57 coaches online • Server time: 17:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I fire the injured players?
Keep both
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Fire the -ma
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fire the niggle
77%
 77%  [ 37 ]
Fire both
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 48

Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. And most coaches will target your niggled, because what they really see is a walking casualty. Distracts killers, use it to your advantage!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2016 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Yeah. And most coaches will target your niggled, because what they really see is a walking casualty. Distracts killers, use it to your advantage!

Just put a ST4 MB player in B2B and let it sort itself out on a failed -2d6, a failed dodge, or a block next turn.
Brodent

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate all the replies. Based on the overwhelming consensus I'm probably going to fire the niggled linerat but keep the -ma linerat around for a while.

They're both out for next game and the matchups for the second half of the season (it's a double round robin) haven't been generated yet so I have time to mull it over. Would knowing who my next opponent is change the decision at all? If not I'll just release him now.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Since there is no penalty for you in any way if you keep him while he is mng you can keep him for next game just as well. After that you will have more informations about your situation and if nothing surprising comes up you can still fire him then.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Fire the niggled, keep the -MA.

This.

Yep.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
m0gw41 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

This.

Yep.

Hey Sage! I watch a lot of your games on Youtube, especially when you're playing Skaven. If the advice is coming from you I've got to follow it.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to take a contrary opinon. Sort of. You mentioned this is a double round robin league. Which begs the question, what are your next few matches, and at what TV. At 50k for a linerat, it's entirely possible for the TV ranges to be such that removing the rat doesn't change the inducement picture, but sees you down an emergency reserve player. In that case, you should keep the -n rat until you can replace him or you reach a match where it makes a bigger difference. A niggled rat is still better than being straight up down a player.

So wait to see what those next matches are.

Either way keep the -MA rat. It's not that big a loss, just make him one of the poor rats who serve on the LOS.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

My next game was against a wood elf team with a 200tv lead on me. Managed to tie the game up 1-1. I leveled a stormvermin and gave him guard but took another linerat niggle. So two niggles and a -ma. I have 90k in gold and 11 players if I fire the niggles.

Next opponent is chaos. He has a minotaur but only two warriors. He has three level ups: A goat with kick, another goat with sure hands, and a mighty blow warrior. I beat him 3-0 last time our teams played but that was early in the season before either of us had any leveled players.

I could either buy a replacement linerat or a fourth runner. A linerat would likely leave me enough gold to buy another after this game and I'd be back to a 13-man bench. A fourth runner would be nice but it'd empty my treasury.

Last edited by Brodent on %b %13, %2016 - %22:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy the Gutter Runner and don't take Guard on a Storm Vermin, take Mighty Blow instead.
kummo

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

He doesn't have that many skills so his blocking and blitzing isn't that reliable. I would keep niggled ones and try to foul with them. If you get to choose, try also start receiving. If he puts only beastmen on LOS then try to get all of them down, blitz some skilled one and foul the skilled one. If he puts Warriors and Mino on LOS then either try to block one, blitz one beastman and foul either one (preferably skilled one). Hope for av breaks Wink

Rookie skaven should be able to handle unskilled Chaos (3 skills aren't much.. especially when none of them were block).

MattDakka wrote:
Buy the Gutter Runner and don't take Guard on a Storm Vermin, take Mighty Blow instead.

He already took Guard.

And i think that buying one more gutter gives free wizard for opponent. I wouldn't buy anything this round.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

burn the nigglers in the pyre of sacrfice

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ btw, I'm REALLY happy that autocorrect did not change that word up there...

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:

MattDakka wrote:

He already took Guard.

I know. He should have taken Mighty Blow.
It was a suggestion for the future.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

+1

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2016 - 23:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Fire the niggle, always fire a niggle, don't worry about roster size or anything else, just fire them.

Unless they are a legend or some other highly skilled necessary part of a team, but for line fodder?

Fire all niggles, every time, don't think, don't ask, just fire, Fire, FIRE!

-MA is irrelevant though, I'd keep him and leave him on the line to eventually get killed.

It's like licker ate my mind.

This.

Jump to: