36 coaches online • Server time: 11:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to pick after double 5?
Guard
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Juggernaut
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Might blow
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
+1 ma
67%
 67%  [ 49 ]
Tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Strip ball
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Side step
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Jump up
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Pie!
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 73

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JJB wrote:
I have given him +1ma, and also fired all the niggled linemen - I have used my wardancer replacement fund to buy a loner with the MVP... A bit different from the advice given here but I'm keen to have skilled linos for better team survival ASAP.

Thank you all for the thorough advice.
That's exactly how you do it. Smile
1) Hire MVP loners
2) Store cash
3) Build up to 11 or 12 men

Edit: I'd not replace the AV-busted Dancer until you have at least 220k in the bank, just in case your new one (or your other one) dies right after you make the swap.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That guy would be long gone on one of my teams. I think a healthy intolerance to injuries of any kind is good Wood Elf coaching. The better the player, the quicker you get rid.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the question, JJB, is, can you make it work on one Dancer? If you can, yeah, ditch him now, then hire a new one as soon as you can afford one, then save up for a replacement player before replacing your lost linemen.

I too am of the philosophy of ditching wounded players, I just could see holding onto that guy for a couple or five games if you're afraid of playing down a Wardancer. None of the team's current linos are of sufficient development to play Jr. WD very well.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the additional input gents.

Just having one WD from the start of the game puts me at a serious tactical disadvantage: it's more than twice harder to target two WDs in two different places than focus all one's energies on just one. Maybe even when one of the two WDs is crippled.

So I will only get rid of him when I have enough cash to buy a new one... and then some in case the other one dies soon after!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
JJB wrote:
I have given him +1ma, and also fired all the niggled linemen - I have used my wardancer replacement fund to buy a loner with the MVP... A bit different from the advice given here but I'm keen to have skilled linos for better team survival ASAP.

Thank you all for the thorough advice.
That's exactly how you do it. Smile
1) Hire MVP loners
2) Store cash
3) Build up to 11 or 12 men

Edit: I'd not replace the AV-busted Dancer until you have at least 220k in the bank, just in case your new one (or your other one) dies right after you make the swap.

Oh man, that is theeee worst.
JJB

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

For those still keeping an eye on this thread...

The WD in question got injured on a straight block by a dark elf w/o MB as the former was trying to push for a score (I didn't have enough players left to protect him them.).

He lost 1ma!!
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2016 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

So now you fire him!

4. Profit!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire them both. Run all-linos until you have enough treasury to replace both.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 02:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Why would he fire his game winning players without funds to replace them? Sure he'd like to chop them, but -ma and -av are minor hindrances in the scheme of things. Replace the damaged wardancers when you can, it shouldn't take long.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Why would he fire his game winning players without funds to replace them? Sure he'd like to chop them, but -ma and -av are minor hindrances in the scheme of things. Replace the damaged wardancers when you can, it shouldn't take long.

I've made this mistake. It's not fun.

This really shows you why there needs to be a limit on how much you can save, cause stuff like this never happens. Wink
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 03:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've played with all lino wood elves endlessly before. Also not fun. One should find the balance.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

You know I'd rather have an MA7 WD with an extra skill than an MA8 one with -MA...

But sure, do whatever is going to provide you the most enjoyment. Whether you fire him asap or not, he will need to be fired at some point I suppose.
 Jump to: