51 coaches online • Server time: 12:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dlock wrote:
Hello.

I am personally wee bit surprised that High Elves are the only elves who havent won the title...

I think they are stronger roster than woodies or pros and only little bit weaker than Darkies.

I mean, linos are AV8, blitzers are handy and the catchers... well,4 of them with ST3 and MV8 (or thereabouts) are just superb and all these pieces are still AG4.

Am I missing something why they just dont seem to make it all the way...?

- D

It's a damn conspiracy! Dandies should have won it season 41, but Mort Volente had their admin client running wild in the first round and the poor Dandies never recovered...

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

High Elves have to play a bit bashy now and then, same as dark elves, but only have 2 blitzers to do it with. So people all build a couple of their catchers to be extra hitters, and it doesn't work well to run AV 7 hitters at high TV.

They put Guard on their throwers, for instance. Tackle/Mighty Blow on catchers. Only way they have to turn over the ball, and then they can't do anything with it and get smashed.

But there's been plenty of High Elves make prem, big results in confs, they just get taken apart trying to beat other big teams regularly and take a while to rebuild after, often with further damaged catchers that are still their only turnover option.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but with high elves and AV8 you can play bit bashy... I dont know, with AV8 I would just play "step back - defense". AV8 should quarantee enough players for the whole game. You could propable manmark for a turn or 2 if you really like to risk it and good move on catchers and st3 should help on getting 2 dice block on BC somewhere down the line.

Ah, I quess I am experiencing "AV" envy playing all AV7 team - and with tree is not even all AV7. One of these days I might learn how to play proper rather than just thinking that all the other teams have something better than me...

Ah, when does the cup start?
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree dlock, I don't think it is overly surprising, but they are certainly "the best that is left".

This time last year, both Orc and Necro were on that list, so the helfs weren't such a stand out.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Daudy

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun fact, out of the 25 seasons of CRP Prem, it has been won 18 times by a team that has gone on to play at least 100 games (or already had 100).

Obviously this is skewed somewhat by certain teams winning bucketloads (some things don't change despite the conditions, a credit to them), but it does include a few outside of that group. Wäŋa Warriors are on 82 games and not far off, while a few of the non-100gamer winners were from the early formation period.

I don't know if it means anything, but it seemed interesting. Create a Legend!

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2016 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone got news on when the cup kicks off?

If you're interested join the Fringe
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Scheduled for the 8th, likely to happen slightly beforehand with the 1 week deadlines.

Post 18 Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Daudy wrote:
Fun fact, out of the 25 seasons of CRP Prem, it has been won 18 times by a team that has gone on to play at least 100 games (or already had 100).

Watch out you lot, I'm right on the brink then as Kroakland only has 99 more wins to go!

Post 18 Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
Anyone got news on when the cup kicks off?

I'm very much on the drift since LXV finished, and now spend 2/3 of SFA time on the forum because there's nothing happening.

And not entirely coincidentally, WWII miniatures have now pushed Blood Bowl players off my painting table as well.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Flames of war ooze ?

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's coming...

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Not FoW BB - Chain of Command and Bolt Action in 28mm. It's a treat to be able to use the same forces and figures with completely different sets of rules.
And I prefer early war stuff - the 1940 Floor Show - so I am doing up Home Guard (yes, Dad's Army) and Fallschirmjäger platoons now, with all the others to come later.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2016 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Champions of Past section of Group Page updated to include all previous division winners.

Twahnlow winners moved off the group page because of code load (the site had trouble parsing all the bbcode), but you can find it all at ramchop's SWL Records Page.

Again: big thanks to ramchop and CaptainSmiithheart for fantastic coding and scripting help.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: