43 coaches online • Server time: 19:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also say that you're missing out on easy wins. Teams that start with a Greater Daemon have to be missing out on rerolls, or other positionals, and suffer because of it.

I have all 5 of the DoX teams, and all 5 started with their Greater Daemons (not a tactical choice, I just got excited and wanted to play with all the new toys). 4 of them died/were retired within the first 5 or 6 games, while I was still trying to save to buy rerolls. And the one team that still has their Greater Daemon has the worst record of all 5 teams...

Considered as an individual, yes, they are very powerful players (and rightly so). Considered as part of a team, with an associated cost? Not so much.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, a perfect summary, the best Deamons of tzeentch and daemons of slaanesh teams in particular leave their big guy at home.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll wait to get some more games played to officilly disagree but my 5/0/0 DoK team of thirster and linos feels like the right choice.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Dok I would agree, DoN I'd say find theirs useful but only after the other players are already somewhat developed, with DoT and DoS imo are better without.
Will be interested to see at high tv though as I would suspect well developed letters would be the way to go because of regeneration but that's just me theory bowl'ing'

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the theory. It's getting the team to that point that I'm struggling to envision/ make a plan for. I might try and figure it out but for now I like the fluff of a bunch of cultists who somehow managed to summon a bloodthirster as well as the play style of the best kilier ever seen running round causing mayhem and a bunch of crummy linemen trying to get anew actual game going with nought but a bunch of rerolls so it's been a fun adventure at low TV so far.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone else having trouble finding games at the 1600+tv mark? Is it because coaches are spreading their games around lots of different teams and not building up one or two?
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh an by der way, I iz in der top ten diz sprint so if yew ent den suk on der fakt dat yew az bin owtkoached by a goblin uzin goblinz, not sum op bludsukkin loserz like dat posh korner shop ownin git Harad ad ter do ter win der furst wun!

Rant over, I az ter let Nige owt fer a play, nite saddos!
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I am really not a fan of playing against gnomes. Am i supposed to believe a gnome is faster and as strong as an ork?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Warhammer gnomes had pretty similar stats to humans....So as strong and faster than an orc.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

what HM said ^. gnomes were actually pretty strong and fast for their size. The team is accurate to their background, though I understand your disconnect if you aren't familiar with them as it sounds like you're imagining them to be garden gnomes or something, which they aren't.they are still pretty squishy mind and they aren't as strong as an orc really. As gnomes have stunty and lower av so are a lot easier to hurt.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
I agree with the theory. It's getting the team to that point that I'm struggling to envision/ make a plan for. I might try and figure it out but for now I like the fluff of a bunch of cultists who somehow managed to summon a bloodthirster as well as the play style of the best kilier ever seen running round causing mayhem and a bunch of crummy linemen trying to get anew actual game going with nought but a bunch of rerolls so it's been a fun adventure at low TV so far.

Glad you are having fun. That is the point in secret league a fun fluffy place to play. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble finding games at the 1600+tv mark? Is it because coaches are spreading their games around lots of different teams and not building up one or two?

Some days yes others no. I always put a mix of tvs on game finder to cover all bases. If you are trying to get your Sprint complete don't worry they run over two months Smile plenty of time yet.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2016 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

SLumbbl cup is coming next month. Get your teams ready!

You can apply to the group now if you wish, though the proper recruitment drive will begin next month, the group is linked up there ^^^.

There is no TV limit all Secret League Open teams are allowed. One team per coach.

More news on the date of the draw to follow... keep your eyes open for blogs

ahalfling

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2016 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

28 games into their otherwise successful career, Touch Not the Cat has reached a significant milestone: they're only the third Secret League team to suffer 100 casualties. I suspect people might be missing the very prominent "Not" in the team name.

(We're coming for you, Los Mercheros... though it might take a little more work to catch up with the Shamenz.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2016 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I had an idea (and generally that's not a good thing): what about a butcher-shop elf team?

Let me expand: since we now have a full witch dark elf team, i think it would be fun to have a Cult of Khaine team to highlight the Dark Elf Witch unliked cousin, the assassin. Something like 0-4 DE Assassins, 0-2 Executioners (6348 with Chainsaw, SW, maybe Block?) and DE linos.

I don't think there are any basis for such a team in the rulebooks, and considering that the SL is mostly based on fluff it's improbable it will be taken in consideration, but the male half of the cult of the Lord of Murder is part of the background. Plus, chainsaw wielding Elves!

What do you think?

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
 Jump to: