch is completely baffled and has no idea what the demon is talking about. Although, he seems to be in a very rare good mood today, which allows a brief spark of hope to enter into the grim cesspool of Fletch's life.

'SO!' the monster declares grandly, as it stands back and opens its arms. 'We have decided that, today, as a reward, we will allow you to be merely flogged, rather than flayed. What do you think of that?!'

'Urrghhhh ..' Fletch struggles again at his chains in vain. Pain has become such a regular part of his life that it all seems the same now anyway.

Fletch jumps as the creature snaps forward again with unnatural speed, holding its face millimeters away from his.

'But ..' it hisses menacingly 'Next time Fletch .. we have to WIN!'

Before he can even scream, he briefly feels a sharp pain as four long fangs sink into his neck and the dark oblivion engulfs him again.

finster5

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2016 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice story! (your previous game also probably should have been a tie, except for some very lucky rolls I had at the end)
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, finster5! Smile

Re. the game - that's just the way it goes sometimes. It's been a bit of a tough first season so far in terms of results, but at least I managed to score a TD in each of the last 2 games, so things seem to be improving. I've been enjoying the league anyway and hopefully these vamps will become a bit more competitive once they gain a couple of skills each Smile

P.S. more fluff = better performance - proven fact! Very Happy

Jump to: