16 coaches online • Server time: 07:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
there isnt much in that team that is illegal they just need to drop 1 human lino for a tilea lineman and it is legal so no biggie.

Apart from the fact he's making no effort to do so. Just looking at that team (not just the extra player) and how it's playing is a shame for SL in my opinion.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

What? I modified the team, even asked an admin to unready the team, so i can change it. So either i misunderstood the rules again, or you owe me a public apoligize after accusing me having no effort to comply with the rules.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you did. Apologies I miscounted. My mistake.
boruppeter

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I think they are mid tier overall but have some very strong builds too, people are telling me they are broken and too weak, that is usually a pretty good sign they are fine Smile
I think it's quite presumptuous to simply state that if people have concerns about something (in this case: that the Tilean team is too weak), that this means that everything is okay (as, obviously, the people with said concerns simply are to stupid to realise the truth). But alas, if you think that's the right way to react to comments meant as constructive criticism, go ahead (just don't wonder why people don't play these obviously 'fine teams' and avoid games against other, probably equally 'fine teams', like the Daemons of Khorne).
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
so my khorne daemons get no more matches despite not skilling up to killer monsters.

Shocked This is not very surprising. I'm actually surprised that you are surprised that people don't want to play vs that type of team.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
mekutata wrote:
so my khorne daemons get no more matches despite not skilling up to killer monsters.

Shocked This is not very surprising. I'm actually surprised that you are surprised that people don't want to play vs that type of team.

i think the team is not the problem. the thirster is. but also for his/her (dunno thirster's gender fluff) own teammates.

you want a match?

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

boruppeter wrote:
Garion wrote:
I think they are mid tier overall but have some very strong builds too, people are telling me they are broken and too weak, that is usually a pretty good sign they are fine Smile
I think it's quite presumptuous to simply state that if people have concerns about something (in this case: that the Tilean team is too weak), that this means that everything is okay (as, obviously, the people with said concerns simply are to stupid to realise the truth). But alas, if you think that's the right way to react to comments meant as constructive criticism, go ahead (just don't wonder why people don't play these obviously 'fine teams' and avoid games against other, probably equally 'fine teams', like the Daemons of Khorne).

You have overreacted big time in your post, I'm really not sure where that has come from, no one said anyone was stupid, all I said is I am getting feedback saying they are too good and too weak. Yours is 1 opinion, I am interested to hear it, but don't expect me to make changes to teams just because you think a certain way. The stats for Tilea are fine, and support that no change is currently needed. I'm sure you can appreciate this. I think it would be a big mistake to make any changes to teams unless absolutely needed, especially at this early stage.

As for Daemons of Khorne I am not sure what you are getting at tbh? Are you saying they are too good or too weak? If you want to check the stats for any teams they are below, for me DoK are performing exactly as I wanted, they are the best killers but have problems winning -

http://fumbbldata.azurewebsites.net/statssl.html

In other news, a load of races have reached 100 game, and DoK have reached 300.

Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
mekutata wrote:

It's a bit sad really that people see alot of claw and wet their knickers. That team just has only one claw-mb! Not so scary.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

totally agree m0gw41, that teams isnt scary in the slightest
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure I recorded my first ever pitch clear yesterday. The match was Khorne Daemons vs. the lowly Clan Skryre. The surprising thing is, I was playing Skryre.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3829785

Nuffle works in mysterious ways...

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

(And personally, I love facing claw... then again, I also love playing the kinds of teams against which claw is mostly or entirely irrelevant.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'm just pretending Greater Daemons of Khorne don't exist. I'm against starting ST7 on principle.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So you wouldn't play against a death roller either?

You really are quite silly sometimes jackass. No reason for that stance, the bloodthirster should be the strongest and best killer in the BB world. personally I dont really like greater daemons or even daemons playing BB at all, and would hate either of their inclusion in the real game. But in Secret League in which every race from "the world" even the legacy ones like zoat are part of it, their inclusion is needed, especially when the Daemons of Slaanesh are actually in the BB fluff dating back to 2nd edition, as is the GuO.

despite my feelings on daemons they are actually the most popular races which is interesting.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Rollers are Secret Weapons, and do not represent a particularly good value. I also have problems with Greater Daemons writ large. But yeah, I've been avoiding the DoX teams, save those that don't feature greater daemons.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2016 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The greater daemons are all 200 k so are quite bloaty/not good value either and they're not even close to being op. As I said - I wouldn't like them in the real game. But refusing to play against them here seems really really daft, you are just limiting yourself and missing out on the new tactical elements they bring to the game. What principle is this you are holding on to that you would avoid new experiences for? I just don't get this odd stance at all.