58 coaches online • Server time: 16:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2016 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
Burnalot wrote:
Looks like at least one prediction of mine for the season was accurate (sadly).

You haven't posted any predictions for the fourth group that was added on later, by the way. Care to do so? Wink

Sure, I can try.

Tobaro Qualifying Group: With almost all games played in the first round (well done by the way, keep it up) it might be a bit easier to predict how it goes than from 0 games. My guess is that the first two will remain the same (Estalia and Daemons of Slaanesh), probably with Slaanesh taking first place. As usual I place a stunty team on the bottom, that being the pygmies. I think there were team will have troubles as well. I didn't place Treeman in the bottom part, because I think that vs mostly ag3 teams they will be able to cause some trouble.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2016 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

"As usual I place a stunty team on the bottom, that being the pygmies."

That horrible moment when you realise that its your team people don't hold out any hope for.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2016 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Pygmies can be pretty frustrating to play against. Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2016 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I will root for them, but I think it is really hard for the little guys. Ag4+stunty will help though and the fact that there are not a lot of teams with block in the group (just one more left to play, Northern Nippon. Good luck Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2016 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

They were fun to play. Think I was too distracted by how pretty the estalia pixels are first game to concentrate.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2016 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish them luck... not in their next game, but in general. They do have one big advantage -- being a pig-themed team in Tobaro should garner them a lot of fan support.

(My first game is happening in the next day or two. Not sure about the viability of Four Nations, which is the main reason I picked them, but at least hoping to rack up some cheap SPP on dumpoffs.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2016 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The special scheduling button option on the team screen seems a bit wonky: it lists all the teams I'll be facing (in order), and counts all the times you put in as suggested, at leas tby default. rather than simply only considering the one I actually entered as relevant and ignoring the others entirely unless I put something in there.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2016 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got to play a game, and it was the last of round 1.
After seeing every team in action, I feel comfortably that I can predict how this season will end.

Tobary Qualifying Group
Several teams have finished their second game already, but none of them have managed 2 wins yet. When I looked over the rosters for the league earlier (spent on average 10 seconds on each), I noticed the Zoat team. People on IRC told me they were good, but not that good. Nevertheless I'm still fascinated that a team with 3 5str dudes with general access managed to sneak into the league. The division's Zoat team is run by finster5 and goes by the name of Darkwood Dwellers. I did noticed however the heaps of dead players after the first game. This moved my focus over to another roster and team. The Daemons of Slaanesh team called Pleasure Warriors run by Gartch. I guess the roster is dreamt up by some teenage nerd, however combining agile players with the chaos of mutations seems like a good match. I'm going to put my well earned wooden sheckles on this team to win the Tobary Qualifying Group.

Tor Anroc Qualifying Group
This division have a few teams that confuses me. There are something like 50 new teams, yet two coaches insist on going with the old and tested (dwarf and lizardmen). I'm pretty sure Azure will do well with whatever team he picks, and his Vultures of Hatred might dwarf their way to victory. However what interests me about this division, is the two selfdestructing Daemons of Khorne team. Since one of the Khorne teams have already lost against Azure, my pick will be Burnalot's Endless Bloodfest to win Tor Anroc Qualifying Group. Hear that, Burnalot! I predict you to win, and I hope my 'prediction' carries over to our NSL game tomorrow Wink

Khuresh Qualifying Group
I find this division the hardest to predict. I did a close inspection of each team, and noticed that none of the team were really armor heavy. This made me consider the skink team with 3 kroxigors and the clan Eshin with the stabbsies. I could go through each of the team I give my opinion, but I'll just make it quick, as quick as the team I'm predicting to win. MachJacob's Eastern Stabby Rats are all over fast in a division which lacks big and fast hitters. I think they'll go far.

Bel-Aliad Qualifying Group
Finally my very own division. Since I know from experience my predictions are more curses than actual predictions, I'm taking my team out just in case, and going to concentrate on the remaining 8 teams. This division is more varied than the last one. Everything from the strength of Numas to the speed and agility of Were. I can probably already rule out a couple of teams, just cause of the lack of core skills. Those teams will probably rise fast in later seasons. I'm actually considering TactyHacky's Super Gnomebot Wars, cause I'm really like str3 stunties, and several with general skills. It's part of my plan for world domination to have str3 stunties with wrestle, tackle, dauntless and strip ball, but I have yet to manage that. However, what could be a factor, is that they lost their first game against Nautican's, which from an anonymous source on IRC called the worse roster. I end up picking another team I find balanced and potentially lethal. lonek's Necrovalley Guardians of the Numas persuation will win this division.

Feel free to scrutinize and tear my predictions apart. Many have called them a cursed, but don't blame the predictions, blame Nuffle.

Last edited by Shraaaag on %b %27, %2016 - %17:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for your enthusiasm, round 1 is officially a wrap. A thanks from the administration team for getting it done. Onward!
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

<...kccccchhhckk...>

NEWS REPORT -- "Funnybones Fanboys crumble apart in a heap of bones, citing 'complex issues in behind-the-scenes management' as cause. However, some other sources report internal financial corruption behind the scenes as the true issue, although the true story might never be known.

Frenzied Beer Monsters under coaching of Valen reported as emergency replacement, starting at a fresh 0 points in the group.

<...kccchk...>
Gartch

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
This moved my focus over to another roster and team. The Daemons of Slaanesh team called Pleasure Warriors run by Gartch.(...)I'm going to put my well earned wooden sheckles on this team to win the Tobary Qualifying Group.

Thank you for your confidence in our success...but sorry to disappoint you, the Pleasure Warriors are ranked only 5th after 3 games (and with only one player skilled) Confused
It seems you are going to have to move your focus on another team once again Laughing
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the predictions have seen its first victim. Better luck next season Gartch, I'm still convinced that Daemons of Slaanesh is one of the top rosters.

The remaining of my predictions seems to be still in it. Endless Bloodfest, Eastern Stabby Rats and Necrovalley Guardians are still valid predictions. I probably should've given my own team abit more credit, but that would've been bad luck.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My team, Chaos Magick, is now at -10 casualties in the league. We're being handed out all the beatings!
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2016 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's some random stats so far.

The best player (most spp) so far is Loytaz of Glanderk from Hell with 27 spp. However seeming he has already been taken care of (R.I.P), the current best player is Dan Quick of Vultures of Hatred with 26 spp. Only 7 players have reached their second skill level so far.

Dan Quick is also the most scoring player, and is on the way to fame. Hopefully Daemons of Khorne of Endless Bloodfest can take care of him in the next game as the second most scoring player is Katzagh Ironboot of Endless Bloodfest.

The player with the most blocks and no cas is Franky Four Fingers with 33 toothless blocks.

You can find these stats and many more here:
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~brill/fumbbl_scripts/saves/SLUBBA.html

It's not autmatically updated, but I'll try to remember and run the script every weekend.

Three teams have won all their matches so far. Endless Bloodfest and Web of Defeat has 4 out of 4 games won, and Necrovalley Guardians has won their two games.

The fouliest team is Web of defeat with 9 fouls total, maybe that's their secret of success? (not really)

Endless Bloodfest has, not surprisingly, the highest cas diff with 13 cas ahead. Chaos Magick has the worst cas diff with -10.

It's still to early to give a good picture of how the teams are faring, but as time pass and games are played, you'll realize which teams you should look out for, or follow Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2016 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Criminal Master Minds are 3-1. Not bad for the Khuresh division.
 Jump to: