38 coaches online • Server time: 16:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2016 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Little late to the party, but trying out the Daemons of Slaanesh Twisted Evil Velvet
Geoffro

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey All. Just joined up. Looks pretty awesome! [SL] Clan Che Fu is ready to hit the shores!. I noticed my team was not on the list in your group page. I applied for membership. Maybe i need to be approved?. Cheers!
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My team is ready to play!
[sl]Witchy and Ditchy with a B

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=848837

Witch Elf Team(if you didn't get that already)
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah you will all be approved, don't worry about it, its only for our stats, you can play straight away Smile
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to say garion im liking araby
Sure im only 2 games in and sure they are only draws but thats a new unbeaten record for me Very Happy
Though i may have to block less the self inflicted attrition is showing ........

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2016 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=849377

and

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=849382
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It may not be the first completed Rumble, but the upcoming game between the Mos Eisley Banthas and the Zoat Suit Riots will determine who holds bragging rights as the winner of Royal Rookie Rumble No. 1. A brief preview of the game, which remains unscheduled:

HOW THEY GOT THERE

The Banthas have wiped the floor with their opponents so far, posting three consecutive four-TD games and outscoring rivals 12-1. They also have an 11-6 casualty advantage, including four casualties dealt by knife wound. It's hard to point to a time in the first three rounds when they were significantly tested, which cuts both ways: they've racked up skills, but did they learn to execute in a tight situation?

The Zoats also allowed only one TD through their first three games, but beyond that, their path to the finals has been very different. Their last two games both went far into overtime, but they pulled ahead in the clutch. They've taken more casualties than they've allowed, unusual for a team with such power.

STYLES OF PLAY

One thing's certain: the Banthas are clearly not afraid of running up the score. In all three of their games, they've scored early and often, using the dodging prowess of their runners and sneaky gits to get out for quick touchdowns. They also rely heavily on their knives for attrition. While many hobgoblin teams have a reputation for fouling, this hasn't been true of Mos Eisley thus far -- they've committed only two fouls in three games, though this may have something to do with them not needing to employ the boot.

The Riots, by contrast, have played a cautious positional game. With poor handling and few reliable blocking options, they've had to minimize risk and edge out opponents. It remains to be seen whether the emergence of Willy Smith and now Jack Smooth as reliable blockers will change that strategy.

HOW THEY MATCH UP

This is a classic battle of strength vs. guile. The hobgoblins have no reliable counter for the Zoats' big men, but the Zoats' poor dodging and ball-handling are obstacles to their success. The Zoats are moderately susceptible to stabbing, and a couple injuries or KOs to key players could put them in a real bind. Conversely, the Zoats' sure feet should allow them to keep pace with the slightly faster hobgoblins.

On defense, the Hobgoblins will probably attempt to swarm the ball, both before the Zoats can get in formation and after. Marking the Juvens (and maybe even the full-size Zoats) tightly seems like an effective strategy -- they can't dodge away, and the team has limited rerolls, which will have to cover blocking, movement and handling. Conversely, the hobgoblins' poor armor could get them into trouble if they decide to commit too much to soaking blocks and forcing a mistake.

INJURIES AND INDUCEMENTS

Both teams arrive with key injuries. Big Zoat James Cupid is one of two missing players for the Riots, who currently have 10 players but are expected to hire an 11th for the final. The Banthas have only one injury, but it's a big one -- runner BoShek, their top star, is out for the game.

KEY PLAYERS

For the Riots, Jack Smooth plays a big role, but the undisputed top guy is Lou Calloway. Calloway has scored all five of the team's touchdowns so far, and is the only Zoat with even a little ball-handling skill. Expect the team to give him the ball as often as they can.

For the Banthas, take a close look at the diabolical duo of Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan. Both are going to be very difficult targets for the Riots to put down, and both can help the Banthas via blocking, scoring and stabbing. They definitely have more players who can make an impact than the Zoats do. Kabe, the Banthas' only available runner, is also a potential MVP, and they'll rely on the blocking and leadership of Wuher.

PREDICTIONS

The Banthas are going to try to put this game away early, as they have three times already. If they can score in the first few turns, the Riots are in serious trouble. The same is true if the Riots take early casualties -- with their dirty players and 12-man lineup, the hobgoblins can press a personnel advantage with fouls if need be. (If Calloway or Smooth goes out, this game is as good as over.)

The best hope for the Riots is a close, low-scoring grind of a game. If they can neutralize the Banthas' offense and turn the game into a scrum, they might be able to counterpunch for one or two crucial touchdowns -- though even there, they might not have the advantage, given the Banthas' copious supply of rerolls and ability to pick up the ball with any player. Their best hope might involve making the game physical, and hoping their blocking luck outlasts the Banthas' flimsy armor.

Maybe I'm biased, but I like the Banthas here. They have more player skills and more ways to win. I'll predict a 3-1 victory for the hobgoblins.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
blackGigio

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just discovered this league. Joined as Were team Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Smile were are a tricky team for sure, probably best to play them like you would skaven the cats are the stars at low tv

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

but the malial team is not playable yet?
i cant find them in the team create page....
MachJacob

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2016 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyborc, Ref, Spawn of Chaos, Malal and Werewolf are all unavailable. The latter three because they all involve changing players after the match, which the client can't do.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2016 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Old World Rumble No. 1 is in the books, and the Mos Eisley Banthas have swept through the tournament to claim the crown, capitalizing on a pair of stellar individual performances and opposing QB Lou Calloway's struggles to post a 3-0 win over the Zoat Suit Riots.

The match saw the appearance of a bona fide Blood Bowl celebrity: Bomber Dribblesnot, who made a guest appearance with the Riots. Dribblesnot successfully threw all four of his explosive devices, delighting the crowd but not doing much damage before the refs managed to corral him. For Riots fans, this was the highlight of a disappointing first drive, which saw Lou Calloway repeatedly fail to secure the ball, finally get it in hand, and promptly knock himself out while blitzing the Banthas' Ponda Baba. Calloway, who had scored all five of the Riots' touchdowns, didn't return until late in the second half.

Assisted by team leader Wuher, Baba secured the loose ball, but tripped over his own feet in the end zone. Undaunted, he pulled off a highlight reel play in return, blitzing cornerback Toddy Elkus into the injury box and regaining the ball for a TD. The closing minutes of the first half were marred by tragedy as the Riots' Herb Ramirez was killed by a hobgoblin block. At halftime, the Riots' fans (somewhat predictably) rioted, and the second-half kickoff was delayed by several minutes.

The second half was as one-sided as the first, with Banthas running back Kabe receiving the ball and scoring a fairly easy touchdown. The Banthas kicked off up 2-0, but with Calloway out of the game, the Zoats continued to struggle with the ball, giving multiple Banthas players time to sprint into the backfield and sack the opposition. Ponda Baba, the star of the game, scored his second touchdown. With little time left on the clock, the Riots attempted to cut the margin down to 3-1, but a last-second pass failed.

This game concludes a remarkable tournament run for the Banthas, who scored 15 TDs over the Rumble's four games, allowing only one in return. With star runner BoShek back from injury, Mos Eisley hopes to carry their success forward into the upcoming Old World Brawl.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
FTJUK

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2016 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

New Clan Eshin team Cold Tracks ready to go
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2016 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Any idea when the spawn team might be playable if ever? Was the team I was most excited about always loved my spawn on TT had a few for my beasties and chaos and even had a pet spawn for my dark inquisition team :p

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

all right, i really love teams, so much so i think i have as much time making teams, custom or just trying different skills on "canon" teams as i do playing the actual game, so secret league is like some sort of blood soaked heaven to me XD i already want to play every team, but for now it's just these guys (i hope to god these are the right links):

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=852965

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=852950

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=852954

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=852951

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=852964

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=852960
 Jump to: